PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Hulkenberg

truefan72
14th June 2015, 15:03
I know it is a little misplaced but a Huge Congratulations to Nico Hulkenberg for winning the 24Hrs of Le Mans.
And this on his debut along with 2 other fairly rookie drivers
Those LMP1 cars are a thing of beauty
He got super emotional at the end and i can't lie, i got a bit teary eyed myself.

It was a glorious race and i had it on in the background for most of the race.

Maybe next year we will see a few more F1 drivers?

kfzmeister
14th June 2015, 15:13
I know it is a little misplaced but a Huge Congratulations to Nico Hulkenberg for winning the 24Hrs of Le Mans.
And this on his debut along with 2 other fairly rookie drivers
Those LMP1 cars are a thing of beauty
He got super emotional at the end and i can't lie, i got a bit teary eyed myself.

It was a glorious race and i had it on in the background for most of the race.

Maybe next year we will see a few more F1 drivers?

Way to go. Can't forget Mark Webber as well. Not sure how he finished, but was said he will be on the podium as well. Throughout the race, i also heard Fisichella's name mentioned as well, so congrats to another (former) F1 driver!!

truefan72
14th June 2015, 15:28
Way to go. Can't forget Mark Webber as well. Not sure how he finished, but was said he will be on the podium as well. Throughout the race, i also heard Fisichella's name mentioned as well, so congrats to another (former) F1 driver!!

Yes indeed!
Webber finishing 2nd along with another F1 Red Bull castaway before his career even got going. Brendan Hartley.
It was a good race

Yes Fisi finished 2nd in category for t and unbelievably, Patrick Dempsey's team and driver finished 2nd in the GTAM

and those LMP1 cars were smashing the lap records earlier in the race

steveaki13
14th June 2015, 17:45
Fisichella was amazing for him these days :p . He was so consistent in his stints. Well done to him.

Nico Hulkenberg drove fantastically too considering the sudden change of category. I think by the looks of it he enjoyed it alot. It is the best race in the world to win I imagine.

I wonder if given his fortunes in F1 he might fancy doing more of that.

Yes also congrats to Webber.

steveaki13
14th June 2015, 17:46
As I said in the amazingly quiet Le Man thread. World Endurance and now Le Mans continue to overshadow F1 in my opinion these days.

Very good motorsport and good spirit.

Jag_Warrior
15th June 2015, 19:09
I was pulling for Webber's Porsche, but I wanted Hulkenberg's team to win if Mark didn't. Both fit my definition of deserving drivers.

I know Hulkenberg will go back to his day job this weekend. But what sports car racing needs (IMO) is more name drivers. It's great to have famous brands and marques taking part. Some fans do follow Porsche, Audi, Ferrari or Jaguar (they need to come back to Le Mans!!!), but having more "name" drivers would really increase viewership and interest, IMO. With that, in addition to good racing at historic venues, I think all the boxes would be checked.

AAReagles
17th June 2015, 05:21
.... and unbelievably, Patrick Dempsey's team and driver finished 2nd in the GTAM

:smokin:
Yeah, that's the kind of boost they needed. Hopefully more success is to follow to draw further interest from the states.

Good all the way around with Porsche winning their record 17th win. Love it! :D

N. Jones
17th June 2015, 20:22
Saw that. Well done, Nico!