PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Britain

steveaki13
5th July 2015, 15:27
Vote for your driver of the race and give us your thoughts on other good drives.

A FONDO
5th July 2015, 15:44
Hammy.
Vettel.

longisland
5th July 2015, 15:49
Lewis the clear winner. Nico had a good recovery drive to minimize the deficit.

donKey jote
5th July 2015, 15:52
Kimi :bandit:

dj_bytedisaster
5th July 2015, 15:58
Vettel. Made the best of the weekend with a lacklustre Fezza.

kfzmeister
5th July 2015, 16:08
Vettel. Made the best of the weekend with a lacklustre Fezza.

Mir kommts Kotzen :-)

steveaki13
5th July 2015, 16:19
I am struggling to decide.

Lewis - won the race, due to undercut at first stops and a good call later on made an error by trying to pass Massa too early.

Nico - Passed the Williams on track and was faster on circuit during the rain.

Seb - Had a poor start, but rose relentlessly through the field and like Hamilton made a good call.

Kyvat - Drove a strong little race and finished a good 6th.

Hulkenberg - Drove a good race.

steveaki13
5th July 2015, 16:20
I am going to go for Vettel by a whisker from Hamilton

dj_bytedisaster
5th July 2015, 16:25
Mir kommts Kotzen :-)

Dir kommt bei Vettel immer das Kotzen. Ich weiss ja nicht, ob er deine Frau gevögelt hat, aber dein Hass ist ziemlich irrational.

Robinho
5th July 2015, 16:52
Massa for a bit, Hamilton for a bit, Rosberg for a bit and Vettel for a bit. Given that Hamilton was the one at the front at the end I'll go with him

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

N4D13
5th July 2015, 17:32
I'll go with Huelkenberg myself. :)

N. Jones
5th July 2015, 18:20
Massa. Great drive from the front and he never gave up.

henners88
5th July 2015, 18:49
Hamilton closely followed by Vettel.

Storm
6th July 2015, 07:16
I guess Hamilton, but Vettel was good too.

anfield5
6th July 2015, 14:00
Vettel paced himself well then when it rained he was epic. Massa was faultless and could do more more than he did. Hamiltwat won in the best car after butchering the start. Alonso deserves a mention for hauling his horrid black tractor into the points and basically driving perfectly in the circumstances

zako85
6th July 2015, 15:58
Can't vote. Alonso, who always extracts 110% of car's performance since 2010, is not on the list.

The Black Knight
6th July 2015, 16:08
I'm torn between Vettel or Hamilton. Rosberg was also epic between laps 35- 43 ish. Had a great run. I gotta go to Hamilton because of his call to go into the pits on lap 43 - perfect timing from him even though Vettel followed suit on the same lap. Some good drives throughout the field really.

Robinho
6th July 2015, 16:26
Vettel was poor at the start, good at the end, but essentially benefitted from Raikkonens bad tyre choice and Williams self destructing in the rain. Rosberg had no answer for the Williams in the dry, but was impressive in the wet/dry on slicks. No quicker than Hamilton in full wet. Hamilton has the poor start, couldn't pass the Williams and was vulnerable in the damp. Massa held of everyone on the dry, was pulling away from bottom on the hard tyres and quicker in the wet, but not enough to keep Vettel behind once they did the extra wet lap on slicks. No one driver nailed the whole race, but Hamilton got to the front and stayed there

driveace
6th July 2015, 21:40
Hamilton needed it and did the business
But Vettel again recovered well too

airshifter
6th July 2015, 21:41
Vettel was poor at the start, good at the end, but essentially benefitted from Raikkonens bad tyre choice and Williams self destructing in the rain. Rosberg had no answer for the Williams in the dry, but was impressive in the wet/dry on slicks. No quicker than Hamilton in full wet. Hamilton has the poor start, couldn't pass the Williams and was vulnerable in the damp. Massa held of everyone on the dry, was pulling away from bottom on the hard tyres and quicker in the wet, but not enough to keep Vettel behind once they did the extra wet lap on slicks. No one driver nailed the whole race, but Hamilton got to the front and stayed there

A very good summary of what went down. A lot of good drives, but some are making the mistake of others look like the driver(s) that were lucky due to it are the aces. Especially in changing conditions, we have all seen that tire choices are often a roll of the dice, and it's one of the few times luck comes into the picture.

Tazio
7th July 2015, 16:56
I voted for Seb, but The Boss drove a very good race as did Felipe, VB, and Hulk!

N4D13
7th July 2015, 23:41
Can't vote. Alonso, who always extracts 110% of car's performance since 2010, is not on the list.
He might have put a fine display at the end, but that spin at the start was clumsy. I know that he was trying to avoid the Lotuses in front and that it was an unexpected thing, but still, the fact remains that in doing that he crashed into someone else and had there been more cars behind him, he might have caused a much worse accident.