PDA

View Full Version : Advice for first time GP? Going to Suzuka

Justin M
6th July 2015, 22:04
Hello, I am going to the Suzuka Grand Prix, this will be the first F1 Race that I will attend.

Any recommendations on seating, i.e. which grandstand? I'm considering "Grandstand I"

I can easily find the practice, qualifying, and race timetable, but is there anywhere to look up festivities that will be happening around the GP as well? Is there any sort of "pit-day" or time where the public can get a close up look at the cars?

Any other general suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Justin

AAReagles
11th July 2015, 07:32
Unfortunately I haven't much to offer other than to suggest:

- if no info/response comes from any F1 forums, you may want to ask the same questions in some WEC forum and/or (especially the) Moto GP forums.

- Always prepare for wet weather, so bring along zip-lock bags (camera, phone, ticket stub, etc), a poncho or whatever suits your needs or preference.

- Learn basic Japanese, even though English is well used around the globe. Your pronounciation may be off, but your efforts will be recognized and appreciated. Perhaps even rewarded with further assistance of info for your journey. Worked for me anyhow - in Germany (1988).

One more thing; go easy on the tea/coffee/booze or whatever may interfere with your spectating of this event. As you'll soon find out, it's nothing to miss.

And if you happen to remember; come back and let us know how it went. Thanks in advance. :)