PDA

View Full Version : Dessie Keenan where have u been

sills
22nd April 2007, 19:38
Well done has to be said to this young man on his first outing in a wrc machine,
Dessie won the Monaghan rally around of the national championshp in what was said to be very difficult conditions. He beat all the national regulars with an incridable display of driving and the question is, is there a budget there to allow this man more seat time in the Mckinstry Motorsport Impreza, if there is and he can get the sponsors Eugene Donnelly and Mark Higgins will want to be watching there mirrors in the future

Just like to say again well done

BennyB
23rd April 2007, 11:32
Everybody in irish rallying knows of Dessie Keenan. He has just never had the funds required to step up to the highest level. He has amazing talent, anybody who saw him in the magnificent black Mark 2 or the Evo would agree.
Hopefully this result will lead to more sponsorship and let him have a crack at the national or tarmac series.

sills
23rd April 2007, 12:32
i know who he is like, seen him entered in that and knew hed be quick but didnt think that quick

BennyB
23rd April 2007, 17:15
Yeah, most know of his ability, but I suppose all the talk yesterday on the stages was how he would adapt to the impreza given it was his first drive in such a car.
Conditions were slippy and he posted joint second fastest time on stage 1 with Patrick Elliott in the much newer S11 and never looked back really.
I'd say his father Enda ( who drove the mark 2 as a double 0 car yesterday ) was over the moon