PDA

View Full Version : US-Qatari consortium eyeing F1 stake bid

journeyman racer
24th June 2015, 05:16
This has just been spoken about on Melbourne radio.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/06/24/us-qatari-consortium-eyeing-f1-stake-bid/

Not sure what to make of it atm

Rollo
24th June 2015, 06:15
This has just been spoken about on Melbourne radio.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/06/24/us-qatari-consortium-eyeing-f1-stake-bid/

Not sure what to make of it atm

Tweet at @BoxOfNeutrals and remember to add the #AskMcGinley for the supplement section (AOD90604 maybe James Hird will show up).

Or was this on SEN or some such?

journeyman racer
24th June 2015, 08:16
It was on SEN.

AAReagles
25th June 2015, 07:32
'RSE Ventures is headed by Stephen Ross, owner of the Miami Dolphins football team.'

Mr. Ross is no Paul Allen. If it's anything to be guaged with the success of his AFC franchise I wouldn't expect any improvements outside of something related to promotional level.

journeyman racer
26th June 2015, 01:21
Well, were not using NFL success as a gauge for F1 leadership. I want Kraft to stay the **** away from being associated with F1.

Rollo
26th June 2015, 04:36
I should point out that the NFL is very very communist.
It has salary caps and the draft and has an interesting way of sharing TV rights.

How does a team like New Orleans go from second draft pick (because they were the second worst team in the NFL) in 2006, to Champions in 2009? That'd never happen in F1... unless you're Ross Brawn.

zako85
26th June 2015, 12:12
Now Qatar can have a GP without any bribing allegations.

steveaki13
26th June 2015, 14:03
Ha. Qatar is one of the few states without a race in that region.

Buying F1 is going a bit far :D

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Mekola
26th June 2015, 15:57
Who's the actual winner on this situation?

Hawkmoon
26th June 2015, 16:39
Who's the actual winner on this situation?

Bernie. I don't know how but the little prick will come out of it with even more money. He always does.

N4D13
26th June 2015, 17:45
Bernie. I don't know how but the little prick will come out of it with even more money. He always does.
I guess it must be comforting to know that soon you'll be the richest dude in the cemetery.

AAReagles
26th June 2015, 22:50
Well, were not using NFL success as a gauge for F1 leadership. I want Kraft to stay the **** away from being associated with F1.

Kraft? Nah, Mr. Ross seems better suited for the current trend:
http://fansided.com/2014/07/31/nfl-owners-5-worst-professional-football/6/

Speaking of F1 & football, they could boost the attendance/tv ratings from both motor and ballsport fan bases by introducing Formula-Rugby. Just think of it, Hamilton and Rosburg have to complete passes to each other while driving so many laps and avoid being tackled - or smashed into more like - by Maldonaldo & Co.

Qatar is one of the few states without a race in that region.

Buying F1 is going a bit far :D

Yeah, but just think of all the new juicy conspiracy theories that could be launched; like a high ranking shareholder/official's family member being tied to funneling funds to ISIS or Al-Qaeda. :D

Meaning more F1 exposure to gather in more fans... uh for what motive, I dunno.

If this goes through, I wonder how long it will be when Las Vegas will start setting odds of when F1 will be finished and/or the emergence of a break-away series.