PDA

View Full Version : News & rumours

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Koppomsbo
16th January 2008, 10:10
I have heard that Suzuki SX4 WRC-project is a disaster. There is not enough money, and the car is worser than Hyundai Accent WRC.. When they tested in Sweden three of the mechanics from Japan hadn´t seen the car before and some others where local Swedish mechanics. They are also kicking out all the French people, like Nandan, and replace them with people from Japan.

However, they are developing a S2000-car beside..

Well, i wouldnt say just say "local" swedish mechanics, the swedish guy who where there is the same chief mechanic that PG have had during his Suzuki time.

AndyRAC
16th January 2008, 10:50
I have heard that Suzuki SX4 WRC-project is a disaster. There is not enough money, and the car is worser than Hyundai Accent WRC.. When they tested in Sweden three of the mechanics from Japan hadn´t seen the car before and some others where local Swedish mechanics. They are also kicking out all the French people, like Nandan, and replace them with people from Japan.

However, they are developing a S2000-car beside..

Why am I not surprised?

Nandan leaving and saying they had no money for testing....., They'll be lucky if they're as good as the Accent WRC. Yes, we want more teams but only if they're taking it serously, and not on the cheap. Pity none of the prestige brands aren't interested.

A.F.F.
16th January 2008, 11:42
Welcome to S2000 :up:

Frozzy
16th January 2008, 13:21
what ever hapened to hyundais plans of getting back into the WRC anyways?

Mirek
16th January 2008, 13:25
Were there actualy some?

GigiGalliNo1
16th January 2008, 13:45
haha thats funny hearing about suzi giving up so easily? hrmm....

jparker
16th January 2008, 14:57
haha thats funny hearing about suzi giving up so easily? hrmm....

I don't think "giving up" is the right word here, it's a wise decision. Why spend tons of money and few years development, just to come to the point when they have to scrap everything. The sooner they get their attention to S2000, the better.

Donney
17th January 2008, 08:37
Why entering the WRC then and not going straight to the IRC and then switching with all the experienced and data collected there?

bluuford
17th January 2008, 09:02
Well. this is just a rumour about suzuki (like the heading of the thread is saying). I heard also some rumours that current super 2000 formula was dead already when it was born. Not spectacular, no fun to watch those cars. I am agree with that point. Current super 2000 cars are bit too much down o power side. I am completely crazy rally fan (waste at least 4 hours on that every day) but you have to pay me lot if you want me to spectate super2000 championship. No thanks. Not interested.
btw. I heard this rumour only in my head ;-P

jparker
17th January 2008, 14:35
Well. this is just a rumour about suzuki (like the heading of the thread is saying). I heard also some rumours that current super 2000 formula was dead already when it was born. Not spectacular, no fun to watch those cars. I am agree with that point. Current super 2000 cars are bit too much down o power side. I am completely crazy rally fan (waste at least 4 hours on that every day) but you have to pay me lot if you want me to spectate super2000 championship. No thanks. Not interested.

If true, then we have dead dead situation. Thanks god your rumor has no value at all, because what we have now as S2000 cars is nowhere near what they are going to be.

PLuto
17th January 2008, 14:48

Have you ever seen S2000 on your eyes with good driver (not only on TV)?

bluuford
17th January 2008, 15:10
Yep I have seen good driver. And it is true. It looks quite good. But the problem is that it looks good only in the hands of good driver. We need a car that looks good in the hands of medium and if possible gentleman driver as well! That is why I tell you. We need turbo and more power:-)

PLuto
17th January 2008, 15:14
Yep I have seen good driver. And it is true. It looks quite good. But the problem is that it looks good only in the hands of good driver. We need a car that looks good in the hands of medium and if possible gentleman driver as well! That is why I tell you. We need turbo and more power:-)

For me it is better to see one or two good drivers in S2000 than 20 medium or genleman drivers in WRC...

Tomi
17th January 2008, 15:28
For me it is better to see one or two good drivers in S2000

Your wait to see that can take a while.

HaCo
17th January 2008, 16:24
I heard other guys telling too that S2000 is not spectacular. Well, at very slow speed situations and when it is very dry and high grip. As soon the road gets a bit slippery it is much better. But then, if you go at high speed situations, the S2000 is awesome to watch. Not nice, not good, no, awesome!!!
I've seen Freddy Loix doing things in his Polo, what I never saw doing anyone in a WRC car, it is increddible.

So, if one tells me S2000 is boring to watch, it's his right of course, but I have a different opinion and I'm sure I'm right cause I've seen it with my own eyes (and heard it!).

EDIT: oh yeah, I prefer WRC over S2000, that for sure. But to see 10 rich ass drivers in a WRC or see 10 talented drivers in an S2000 my choice is very quickly made.

PLuto
17th January 2008, 16:54
I heard other guys telling too that S2000 is not spectacular. Well, at very slow speed situations and when it is very dry and high grip. As soon the road gets a bit slippery it is much better. But then, if you go at high speed situations, the S2000 is awesome to watch. Not nice, not good, no, awesome!!!
I've seen Freddy Loix doing things in his Polo, what I never saw doing anyone in a WRC car, it is increddible.

So, if one tells me S2000 is boring to watch, it's his right of course, but I have a different opinion and I'm sure I'm right cause I've seen it with my own eyes (and heard it!).

EDIT: oh yeah, I prefer WRC over S2000, that for sure. But to see 10 rich ass drivers in a WRC or see 10 talented drivers in an S2000 my choice is very quickly made.

My words...

PLuto
17th January 2008, 16:58

I prefer OLDER WRC over S2000. I must say last "electronic" versions of WRC are very boring also with good drivers...

MikeD
17th January 2008, 19:38

Ahh come on! Freddy Marlboro Loix was one of the worst drivers seen in a good rally car .... ever!

So are you telling us that if you take the IRC drivers and put them into WRC, they will beat the rich asses of Loeb, Hirvonen, P.Solberg, Latvala, Sordo etc.?

Don't take me the wrong way, there are some good drivers in IRC, and there are way to many money drivers in WRC, but the 5 or so best rally drivers in the world are all in WRC and that's why that's still the series to watch.

Tomi
17th January 2008, 19:59

come on tell us was she good looking.

N
17th January 2008, 20:49
hehe, I think you guys are jumping to conclusions to early. Ok, I know, you can't say that their current development is perfect, but it should be interesting to compare to the development and performance of the new Impreza and only time will tell...

Corny
17th January 2008, 20:55

He was driving it very agressive, and took that car to its limit..
It was quit spectaculair indeed, better than the WRCs from nowadays..

COD
17th January 2008, 21:15
If you put all the current top drivers into S2000 machines + a few more from ICR, PWRC or whatever the show would be much better than with curren "railway" WRC's.

And with no WRC-cars to compare to, 99% of spectators would not know the difference.

SubaruNorway
17th January 2008, 21:27
Some rumours several Fabia WRC are coming to Norway, anyone heard anything about that?

DonJippo
17th January 2008, 22:38
If you put all the current top drivers into S2000 machines + a few more from ICR, PWRC or whatever the show would be much better than with curren "railway" WRC's.

Taking of 60% of torgue and 40% of power somehow makes cars more spectacular? Rules for "fast forward" do apply also for S2000, with 4WD car "the show" stays pretty much the same IMHO.

You really want to change something ban 4WD...

Koppomsbo
17th January 2008, 22:59
Some rumours several Fabia WRC are coming to Norway, anyone heard anything about that?

Two fabias, one for Kongsrud and i think Linnerud is trying to get to drive the other one. Perhaps already in Rally Finnskog

Daniel
17th January 2008, 23:08
Taking of 60% of torgue and 40% of power somehow makes cars more spectacular? Rules for "fast forward" do apply also for S2000, with 4WD car "the show" stays pretty much the same IMHO.

You know I was thinking about this today. Screw 4wd. Bring back F2 rules. Limit the use of composites and exotic alloys.

bluuford
18th January 2008, 07:51
Well, I was trying to say that the current S2000 formula in my mind isn't as good as it can be. Yes, old WRC cars were the most spectacular. But I just wanted to say that add some power and turbo to S2000 and I am happy. Of course I am not happy about current WRC series.

As this topic is meant for "News and Rumours" then something inside the topic as well. Today is the press conference about Urmo Aava future and very strong rumours are that he is the third driver in CWRT (doing about 10 events).

Halvis
18th January 2008, 08:42

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Really good one!

AndyRAC
18th January 2008, 09:11
You know I was thinking about this today. Screw 4wd. Bring back F2 rules. Limit the use of composites and exotic alloys.

I sort of agree, I've said before that 4WD has proved it point. How Manufacturers have 4WD road cars? Do Citroen, Ford??
Or how about a equivalency formula; 2L 2wd 300bhp or 4WD 1.6 250 bhp( or something equivalent). Loved those F2 cars, wow!!

MartijnS
18th January 2008, 09:22
Two fabias, one for Kongsrud and i think Linnerud is trying to get to drive the other one. Perhaps already in Rally Finnskog

The ex-Wevers Sport Fabias?

Krigen
18th January 2008, 11:16

Are you sure of this? Where have you heard??

COD
18th January 2008, 11:43

Try and understand, it not 4WD that makes the cars go on rails, it's the active diffs and massive aerodynamic devices mainly and also huge suspension travel. All these are not allowed in S2000. Add the sound of normally aspirated engines and voila, you have a much better show that you do now

jonkka
18th January 2008, 13:40
Add the sound of normally aspirated engines and voila, you have a much better show that you do now

That high-pitched screeeech?

Donney
18th January 2008, 15:09
I like the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hA2nmEwRuE&feature=related

HaCo
18th January 2008, 15:24
LOL, I like it too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q67E7VWo5A :)

Koppomsbo
18th January 2008, 15:28
Are you sure of this? Where have you heard??

A very secure source :D

bennizw
18th January 2008, 15:29
A Skoda is on it's way to Norway in the coming days. Whether it's an Octavia or Fabia isn't know yet, expect to get more news within a few hours. It is Team Itweb and Even Moan based in Hønefoss who has done the purchase, and will use it for the national championship in the country. Another Fabia is also on it's way here too, allthough it's not completely confirmed yet, it should be in the country by the 29th January. The driver of this last car is supposed to be Bernhard Kongsrud.

See their blog here:

http://www.vgb.no/24950

Tom206wrc
18th January 2008, 15:40

And Tord expects to have better results with the Fabia than last year with the 206... ??? :mark:

bennizw
18th January 2008, 15:48
UPDATE! It turned out to be an Octavia that has be bought!

http://www.vgb.no/24950

jonkka
18th January 2008, 16:04
I like the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hA2nmEwRuE&feature=related

Try this for a real rally car sound instead of those down-toned buzzing bees or screeching hysteric women.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hck7MBnFWPM

As a bonus, you'll be able to observe DR in action.

SubaruNorway
18th January 2008, 16:30
Talked to Tord Linneruds former co-driver he confirmed he's coming in a new car but woulden't tell me what, Kongsrud has said himself he's working on driving a Fabia so thats pretty sertain.

Langdale Forest
18th January 2008, 18:12
Ouninpohja not in 2008 Rally Finland.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=119&desc=Ouninpohja%20out%20of%202008%20Rally%20Finlan d

Daniel
18th January 2008, 19:16

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=119&desc=Ouninpohja%20out%20of%202008%20Rally%20Finlan d
I'm sure that's been known for at least a week. Typical WRC being slow and useless.

janneppi
18th January 2008, 19:45
It's been mentioned at least for two weeks in Finnish media.

pantealex
19th January 2008, 11:01
They will probably run parts of it, like "Kakaristo area" (place where is over 10000people watching) That´s the situation at the moment.

Tomi
19th January 2008, 11:05
They will probably run parts of it, like "Kakaristo area" (place where is over 10000people watching) That´s the situation at the moment.

Thats because its easy to bring the sponsors there, big fields around, but 1 of the lousiest part of the stage.

Simmi
19th January 2008, 11:18
Thats because its easy to bring the sponsors there, big fields around, but 1 of the lousiest part of the stage.

There are places like this at every rally. Where the crowds are ten rows deep looking at the back of each others heads when a short walk down the stage will see a quieter and more spectacular viewing spot.

It looks awesome seeing the massive crowd, as long as you aren't daft enough to be in the middle of it.

Langdale Forest
22nd January 2008, 19:15
There will be a prize for longest jump at Colins crest on Rally Sweden.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=139&desc=Swedish%20Rally%20tribute%20to%20Colin%20McRa e

Corny
22nd January 2008, 19:46
a novel tribute to double world champion Colin McRae.

Never knew Colin was a double world champion :p

Simmi
22nd January 2008, 20:47
a novel tribute to double world champion Colin McRae.

Never knew Colin was a double world champion :p

Yet more fundamental factual errors from wrc.com

They can remodel the website all they want but the writing is still a complete joke.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd January 2008, 23:46
hahhahaha

WRCfan
23rd January 2008, 03:31
What morons are writing the stories on that site????

Roy
25th January 2008, 17:59
A rumour says because there is now snow it is possible rally Sweden is skipped. :down: :crazy: :mad: That would be a disaster.

Is that possible? Is there a way out?

Tomi
25th January 2008, 18:18
A rumour says because there is now snow it is possible rally Sweden is skipped. :down: :crazy: :mad: That would be a disaster.

Is that possible? Is there a way out?

yes there is, if everyone of you send a few bottles shaving foam it should do the job.

Langdale Forest
25th January 2008, 18:19
It was almost cancelled in 2005 because of no snow and it was cancelled in 1990.

DonJippo
25th January 2008, 19:08
yes there is, if everyone of you send a few bottles shaving foam it should do the job.

LOL I can send two :rotflmao:

grugsticles
25th January 2008, 20:04
Surely if there isnt any snow in Sweden, teams can just switch to some gravel/mud spec tyres?

Jaanus
25th January 2008, 20:51
Surely if there isnt any snow in Sweden, teams can just switch to some gravel/mud spec tyres?

The roads are too soft and would be completely destroyd. If there are degrees above zero during the rally then the only right thing to do is to cancel the rally. You can blame global warming for that.

Fischer
25th January 2008, 21:27
I hope that was a joke about blaming global warming, because previous year there was more than enough snow in Sweden for the rally to take place.

Roy
25th January 2008, 21:38
I hope that was a joke about blaming global warming, because previous year there was more than enough snow in Sweden for the rally to take place.

Last year was a worse year in (West)Europe. Good for rallies like Sweden and Norway, but worse overall. Because it was to wet and cold in the summer. It was little strange to talk about global warming when there such a weather.
But I think we can say there is a problem on this earth and we can see it in rally. No snow in Monte and less snow in Sweden.

For what it helps... the Biofuel is to late. Offcourse :\

Magnus
26th January 2008, 09:42
There is of course a global warmiong going on, that is not questioned anywhere, and countries like Sweden suffer more from it. The question is why the global warming is taking place.
The snow is not important for the rally, even though the drivers like it, but the roads need to be frozen, or else they will be destroyed, and it will cost a fortune for USR to fix them.

MikeD
26th January 2008, 11:38
News on the driver front.

a.) Manfred Stohl has secured a Ford Focus drive for 5 WRC events. Mexico should be his first of the 5 outings. It's not clear yet if it will be with Stobart, Munchi's or Ramsport.

b.) Henning Solberg will switch between the Stobart and the Munchi's team during the season to help optimise M2 points for those teams.

jacko
26th January 2008, 14:22

a.) Manfred Stohl has secured a Ford Focus drive for 5 WRC events. Mexico should be his first of the 5 outings. It's not clear yet if it will be with Stobart, Munchi's or Ramsport.

b.) Henning Solberg will switch between the Stobart and the Munchi's team during the season to help optimise M2 points for those teams.

a) wrong, so far there's nothing for Manfred, confirmed by himself at the MC rally where he's working for Henning Solberg.

b) yes, he could switch indeed although he's a 2007 car and Villagra a 2006 Ford Focus ( or isn't that a problem? ). But it seems that he would do a few rallies for Munchi's and that some other driver would be nominated for the second Stobart car, i do not think it's Wilson Jr. so hopefully Duval will have this second car in some gravel rounds :)

rwssport
26th January 2008, 14:25
Whats the situation with an M2 team using 2 different models of the same car... say and 06 & 07 Focus?? I know it's a no no with different models - weren't Aava and Rautenbach to be part of an M2 Team this year but can't until Conrad gets his C4??

Brother John
26th January 2008, 17:45
a) wrong, so far there's nothing for Manfred, confirmed by himself at the MC rally where he's working for Henning Solberg.

b) yes, he could switch indeed although he's a 2007 car and Villagra a 2006 Ford Focus ( or isn't that a problem? ). But it seems that he would do a few rallies for Munchi's and that some other driver would be nominated for the second Stobart car, i do not think it's Wilson Jr. so hopefully Duval will have this second car in some gravel rounds :)

Wrong, Henning Solberg wil drive 6 rallys for Munchis-Team!
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/n/d/2008/01/26/vorerst-kein-comeback-von-stohl/index.html

DonJippo
28th January 2008, 00:11
Wrong, Henning Solberg wil drive 6 rallys for Munchis-Team!

So does it mean we will hear this before Henning on stages?

http://sooda.mobileavenue.net/ringtones/tones/433.mp3

:p

Brother John
28th January 2008, 06:02
So does it mean we will hear this before Henning on stages?

http://sooda.mobileavenue.net/ringtones/tones/433.mp3

:p

Correct. ;) . How we let him stop? To buy something. :D

DonJippo
29th January 2008, 21:31
Finnish magazine IS Veikkaaja is reporting that we might see Markko Märtin in some WRC event(s) later this year...NORF maybe...?

MJW
29th January 2008, 21:35
Finnish magazine IS Veikkaaja is reporting that we might see Markko Märtin in some WRC event(s) later this year...NORF maybe...?
Autosport in UK said something similar, DR has made the offer that if ever Markko wanted a WRC drive in a Subaru it would be available, my guess is IF it happens the first event for S14 would be that rally, my guess is Acropolis or more likely NORF. Ball in Markko's court, no pressure.

Mirek
29th January 2008, 21:35
Markko said himself that he didn't want to drive a rally anymore in Bettega's memorial...

leno
29th January 2008, 23:09
i belive he will drive more rallies, testing of new impreza will motivated him

Tom206wrc
30th January 2008, 08:30

Then the hope to see him in an S2000 on IRC or somewhere else definitely comes to an end !! :mark:

Motorsportfun
30th January 2008, 08:51
Here a small video (http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia.php?idtitolo=4770&url=wrc-scoop-mondiale-in-strada-la-subaru-wrc-2008) about the SWRT tests in Sardinia

alleskids
5th February 2008, 21:15
Steven Vergalle, who is sponsering a lot of Belgium rally drivers, and who is the big man who is supporting Francois Duval is selling the Ford Focus WRC05 that Pieter Tsjoen was driving in Monte Carlo a couple of years ago and won the Belgium rally championship with it. Mr Vergalle is searching every were to find the budget for Francois Duval to add more rallies to his 2008 program (MC - D - E). His aim is to have Duval in Rally Jordan, and hopefully in Wales Rally GB.

Viking
11th February 2008, 13:44
According to Norwegian tv Malcolm Wilson made an offer for Andreas Mikkelsen to drive for the Stobart team in Argentina.
I guess it is “only” a money issue. :)

DonJippo
11th February 2008, 15:42
According to Norwegian tv Malcolm Wilson made an offer for Andreas Mikkelsen to drive for the Stobart team in Argentina.

I'm amused how reporters are making these paid-by-driver seats like those are offered by teams to someone, seats are available to all having enough money...just a case who has it.

Daniel
11th February 2008, 15:49
I'm amused how reporters are making these paid-by-driver seats like those are offered by teams to someone, seats are available to all having enough money...just a case who has it.
Don't talk rubbish! I have a works seat in a Peugeot 406 you know!

DonJippo
11th February 2008, 15:52
Don't talk rubbish! I have a works seat in a Peugeot 406 you know!

Like I said...a prime example of being available to all with enough cash... :p :

Daniel
11th February 2008, 15:55
Like I said...a prime example of being available to all with enough cash... :p :
I borrowed the money for the car from my dad too ;)

Brother John
11th February 2008, 15:58
He Don, with which car we will drive in Finland? Please not a C4!!!! :s mokin:

DonJippo
11th February 2008, 16:02
He Don, with which car we will drive in Finland? Please not a C4!!!! :s mokin:

I have heard a rumour about VW Transporter but don't know if that's true ... ;)

Brother John
11th February 2008, 17:15
I have heard a rumour about VW Transporter but don't know if that's true ... ;)
:p : that one smell like cigarettes and i didn't drive sideways. :D

Dilek
12th February 2008, 09:53
Dakar is move to Argentina and Chile for 2009..http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/world_rally/7239355.stm

DonJippo
15th February 2008, 16:20
Aris Vovos will drive one of the Munchi's Fords in Acropolis.

fastboy
15th February 2008, 16:47
Barry Clark has got the funding together for 2 rounds in the Munchis team plus the 1 round for winning the fiesta championship last year.

SubaruNorway
15th February 2008, 17:03
Heard it says in autosport magazine that SWRT are changing dampers from BOS to Reiger for Mexico.

Tomi
15th February 2008, 17:59
AFF and others, dont forget to check out Jouhkis column in the new VM, page 45, interesting reading :)

urabus-denoS2000
15th February 2008, 18:08
Lots of great news from Munchis!!!
Im looking forward to see Vovos in Munchis Focus

dimviii
15th February 2008, 18:35
me too urabus :D

c4
15th February 2008, 18:41
See Rally Ireland has been ranked (by the FIA) 2nd best event of 2007 behind Rally Finland. Not bad for a debut event.
http://www.rallyireland.org/news.aspx?article=211

Tomi
15th February 2008, 18:56
See Rally Ireland has been ranked (by the FIA) 2nd best event of 2007 behind Rally Finland. Not bad for a debut event.
http://www.rallyireland.org/news.aspx?article=211

Congratz to the Irish, well done. Does anyone know where the full list is?

A.F.F.
15th February 2008, 20:56
AFF and others, dont forget to check out Jouhkis column in the new VM, page 45, interesting reading :)

Cotcha. Cheers Tomi.

Tomi
15th February 2008, 21:01
Cotcha. Cheers Tomi.
;)

Woodeye
15th February 2008, 21:05
;)

You mind sharing what Jouhki said? I don't have the newest VM and I'm too poor to buy one.. :D

Woodeye
15th February 2008, 21:08
Aris Vovos will drive one of the Munchi's Fords in Acropolis.

Even though this might be little nasty, N.O.T, do you think Vovos will look like a fresh puppy or like a hm... sick dog like you prefer to say?

Tomi
15th February 2008, 21:26
You mind sharing what Jouhki said? I don't have the newest VM and I'm too poor to buy one.. :D

it was about his opinions what route drivers who want reach the top of the sport should take, im too lazy to translate, but you can go to the library to read it :)

GruppoB
15th February 2008, 21:35
derek ringer to codrive for pastrana?

DonJippo
15th February 2008, 21:43
derek ringer to codrive for pastrana?

Really why? Where did you hear this?

N.O.T
15th February 2008, 21:50
Even though this might be little nasty, N.O.T, do you think Vovos will look like a fresh puppy or like a hm... sick dog like you prefer to say?

Well Vovos never considered to be something special by people who don't have the natinalistic hat on.... he has nothing to offer to the sport at this level he is just a rich guy having fun, i don't mind if people like him exist for 1-2 rallies as he does.....people who consistently want to ridilucule themselves are the ones i don't like and especially the ones who try to persuade thet they have something to deliver....

To be honest i wouldn't like to see vovos take an official M2 team car because that would be a waste of seat. I think if he manages to ahead of the group N guys it will be good.

Bare also in mind that recently he recovered from an accident that almost took his life away so we have to wait and see if that affected him also.

COD
15th February 2008, 22:02
Well Vovos never considered to be something special by people who don't have the natinalistic hat on.... he has nothing to offer to the sport at this level he is just a rich guy having fun, i don't mind if people like him exist for 1-2 rallies as he does.....people who consistently want to ridilucule themselves are the ones i don't like and especially the ones who try to persuade thet they have something to deliver....

To be honest i wouldn't like to see vovos take an official M2 team car because that would be a waste of seat. I think if he manages to ahead of the group N guys it will be good.

Bare also in mind that recently he recovered from an accident that almost took his life away so we have to wait and see if that affected him also.
So he has the money, but he is good at his level. Not many drivers doing a few WRC events/ year can make it to the points. There are many who do all of them (like Wilson and reutenbach) that can hardlyly get same points than he does. He is the best Greece has offered for WRC for a lng time so whats your problem

N.O.T
15th February 2008, 23:30
I think if munchis has a 2 cars for the acropolis it would be a waste to give one to vovos if it has 3 then its ok.....

As for the points, with the current situation even rautenbach can score some....is that the point ???

atsiotras79
16th February 2008, 02:06
He is the best Greece has offered for WRC for a long time so whats your problem

+1. Nobody said that Vovos will set the time clocks on fire!
He is the top Greek driver, like it or not though!
IFs cannot be considered!
And instead of the 2nd Munchi's seat be empty or Perez Companc in it, I prefer Vovos in it! And I am sure it will be better than Al Quassimi and Rautenbach!

p.s: Everybody would prefer Kopecky, Duval, Hanninen, Salo etc in that seat!!!!!!!!!!

L5->R5/CR
16th February 2008, 02:37
Really why? Where did you hear this?

Travis's American co-driver is stepping down from rallying to focus on personal life issues.

There is a PR floating around announcing it and Ringer is entered with Travis on the entry list for the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood next weekend...

Rally Hokkaido
16th February 2008, 03:48
Congratz to the Irish, well done. Does anyone know where the full list is?
I don't think it is made public by FIA, just sent to WRC organisers.

DonJippo
16th February 2008, 08:44
Travis's American co-driver is stepping down from rallying to focus on personal life issues.

There is a PR floating around announcing it and Ringer is entered with Travis on the entry list for the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood next weekend...

Well this PR is not floating to my way ;) Thanks for the update, hopefully these personal life issues are not anything to be worried about.

DonJippo
16th February 2008, 08:46
I don't think it is made public by FIA, just sent to WRC organisers.

Pity, would be nice to see the bottom of the list...bet there are some surprises there...

A.F.F.
16th February 2008, 09:48
p.s: Everybody would prefer Kopecky, Duval, Hanninen, Salo etc in that seat!!!!!!!!!!

Salo would be awesome. Too bad he isn't even planning to step on an international scene of rallying (as far as I know) :mark:

Rally Hokkaido
16th February 2008, 12:55
In the last few issues of Best Car - a magazine sold here that specialises in scoops of new models there have been articles about two new models.
The first is an Impreza (Sti version) with a non-turbo 2-litre engine producing about 200ps in current 5-door bodyshape. It will debut at Geneva Motor Show this year.
The second is an unnamed Toyota 3-door coupe that will go on sale September next year. In the first collaboration between the two companies, it will use the same engine and drivetrain (i.e 4WD) as the Subaru model! The magazine speculates that it will form the basis of Toyota's return to WRC.

This raises a technical question for me. If either of the above cars were to be built as S2000, how would the Sadev or other spec. gearboxes be used, as both cars use a longitudinal engine/trans arrangement not the normal east-west of other front-wheel drive cars?

urabus-denoS2000
16th February 2008, 14:16
In the last few issues of Best Car - a magazine sold here that specialises in scoops of new models there have been articles about two new models.
The first is an Impreza (Sti version) with a non-turbo 2-litre engine producing about 200ps in current 5-door bodyshape. It will debut at Geneva Motor Show this year.
The second is an unnamed Toyota 3-door coupe that will go on sale September next year. In the first collaboration between the two companies, it will use the same engine and drivetrain (i.e 4WD) as the Subaru model! The magazine speculates that it will form the basis of Toyota's return to WRC.

This raises a technical question for me. If either of the above cars were to be built as S2000, how would the Sadev or other spec. gearboxes be used, as both cars use a longitudinal engine/trans arrangement not the normal east-west of other front-wheel drive cars?

True but with some wrong infos
1)It is not an unnamed model,it is a new Celica GT4
2)It is developed in cooperation with Subaru,but it has a 2 liter TURBO engine with about 300 BHP with 4WD
3)Why would they make an S2000 version of it when they already have 2 cars,the Corolla and the Auris in S2000 versions.
It would be great for N4...

RallyCat909
16th February 2008, 15:37

Id like to hear more about this as I will be at that rally. Seems quite far fetched though.

L5->R5/CR
16th February 2008, 16:23
Well this PR is not floating to my way ;) Thanks for the update, hopefully these personal life issues are not anything to be worried about.

I would have sworn there was an official announcement PR but I can't remember where I saw it at the moment.

So instead...
Christians announcement that he will be stepping away from the team: http://specialstage.com/forums/showpost.php?p=245272&postcount=4

Travis and Derek on the Entry list for the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood:
http://www.rally-america.com/event.100AW.2008.php?section=entry_list

The team brought in Derek Duancey in 2006 to help manage the team. They also brought in Jakke Hokannen (sp, Garde's former navie) in 2006 when Christian wasn't available to co-drive at a rally that was added to the schedule late. Bringing in various people with former WRC experience when it is deemed necessary is part for the course.

GruppoB
17th February 2008, 06:36
The team brought in Derek Duancey in 2006 to help manage the team. They also brought in Jakke Hokannen (sp, Garde's former navie) in 2006 when Christian wasn't available to co-drive at a rally that was added to the schedule late. Bringing in various people with former WRC experience when it is deemed necessary is part for the course.

During recce I asked Jakke if had any advice for a first time codriver.

gave me some great advice followed by "DONT BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF"

I also applied for the job of Pastrana's next nav knowing full well I'd be declined but what they hey it worth a shot =)

Brother John
18th February 2008, 09:27
As from this year in IRC a separate cup is set up for two-wheel-operated cars.
2WD the cup supports private - and factory teams.
Irc-organisator euro sport Events have remained not deaf for the question of a lot drivers with two-wheel-operated a car to a separate competition.
The answer is 2WD the cup.
Of 10 the rally's which can be charged, the bests 7 results are held back.

source: PITSTOP.TV

Mirek
18th February 2008, 09:46
Here You have it from the official IRC site ;)
http://www.ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=744

PLuto
18th February 2008, 13:13
And here you have it in article, which was written three months ago (but only in czech language):

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=5542

Helstar
19th February 2008, 04:41
Aava + Rautenbach fusion ?
Don't know what they mean naming a 'fusion' though :p both are going to use a C4 in the next rallies, maybe they want to create a proper manu team able to score points ?

source: http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia.php?idtitolo=4809

Bjorn240
19th February 2008, 16:49
No, no, just need to focus more on my career. If I were 25, it might be different, but at 31, I am too old to bet on being a professional co-driver. Especially living in America.

I have truly enjoyed my time in the sport though. Even though rallying isn't what it used to be, it is still the greatest motorsport in the world. I will carry many happy memories (and a few heart-stopping moments) with me forever.

You'll probably find me co-driving a Volvo Original Cup car sometime in Sweden in the near future. I figure that's about how fast I can read notes in Swedish any more. :)

Tomi
19th February 2008, 16:57
You'll probably find me co-driving a Volvo Original Cup car sometime in Sweden in the near future. I figure that's about how fast I can read notes in Swedish any more. :)

Grattis, good move :)

L5->R5/CR
19th February 2008, 17:15
No, no, just need to focus more on my career. If I were 25, it might be different, but at 31, I am too old to bet on being a professional co-driver. Especially living in America.

I have truly enjoyed my time in the sport though. Even though rallying isn't what it used to be, it is still the greatest motorsport in the world. I will carry many happy memories (and a few heart-stopping moments) with me forever.

My apologies for not making that more accurately conveyed here Christian. Irregardless, the lack of Christian "Grizzly Adams" Edstrom will be felt at nationals for some time.

L5->R5/CR
19th February 2008, 21:27
By the way, here is the "PR":
http://www.specialstage.com/?p=291

Former WRC Champion Derek Ringer to Sit as Co-Driver for Travis Pastrana

Subaru Rally Team USA driver Travis Pastrana will team up with veteran co-driver and former World Rally Champion Derek Ringer to contest this weekend’s 100 Acre Wood Rally, Round 2 of the 2008 Rally America National Championship. The switch comes after Christian Edstrom, Pastrana’s long time co-driver, had recently announced a sabbatical from rallying to focus on his career and family.

Ringer, a professional co-driver since 1988 is best known for his success co-driving for World Rally Championship (WRC) legend Colin McRae in the early nineties. The duo won the 1995 World Rally Championship together with the Subaru World Rally Team. Ringer’s other major successes include winning the 1993 FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship and British Rally Championship in ‘91, ‘92 and ‘98. Ringer now resides with his wife and son in Catalunya, Spain, where he has been involved in organizing rallies.

“I am looking forward expectantly to coming to the USA for this event with Travis and Subaru Rally Team USA. I met the team at the 2007 Wales Rally GB [Great Britain] and was very impressed with the spirit within the team,” said Ringer. “Travis is obviously an extremely talented competitor, and if after this initial event we decide to do more together, then I hope I can help him to reach his full potential. The impression I have is that the Rally America National Championship is moving forward in a very progressive manner and thus I am interested to experience this. It looks like it could be a lot of serious fun!”

The 24 year-old Pastrana is looking forward to partnering with the veteran Ringer. “It should be very interesting to sit with Derek; from what I know of him he is very professional and has huge amounts of experience. It’s an amazing opportunity for me,” explained Pastrana.

Christian Edstrom, Pastrana’s outgoing co-driver, has worked together with the reigning two-time Rally America National Champion since the very beginning of Pastrana’s career. The pair have dominated rallying in the USA over the past two seasons with their BFGoodrich Tires-shod Subaru Impreza WRX STI, winning the series championship in 2006 and 2007. Edstrom has decided to take a break from the hectic travel demands of rallying in order to focus on his career and family life.

“Partnering Travis has been fantastic. To go from our first rally together in a PGT [Production GT] car to placing 5th in the PWRC [Production World Rally Championship] round in Mexico has been a dream come true for me. I will always be grateful to Travis, Subaru of America and Vermont SportsCar for the opportunity,” said Edstrom. “Though I’m sad to be leaving the co-driving seat, I’ve gotten to a point where I really need to focus on my career, and I felt that splitting my time between co-driving at this level and a professional career would have compromised my performance in both. I think Travis has found a great partner in Derek Ringer and I wish both of them, and the entire team the best of luck. The team is world-class, so I’m sure Derek will fit in from the very first moment.” Subaru Rally Team USA is proudly supported by Subaru of America, Inc., Subaru Tecnica International (STI), Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT), DC Shoes, BFGoodrich Tires, Boost Mobile, RECARO, Motul, PIAA, Exedy, Greddy, Alpinestars and Vermont SportsCar.

For Subaru Rally Team USA team news and exclusive photo galleries please visit http://www.subaru.com/rally

Motorsportfun
19th February 2008, 23:11
Aava + Rautenbach fusion ?
Don't know what they mean naming a 'fusion' though :p both are going to use a C4 in the next rallies, maybe they want to create a proper manu team able to score points ?

source: http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia.php?idtitolo=4809

I mean a merger between Rautenbach and Aava's programmes in order to create an M2-Team to register before the middle of march ;) :D

N.O.T
20th February 2008, 00:08
If they allow Rautenbach to use a C4 i don't think that citroen can keep up building these things....and its a pity for aava to use a xsara.

alleskids
20th February 2008, 16:22
I mean a merger between Rautenbach and Aava's programmes in order to create an M2-Team to register before the middle of march ;) :D

A MT2 team has to do 10 rallies with 2 cars. Aava has only left 9 rounds of his 10 rounds program. so to score points as MT2, they have to find an extra round, or a 3rd driver.

bluuford
20th February 2008, 22:45
Last year there was OMV Kronos Citroen WRT. Stohl did all events and Carlsson did 3+1 events(the last one didn't count for him but probably did count for the team. And Duval did 3 events for OMV Kronos. So that is 7 events. But I think that if one driver does more than ten events, then those additional events count as a second driver events?

If I assume correctly, then we can say that if Rautenbach does all the events, then Aava does not need to do all ten events for the team? 9 for Aava and 11 for Conrad?

But I read the story where Citroen was a little bit angry at Rautenbach, because the info about his 2008 drive leaked to the Eurosport and as a protest they decided to forget their intentions to compete with two teams.

DonJippo
20th February 2008, 23:32
But I read the story where Citroen was a little bit angry at Rautenbach, because the info about his 2008 drive leaked to the Eurosport and as a protest they decided to forget their intentions to compete with two teams.

Sounds a bit of an excuse to me...

Buzz Lightyear
21st February 2008, 01:07

I think if Conrad keeps paying for all the scrappers, Citroen will be happy enough. He is keeping their men busy, and making Citroen Sport loads of lolly.

ste898
21st February 2008, 07:47
Instead of wasting C4's on Rautenbach, why dont they sell 1 to a driver in Ireland in 2008..

Gard
21st February 2008, 07:49
Instead of wasting C4's on Rautenbach, why dont they sell 1 to a driver in Ireland in 2008..

You will probably have to sell Ireland, to get the that kind of money ;)

Viking
21st February 2008, 08:37
[quote="bluuford"]
If I assume correctly, then we can say that if Rautenbach does all the events, then Aava does not need to do all ten events for the team? 9 for Aava and 11 for Conrad?

QUOTE]

Rules:
"e) A Manufacturer Team must inform the FIA of the names of the driver/s nominated for the purpose of scoring points no later than 5 weeks prior to the start of the Rally concerned.
f) A Manufacturer Team undertakes to take part in a minimum of 10 Championship rallies, which it has nominated with two (2) cars."

Last date for entry Manufacturer Team 2008 is Monday 31/3 17:00,
in that case they have to run the last 10 rallys in the calendar with 2 cars.

bluuford
21st February 2008, 08:40
Rules:
"e) A Manufacturer Team must inform the FIA of the names of the driver/s nominated for the purpose of scoring points no later than 5 weeks prior to the start of the Rally concerned.
f) A Manufacturer Team undertakes to take part in a minimum of 10 Championship rallies, which it has nominated with two (2) cars."

in that case they have to run the last 10 rallys in the calendar with 2 cars.[/QUOTE]

I still dont understand how it was possible for OMV to compete as a M2Team. Last year there was the same rule.

Daniel
21st February 2008, 08:42

QUOTE]

Rules:

in that case they have to run the last 10 rallys in the calendar with 2 cars.

How many C4 shells do Citroen have prepared? :laugh:

Viking
21st February 2008, 09:02
I still dont understand how it was possible for OMV to compete as a M2Team. Last year there was the same rule.

Me neither :confused: maybe F1A ment that their own exclusion of Carlson was force majeure for Kronos?

"2.4 Any registered Manufacturer or Manufacturer Team entered in the Championship that does not take part in a Championship event it has
nominated will be fined the sum of 225,000 € per event missed and will no longer be included in the classification of the Championship
A case of force majeure may be considered by the World Motor Sport Council."

Xsara Fan
21st February 2008, 09:15
How many C4 shells do Citroen have prepared? :laugh:

For the moment - 14 :)

Jaanus
21st February 2008, 09:52
FIA considered excluding Carlsson as force majeure because he could not enter any more rallys, as they had banned him for the rest of the season.
That is the reason OMV was not fined, but any team who wants to run for Manu points this year must enter 10 events with 2 cars unless force majeure happens again.

DonJippo
21st February 2008, 10:09

FIA and Kronos negotiated an agreement which allowed Kronos to continue as Manufacturer Team last year, if I remember it correctly Kronos had to pay entry fees for both cars even though there was only one participating plus there might have been something else in the agreement that I can't remember right now. And like Jaanus wrote it was considered as force majoure by FIA.

PLuto
21st February 2008, 13:36
Federico Villagra was driving ex-factory Fiat! More HERE (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=24&p=1866#p1866) :D

Motorsportfun
21st February 2008, 21:01

I think so. About Aava's 9 remaining events, it seems the estonian's going to a 11-events season with some "helps"... we'll see! :D

alleskids
21st February 2008, 21:32
Sordo got the same kind of help when in 2006. Citroen Sport found a way to prepare the car for less money, so Sordo could do more rallies with his budget. Aava will get the same treatment, because Citroen Sport sees a future champion in him, like Ford picked up Latvalla, and managed to squeeze more rallies out of his tight budget :) .

Lalo
22nd February 2008, 04:20
Federico Villagra was driving ex-factory Fiat! More HERE (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=24&p=1866#p1866) :D

Lol! He would still be champion here against Lancers and Imprezas with that thing!

Finni
22nd February 2008, 13:19
Sordo got the same kind of help when in 2006. Citroen Sport found a way to prepare the car for less money, so Sordo could do more rallies with his budget. Aava will get the same treatment, because Citroen Sport sees a future champion in him, like Ford picked up Latvalla, and managed to squeeze more rallies out of his tight budget :) .

Ava scarcely is potential future champion. He was good but not special in jwrc. Last year his times were nowhere near to Hänninen with Mitsu wrc.

HaCo
23rd February 2008, 18:13
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/02/52428214_5a3e556744.jpg
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/23/geneva-08-preview-mitsubishi-prototype-s-unmasked/

Shrike
23rd February 2008, 18:52
That thing is uglier than the new subaru. I like it.

N
23rd February 2008, 19:15
What are they thinking, I would never want such a car, I would get a sedan version of the Lancer, but not this thing.

Mirek
23rd February 2008, 19:57
This one looks pretty ugly. And what's more it doesn't look shorter than Evo (Evo X is much shorter than standard Lancer sedan)...

leno
23rd February 2008, 22:05
impreza is miss comparing with this lancer

Donney
24th February 2008, 10:20
I like that Mitsu.

Roy
24th February 2008, 10:50
It look like we have a new whale.... I say not 307, I say whale. Look at the front. I like that. But that is the only thing what I like of the car.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/mitsubishi-lancer-sportback-concept/659337/

Ghostwalker
24th February 2008, 15:22
It look like we have a new whale.... I say not 307, I say whale. Look at the front. I like that. But that is the only thing what I like of the car.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/mitsubishi-lancer-sportback-concept/659337/

IMO the front is an Audi rip-off. they just changedthe shape sligthly

compare the Mits front with this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/05-07_Audi_A4.jpg/800px-05-07_Audi_A4.jpg

Mirek
24th February 2008, 15:35
And compare to this one...
http://www.mitsubishiclub.cz/graphics/gallery/full/231_vr4.jpg

Daniel
24th February 2008, 15:55

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/05-07_Audi_A4.jpg/800px-05-07_Audi_A4.jpg

Just because it has a chrome surround for the grille it's an audi ripoff? :erm:

That's like saying the Audi is a ripoff of the 406 because it has 2 headlights.

Lalo
24th February 2008, 18:34
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/02/52428214_5a3e556744.jpg
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/23/geneva-08-preview-mitsubishi-prototype-s-unmasked/

Wasn't it suppoused to be a sedane? What the hell is that??

All WRCars are turning into that shape. Does it brings any type of advantage on the driving of is it just because the new factory cars tendance is that one?

Creepy...

Daniel
24th February 2008, 18:54
What the hell is that??

That's what's called a "hatchback"

A.F.F.
24th February 2008, 19:55
It looks like two different cars compined. Imagine that coming closer to your rear mirrow and when you let it pass by.... disappointed !!!

Zico
24th February 2008, 21:08
I think the new Evo saloon looks quite good but that? It looks like a cut'n'shut of 2 different models. Why bother to bring this version of the Evo out while their oponent Subaru wont give us a saloon version of the new Impreza? Both of them have lost the plot !

And do that have any intentions on rallying it?

pantealex
24th February 2008, 21:12
Wasn't it suppoused to be a sedane? What the hell is that??

All WRCars are turning into that shape. Does it brings any type of advantage on the driving of is it just because the new factory cars tendance is that one?

Creepy...
There is 2 types of new lancer: 4door sedan and 5door hatchback, subaru also have 4door sedan type of new impreza, but they do not bring it to europe. Evo X RS is 4door sedan, but GRS version could be 5door hatchback! RS-version will have "homologation" in april and GRS in end of december. So in this year we will see only 4door models in rallyroads.

Mirek
24th February 2008, 21:15
pantealex: I would say those are practicaly three cars. Standard 4 door sedan is longer (more than 4,6m) than Evo X sedan (about 4,5m, almost the same as Evo 9) ;)

Daniel
24th February 2008, 21:30
I think the new Evo saloon looks quite good but that? It looks like a cut'n'shut of 2 different models. Why bother to bring this version of the Evo out while their oponent Subaru wont give us a saloon version of the new Impreza? Both of them have lost the plot !

And do that have any intentions on rallying it?
AFAIK they do a saloon Impreza Turbo (WRX) or whatever it's all called but it won't be sold here in the UK at least there are no plans to sell it here at present.

urabus-denoS2000
24th February 2008, 21:31
So they will homologate technicaly the same 2 versions in group N????

Daniel
24th February 2008, 21:32
]pantealex: I would say those are practicaly three cars. Standard 4 door sedan is longer (more than 4,6m) than Evo X sedan (about 4,5m, almost the same as Evo 9) ;)
The Evo hasn't always been built on the standard Lancer bodyshell. For instance in Australia I don't think there has ever been a non-evo Lancer that shares it's bodyshape (minus spoilers, bumpers, arches and so on) with the Evo.

Edit: I take that back. Looks like the current Lancer in Australia uses the same exterior panels (minus arches, spoilers, scoops and such) as the Evo X :) The difference in length could be down to bumpers couldn't it? :)

Lalo
24th February 2008, 23:13
Any news on the new Impreza? Has it been confirmed a debut date in the SWRT?

urabus-denoS2000
25th February 2008, 13:52
That Lancer Evo will have a 2-liter turbo engine with 240 BHP

Roy
25th February 2008, 20:06

You are right. This looks very the same. It is new trend in car making(?)
I am not technical, not at all. Is this front only for show, or can they have advantage in speed with
that?

Daniel
25th February 2008, 20:07
You are right. This looks very the same. It is new trend in car making(?)
That and having 4 wheels. I hear that's a fashion in car manufacturing....

Roy
25th February 2008, 20:10
That and having 4 wheels. I hear that's a fashion in car manufacturing....

Ohh.. I have only a bicycle. How do I know? :)

Daniel
25th February 2008, 21:22
Just saying :) A lot of stuff in cars is the same. Doesn't mean they've made a deliberate effort to copy :)

Tomi
25th February 2008, 21:37

Is the fift black one from the left at Amsterdam Central Station yours?

Roy
25th February 2008, 22:05
Is the fift black one from the left at Amsterdam Central Station yours?

You stole mine isn't it?

Brother John
28th February 2008, 15:31
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/n/d/2008/02/28/fiat-liebaeugelt-mit-wm-einstieg/index.html

Translate it your self you Lazy rally freaks :rolleyes: with, http://babelfish.altavista.com/ :D

DonJippo
28th February 2008, 17:21
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/n/d/2008/02/28/fiat-liebaeugelt-mit-wm-einstieg/index.html

If that all will come true then it's really good but I doubt the numbers will be that straight forward...well let's see and hope the best.

OldF
29th February 2008, 09:22
If that all will come true then it's really good but I doubt the numbers will be that straight forward...well let's see and hope the best.

But at least I think the figures are more accurate compare to those that are estimated by FIA.

Tom206wrc
29th February 2008, 12:23
What about Manfred Stohl ??? :confused:

I thought he should have a drive in a Focus WRC in Argentina... :mark:

Roy
29th February 2008, 12:25
What about Manfred Stohl ??? :confused:

I thought he should have a drive in a Focus WRC in Argentina... :mark:

Stohl has no money. NO money. he can't pay. No Nothing. Clear?

consti
29th February 2008, 12:49
biggest problem is that omv dropped it's support

Roy
29th February 2008, 12:52
And Red Bull don't support 'flying' old man.

dumb
2nd March 2008, 09:57
Lithuanian driver Deividas Jocius bought Citroen Xsara WRC.This season he will compete in few rounds.
http://www.autorally.lt/news.php?extend.364

Tom206wrc
2nd March 2008, 10:18
Lithuanian driver Deividas Jocius bought Citroen Xsara WRC.This season he will compete in few rounds.
http://www.autorally.lt/news.php?extend.364

Interesting :)

alleskids
2nd March 2008, 10:42
It's on old Kronos car? Because of the blue. Luckely he did not buy a third hand Xsara WRC, hardly used, only some minor damage, from an African driver :) .

DonJippo
2nd March 2008, 11:08
Luckely he did not buy a third hand Xsara WRC, hardly used, only some minor damage, from an African driver :) .

LOL :p

Now who could that be? ;)

urabus-denoS2000
2nd March 2008, 11:13
LOL :p

Now who could that be? ;)

Yes,who could that be....
maybe someone who got RAUTENBACHED a lot...
I dont have a clue..... ;) ;) ;)

dumb
2nd March 2008, 11:17
It's on old Kronos car? Because of the blue. Luckely he did not buy a third hand Xsara WRC, hardly used, only some minor damage, from an African driver :) .

Yes yes.It is an old KRONOS car.Loeb used this car in 2006 season.

Xsara Fan
2nd March 2008, 11:38
It`s ex-David Garcia & Claudio Alvarez car. Chassis number T432.
http://rallycarsforsale.net/clas/index.php?ct=fsrca&md=details&id=27659

Built as Xsara WRC in 27.02.2004.
In 2005 reregistered as 583 DEX 78.
In 2006 reregistered as 831 DPT 78.
In 2007 sold to 'Red Citroen Las Palmas', reregistered as S 4351 BBP.

History:

Rally Finland / Loeb-Elena / 4 position
Rally Catalunya / Loeb-Elena / Retired (oil sump)

Rally New Zealand / Loeb-Elena / 1 position
Rally Acropolis / Loeb-Elena / 1 position
Rally de France - Tour de Corse / Loeb-Elena / 1 position
Rally Catalunya / Loeb-Elena / 1 position

Rally Monte Carlo / Loeb-Elena / 2 position
Swedish Rally / Loeb-Elena / 2 position
Rally d'Italia Sardegna / Loeb-Elena / 1 position
Rally Acropolis / Loeb-Elena / 2 position
Rally Japan / Loeb-Elena / 1 position
Telstra Rally Australia / Pons-del Barrio / 4 position
Propecia Rally New Zealand / Pons-del Barrio / 4 position

Rally Ciudad de Telde / Garcia-Guerra / 2 position
Subida a Moya / Alvarez / Retired, accident (heavy 'rautenbached'!!!) ;)

dumb
2nd March 2008, 12:14
Thanks for the info.

Xsara Fan
2nd March 2008, 12:32
Thanks for the info.

You welcome! Could you tell me, where and when will this Xsara WRC start this year?

dumb
2nd March 2008, 14:16
Now I can't.He said that he will compete in few WRC rallies.This month will be official presentation and car will be in Lithuania,but there is some info that Xsara will be keeping near Paris so I think Deividas won't start in Lithuania with Citroen and there is one fact that he has two EVO9 :) When I know about his chosen events I will write here.

Xsara Fan
2nd March 2008, 19:07
Now I can't.He said that he will compete in few WRC rallies.This month will be official presentation and car will be in Lithuania,but there is some info that Xsara will be keeping near Paris so I think Deividas won't start in Lithuania with Citroen and there is one fact that he has two EVO9 :) When I know about his chosen events I will write here.

Thanks!

dumb
7th March 2008, 14:47
Deividas Jocius said in interview that his budget is not very big for now.He has money to start in two rallies this season.He said that his starts will be at the middle of WRC championship.One gravel event and another rally in Corsica.As I know,Deividas is not very good on tarmac.He doesn't like black road :)

DonJippo
7th March 2008, 15:09
Deividas Jocius said in interview that his budget is not very big for now.He has money to start in two rallies this season.He said that his starts will be at the middle of WRC championship.One gravel event and another rally in Corsica.As I know,Deividas is not very good on tarmac.He doesn't like black road :)

he bought a Xsara WRC but don't have budget to run it in more than two events. Why he bought it then? Imho it should have been better to buy a cheaper car and run more events.

consti
7th March 2008, 15:18
he bought a Xsara WRC but don't have budget to run it in more than two events. Why he bought it then? Imho it should have been better to buy a cheaper car and run more events.
wouldn't it also have been cheaper to rent a car?
i don't see a reason in buying a car and then having a too little budget to actually go and use it...

dumb
7th March 2008, 17:13
I don't know.This was an interview with him.I translated most interesting info.Maybe in next season he will run more events.I think we must to wait official presentation in this or next month and we will see who is who.

Brother John
8th April 2008, 11:55
Bettega step´s in JWRC with the Renault Clio R3. He will be already take part in rally Jordanien with the new car from TRT.

Helstar
8th April 2008, 15:13
Bettega step´s in JWRC with the Renault Clio R3. He will be already take part in rally Jordanien with the new car from TRT.
There is an interview (in italian) on racingworld.it and it describes very well the situation in WRC right now... either you bring a lot of $$$ or nobody listen you.

http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia.php?idtitolo=4899&url=jwrc-alessandro-bettega-si-e-iscritto-al-mondiale-junior

N.O.T
8th April 2008, 15:56
and in the case of bettega you need A LOT for a team to sacrifice a car like that....

dumb
8th April 2008, 17:16

Nice.Another strong driver in JWRC.But ofcourse it is a little bit pitty.Without money in WRC.You are practical...nothing.Sad.

GigiGalliNo1
9th April 2008, 04:27
Okay, here's a question as Jordan just announce a 40km stage (final one of the event along a river)..

And the whole Jordanian rally is 350m below sea level, does that mean the cars will have more power? :p

haha as when the cars go up into high altitude, correct me if I am wrong, they begin or loose power overall!? So though it might be a silly question I'm still wanting to ask it!!

tmx
9th April 2008, 04:52
Maybe, I don't know the technical stuff. But with a 3minute google job, I wiki'ed the Dead Sea and due to being low, has high barometric/atmosphere pressure, so there will be plenty of oxygen. If you bring a bottle water containing air at high altitude like 2000m, to a place like the DeadSea, the air pressure will crush that bottle having low pressure inside. I think this is pretty interesting how it'll influence the car performance if anyone else care to explain for us.

I don't want to bring in any politic, or maybe a bit ignorant of Jordan, but I can't help but feel a bit worried since this rally being a big event, is taken in a nation that is surrounded by other nations that are current at war/has terrorism activity.

GigiGalliNo1
9th April 2008, 08:34
Nah should be fine

Mirek
9th April 2008, 16:27
More atmospheric pressure is reasonably good for the engine but there are also cons in Jordan as probably very low air humidity which lower the enigine output.

SubaruNorway
9th April 2008, 22:16
Rumours from finish YLE tv that Märtin is doing Finland?

wwbroe
9th April 2008, 22:28
That would be great news, hope they are right and we will see Markko in Finland this year. :D

Tomi
9th April 2008, 23:33
He wont drive in Finland.

wwbroe
10th April 2008, 07:08
He wont drive in Finland.

Tomi, you seem to be very sure about him not competing in Finland, do you have any more information ? Will he maybe competing in other rally? Tnx

Tomi
10th April 2008, 07:27
Tomi, you seem to be very sure about him not competing in Finland, do you have any more information ? Will he maybe competing in other rally? Tnx

Not more information, but he has not been driving for some years now and our rally is not exactly the place where to start after a big accident. Subaru will have 2 cars in the entry so they need no info about the car either.

sindroms
10th April 2008, 14:19
So, could anybody ;) to translate it?

http://www.rally.ee/?a=a009&b=6397

Jaanus
10th April 2008, 15:29
So, could anybody ;) to translate it?

http://www.rally.ee/?a=a009&b=6397

Markko's manager Paul Turner confirms that Markko will not drive in any wrc event.

SubaruNorway
10th April 2008, 16:29
Not more information, but he has not been driving for some years now and our rally is not exactly the place where to start after a big accident. Subaru will have 2 cars in the entry so they need no info about the car either.

He drove in Portugal and Cork 20 in Ireland and the show in Italy last autum though(don't remember the name)

Tomi
10th April 2008, 16:30
He drove in Portugal and Cork 20 in Ireland and the show in Italy last autum though(don't remember the name)

so what about that?

wwbroe
10th April 2008, 16:46

I think it was the memorial Bettega ;)

cali
10th April 2008, 16:52
It's not about Finland, it's just a case where stubborn Märtin doesn't want to drive any WRC events. Rumours say that SWRT is interested of Märtin's drive, but seems that Markko isn't willing to do so. I'm sorry, but nothing to do with Finland this time. Nice patriotism though :s mash:

Tomi
10th April 2008, 16:58
It's not about Finland, it's just a case where stubborn Märtin doesn't want to drive any WRC events. Rumours say that SWRT is interested of Märtin's drive, but seems that Markko isn't willing to do so. I'm sorry, but nothing to do with Finland this time. Nice patriotism though :s mash:

It has nothing to do with patriotism, I think he does good not to come, anyway he would be badly beaten.

SubaruNorway
10th April 2008, 18:09
so what about that?

You just made it sound like he hasen't driven since the accident

L5->R5/CR
10th April 2008, 18:14
It has nothing to do with patriotism, I think he does good not to come, anyway he would be badly beaten.

Badly beaten by whom?

Badly beaten by Mikko, JML, Sebastien, and possibly the Subaru regulars? Probably...

But badly beaten by Henning, or Gigi, or Ava, or Rautenbach, or Mattie Wilson or Dani? I doubt it.

I'd give Markko a 50/50 chance at scoring drivers points if he were to really want to do Finland. He'd be 5-15 minutes off the winner's time, but that is still good enough to beat most of the gentlemen and pay drivers...

Lets not forget that Markko has been doing plenty of driving if not entering events, nor the fact that he was able to win the event, against Bosse, against Petter (when Petter was a true threat), and against Loeb. If he wanted to, he could do well enough, so the question is his desire, not ability...

Tomi
10th April 2008, 18:16
You just made it sound like he hasen't driven since the accident

On top level he has not, all past drivers now and then get payed to drive in small events, its just a publicity stunts nothing else, same like Grönhoolm drives the 0 car in Portugal.

Tomi
10th April 2008, 18:22
Badly beaten by whom?

Badly beaten by Mikko, JML, Sebastien, and possibly the Subaru regulars? Probably...

But badly beaten by Henning, or Gigi, or Ava, or Rautenbach, or Mattie Wilson or Dani? I doubt it.

I'd give Markko a 50/50 chance at scoring drivers points if he were to really want to do Finland. He'd be 5-15 minutes off the winner's time, but that is still good enough to beat most of the gentlemen and pay drivers...

Lets not forget that Markko has been doing plenty of driving if not entering events, nor the fact that he was able to win the event, against Bosse, against Petter (when Petter was a true threat), and against Loeb. If he wanted to, he could do well enough, so the question is his desire, not ability...

I would add Gigi in the group who would beat him, I think it shows that Markko has a normal size ego and nothing to proove by not driving in WRC.

Woodeye
10th April 2008, 18:24
I don't know if this has been posted somewhere else already, but according to Finnish YLE, Grönholm will drive 5 ERC races this year with Ford Fiesta... :)

I think I'll switch to ERC, lot more to see than in WRC currently, and the cars are wicked in the series.. :)

wwbroe
10th April 2008, 18:39
I don't know if this has been posted somewhere else already, but according to Finnish YLE, Grönholm will drive 5 ERC races this year with Ford Fiesta... :)

Are you sure about this info, if it is true it would be great news. :D

SubaruNorway
10th April 2008, 18:42
On top level he has not, all past drivers now and then get payed to drive in small events, its just a publicity stunts nothing else, same like Grönhoolm drives the 0 car in Portugal.

Tought Ireland was at decent level though? Im not gona start an argue, just wanted to point out that he has drivens since the accident :p

cali
10th April 2008, 19:09

blah blah blah...and ofcourse anywhere else he would do fine, but not in Finland??
sometimes it is sad to see yor biased opinions :)

cali
10th April 2008, 19:12

blah blah blah...and ofcourse anywhere else he would do fine, but not in Finland??
sometimes it is sad to see your biased opinions :)

like i said before, he is not willing to drive - he wasn't right after the accident nor he will be now. Btw, is it just an accidental case or Subie has been doing far better now, after Markko joined them? (i know, it's getting bit offtopic)

Tomi
10th April 2008, 19:12
sometimes it is sad to see yor biased opinions :)

same propably everywhere, same would be for other drivers who has been years out of the WRC too, not only Markko.
No idea how good the new car was before he joined, or how good or bad it is now.

Woodeye
10th April 2008, 19:22
Are you sure about this info, if it is true it would be great news. :D

http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/moottoriurheilu/ralli/2008/04/marcus_gronholm_palaa_kilparadoille_103361.html

Here's the link. It's in Finnish but basically what it says is that Marcus will drive 5 races our of 10 with the Fiesta. He tested Andreas Eriksson's Fiesta earlier this year. that's where the idea came from.

cali
10th April 2008, 19:22
same propably everywhere, same would be for other drivers who has been years out of the WRC too, not only Markko.
No idea how good the new car was before he joined, or how good or bad it is now.

nobody has said anything about him beating TOP 3 guys :) , some of us were excited just to have opportunity to see him driving on top level again. It would be fun, but not likely to happen...

Tomi
10th April 2008, 19:26
nobody has said anything about him beating TOP 3 guys :) , some of us were excited just to have opportunity to see him driving on top level again. It would be fun, but not likely to happen...

That is what i mean with nothing to proove and with normal size ego, why would he come to drive in a WRC event just to show him self, a guy who did drive to win a few years ago?

L5->R5/CR
10th April 2008, 20:34
I would add Gigi in the group who would beat him, I think it shows that Markko has a normal size ego and nothing to prove by not driving in WRC.

You think Galli is that fast these days? I never peg him to finish better than 5th without some problems/retirements in front of him now that he has a "proper" drive and has to worry about team points, not just drivers points.

Markko has nothing to prove to anybody, but if he has some passion for driving in him still why not take up SWRT on their offer for a full works ride at at least one event this year?

OldF
10th April 2008, 20:45
http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/moottoriurheilu/ralli/2008/04/marcus_gronholm_palaa_kilparadoille_103361.html

Here's the link. It's in Finnish but basically what it says is that Marcus will drive 5 races our of 10 with the Fiesta. He tested Andreas Eriksson's Fiesta earlier this year. that's where the idea came from.

Here’s a link to a site: http://www.motorsport-aktuell.ch/artikel_1222.html

There was also an article about that in last issue of the Finnish magazine ”Vauhdin maailma”. Marcus said that the car had lot of more power compared to a WRC car.

Tomi
10th April 2008, 21:06
You think Galli is that fast these days? I never peg him to finish better than 5th without some problems/retirements in front of him now that he has a "proper" drive and has to worry about team points, not just drivers points.

I think he has always been quite fast, but now he has been driving smarter than before.

I dont think Markko has the motivation needed, also I dont think it's that easy to come back like if nothing would have happen after a few years, to me it's the same if he come back or not, I have never been crying after retired drivers, because there always comes new ones. I also understand Markko is trying to help new Estonian drivers, i see that as much more important thing.

Magnus
11th April 2008, 08:19
Marcus Grönholm will at least compete in Höljes, on of the great Rallycross events in europe, in the northern part of Värmland:
http://www.vf.se/Sport/Bilsport/2008/April/Vecka-15/Marcus-Gronholm-gor-comeback--i-Holjes.aspx

Magnus
11th April 2008, 08:22
There will be a press conference in stockholm on wednesday. henning Solberg is also expected to release news regarding his rallycross-project.
Bosse is not expected to be competitive at all this year, but if he thinks it is funny, he will go flat out 2009 :D
So: when will Loeb head for the mickey mouse sport?

AndyRAC
11th April 2008, 09:07
There will be a press conference in stockholm on wednesday. henning Solberg is also expected to release news regarding his rallycross-project.
Bosse is not expected to be competitive at all this year, but if he thinks it is funny, he will go flat out 2009 :D

Some people might say he's already in a Mickey Mouse sport........

tmx
11th April 2008, 09:10
Gigi was leading Turkey with his old Lancer until he lost the turbo.

I wish Marrko would atleast drive once sometimes. Most other drivers beside Jari and Petter doesn't have that go for it/killer attitude so it's boring to watch them. I'm not talking about sideway. I wonder what specifically made him stop, if he couldn't find another codriver good enough, or it was a combination of things.

rx-guru
11th April 2008, 09:15
Marcus Grönholm will at least compete in Höljes, on of the great Rallycross events in europe, in the northern part of Värmland.

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.ch/artikel_2486.html

We expect Marcus to do even 5 or 6 ERC rounds…

rx-guru
11th April 2008, 09:32

Who the heck knows? The grapevine has Séb already for RX…!

Most of those who call it "mickey mouse sport" have never been to its venues…

Brother John
11th April 2008, 09:55

WRC rallies are "mickey mouse sport" now these days. :p : :s mokin:

Magnus
11th April 2008, 10:47

Well: a relative of mine was Swedish Champ in rallycross (Supernational) 2005, and I have also driven his car occasionaly. So when i call it a Mickey Mouse sport it has nothing negative in it. it is just that they drive mickey mouse stages all the time!

rx-guru
11th April 2008, 10:57
Well: a relative of mine was Swedish Champ in rallycross (Supernational) 2005, and I have also driven his car occasionaly. So when i call it a Mickey Mouse sport it has nothing negative in it. it is just that they drive mickey mouse stages all the time!

So your relative is Urban B. and you drove his Volvo S40 I suppose…

Magnus
11th April 2008, 11:23
Yep. It´s you and Sherlock Holmes! :)

rx-guru
11th April 2008, 12:35
Yep. It´s you and Sherlock Holmes! :)

Not really. It’s just me, an elder RX-Guru… ;)

Brother John
11th April 2008, 14:01
Mitsubishi continue to play in sand! :D

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/rr/d10/n10/d/2008/04/11/mitsubishi-setzt-auf-diesel/index.html

Koppomsbo
11th April 2008, 15:00

Hey, is Urban doing the championship this year. Saw that he already got a third place in the ice racing champs this year.

Magnus
11th April 2008, 15:38
When I visited him in the beginning of march this was not in his plans; he thinks it is too expensive and to much work wit the sponsors. However he usually does Höljes anyway. Urban is an extremely talented driver and natural with anything with wheels. He have scared the **** out of me more than once...
It is a pity he is such a strong personality aswell that some sponsors get a bit afraid of him. He is getting to old now also, but don´t we all? :)

janvanvurpa
11th April 2008, 16:29
When I visited him in the beginning of march this was not in his plans; he thinks it is too expensive and to much work wit the sponsors. However he usually does Höljes anyway. Urban is an extremely talented driver and natural with anything with wheels. He have scared the **** out of me more than once...
It is a pity he is such a strong personality aswell that some sponsors get a bit afraid of him. He is getting to old now also, but don´t we all? :)
Hejsan Magnus, lite offtopic but what motor does the rallycross car have in it?
Redblock? Borrat and strokad all to hell?

I'd like to talk to you or him about motor parts.

Koppomsbo
11th April 2008, 18:10
Hejsan Magnus, lite offtopic but what motor does the rallycross car have in it?
Redblock? Borrat and strokad all to hell?

I'd like to talk to you or him about motor parts.

At least its an Köhler ;)

AndyRAC
12th April 2008, 19:44
Mitsubishi continue to play in sand! :D

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/rr/d10/n10/d/2008/04/11/mitsubishi-setzt-auf-diesel/index.html

If the WRC was a great championship, I'm sure they'd be back. They obviously get more return from this then WRC.

Daniel
12th April 2008, 20:16
If the WRC was a great championship, I'm sure they'd be back. They obviously get more return from this then WRC.
They're just there because Peugeot and Citroen came and made them look ordinary and Mitsubishi don't have the budget to do any better.

dumb
14th April 2008, 13:47
Deivydas Jocius re-registrated his Xsara in Lithuania.At the end of April he will test the car (propably in France) and he will run in three rallies this year.Like I said before one of them will be in Corsica and now it's clear another rally.Rally Turkey.

Xsara Fan
14th April 2008, 20:49
Deivydas Jocius re-registrated his Xsara in Lithuania.

Could you tell me the new numberplates of this car?

dumb
15th April 2008, 13:03
I don't know numbers now.The car is in France so...propably when the Turkey will be started...

MikeD
17th April 2008, 08:47
I don't know numbers now.The car is in France so...propably when the Turkey will be started...

Do you know which team will run his car? Kronos?, PH-Sport?, Citroën Sport? or will he have his own team?

dumb
17th April 2008, 10:52
Do you know which team will run his car? Kronos?, PH-Sport?, Citroën Sport? or will he have his own team?

There is some support from Citroen sport,but I think we can call this as his one team.Privateer.

MikeD
17th April 2008, 15:48
There is some support from Citroen sport,but I think we can call this as his one team.Privateer.

So he has his own mecanics? That's impressive. And then he will also be the first Citroën WRC driver not being run by one of the above teams.

dumb
17th April 2008, 16:37
Well I don't know about mechanics...But suport from Citroen really is.