PDA

View Full Version : V8's - is it true?

millencolin
22nd April 2007, 08:58
i missed todays v8 races today... (i was at the pub :p :) but i heard that the race was shorten by 7 laps so it would suit chanel 7's AFL coverage?

if that is true then its a disgrace! Seven doesnt have commitment for v8's, just to whatever gets them money!!!

racer69
22nd April 2007, 09:43
Errr, it was only shortened as the race ran longer than expected (due to a pair of lengthy safety car periods).

It has been known right from the announcement of the calendar months ago that some race meetings (V8 wise) had to be wound up by 3pm AEST. Is it Channel 7's fault then that VESA were unable to schedule the race to finish at an appropriate time, taking into account delays?

Seven don't have any committment, yet they are dedicating much much more airtime to V8Supercars than Channel 10 ever did......

And it also must be remembered that, in Sydney at least, the AFL game they went too after the V8 coverage was finished (they showed the podium celebrations/interviews and everything) was already into the second quarter! Imagine if you were an AFL fan wanting to watch that game?