PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Race - Silverstone

steveaki13
5th July 2015, 15:24
Vote time

dj_bytedisaster
5th July 2015, 15:34
Williams - A practical demonstration in how to be blithering idiots.

gm99
5th July 2015, 15:40
Agree, Williams had a potentially race-winning car today and didn't even end up on the podium.

longisland
5th July 2015, 15:46
Williams hands down.

A FONDO
5th July 2015, 15:47
Massa
Bottas
Williams management

donKey jote
5th July 2015, 15:48
Williams

dj_bytedisaster
5th July 2015, 15:59
Ding, ding, ding - We have a winner! :D pretty unanimous, innit?

donKey jote
5th July 2015, 16:12
well with MAL out of the race so soon...

steveaki13
5th July 2015, 16:22
Williams strategiests for not letting Bottas attack or pass

Williams strategiests for being slow at the up take during pit stops

Williams drivers/Cars for being quite slow in the rain

Sainz for not pulling off the track further.

N. Jones
5th July 2015, 18:21
Lotus. I think they need a Renault takeover so someone who understand race craft teach some fundamentals.

veeten
5th July 2015, 20:06
could someone tell Missy to close the compact and run the Damned team?!!!

truefan72
5th July 2015, 21:07
Massa
Bottas
Williams management

exactly!
perfectly said

truefan72
5th July 2015, 21:09
honorable mention to lotus. This was a race they could have done something given the attrition, etc.
I'll have to go wath the replays to fully understand who is at fault with that incident.

COD
5th July 2015, 22:51
Ricciardo for the first lap mayhem
And Williams

Zico
6th July 2015, 02:17
I agree that Williams were too slow in making the pit to inters and I was truely gutted for them after such an amazing start... but Im wondering (as EJ? suggested) if their real problem is because they largely achieve their speed by having a very slippery, low downforce car/set-up that consequently doesn't work half as well in the wet, so they suffered more than the rest. What do you guys think about his theory?

steveaki13
6th July 2015, 07:50
What do you guys think about his theory?

As I just said in another thread, I agree with this.

I mean Williams lost the lead through a bad call, but after that they were 2nd and 3rd and Nico couldn't pass them. Soon as the rain came, they were tip toeing on slicks and were past by Rosberg. Vettel pitted earlier, but ultimately it appeared Williams had no fundamental wet pace.

anfield5
6th July 2015, 13:55
I agree that Williams were too slow in making the pit to inters and I was truely gutted for them after such an amazing start... but Im wondering (as EJ? suggested) if their real problem is because they largely achieve their speed by having a very slippery, low downforce car/set-up that consequently doesn't work half as well in the wet, so they suffered more than the rest. What do you guys think about his theory?
Agree entirely. The car never does well when down force is needed, including the wet. Sure they should have stopped earlier, but ultimately it wouldn't have helped due to the rain.

My donkey of the race was Sauber, at least both Williams and Black cars made the start

The Black Knight
6th July 2015, 16:10
Can't look past Williams for race Donkeys. They could potentially have won had they let Bottas past. When you're fighting with the like of Ferrari for 2nd the championship and you really want to get your grove on, they really must take their chances when they come, even if it means upsetting the slower driver. The team must come first in this situation and I think they could have won that race had Bottas been allowed to move past.

driveace
6th July 2015, 21:44
Rob what were you thinking about ?
The Finns were going wild watching their TV`s
Why hold Bottas up when he was far faster that Massa ?

steveaki13
7th July 2015, 07:58
Its probably more of a case of Felipe having been under team orders at Ferrari and is now determined to never obey any again and so Williams felt they couldn't tell him to let Bottas through.