PDA

View Full Version : ALMS Houston thread

Erki
22nd April 2007, 00:51
Gotta love the globecast radio tonight! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
For you who don't know, they pulled a blunder by playing some radio track under the commentary! :laugh:

Mark in Oshawa
23rd April 2007, 07:45
I just wish I could have found it on TV anywhere......much less on a radio broadcast.

harvick#1
23rd April 2007, 13:22
it will be on TV, this Sunday :mad: stupid CBS :mad:

Mark in Oshawa
23rd April 2007, 20:30
Tape delay for a week? Man that is annoying....

TioWoody
25th April 2007, 00:34
I have a question - when all of you have a opportunity to view the race on TV. When the the FCY flags were waving quite clearly at the beginning of the pit straight isn't passing prohibited in ALMS? I understand that cars keep going fast, but those of us in Grandstand 1 witnessed a three-wide pass as they approached the disabled car. I thought something very bad was about to happen. Thankfully it didn't. Then, I expected the passing car to be black-flagged it wasn't and in fact held its position. Comments please.

harvick#1
25th April 2007, 01:21
Tape delay for a week? Man that is annoying....

got that right, but I guess if people don't watch it or know about it, you can bet them 50 bucks that the Penske Porsche #7 would win overall :D

1LM1
25th April 2007, 09:52
Lol :D

QuarterMoon
25th April 2007, 19:05
I have a question - when all of you have a opportunity to view the race on TV. When the the FCY flags were waving quite clearly at the beginning of the pit straight isn't passing prohibited in ALMS? I understand that cars keep going fast, but those of us in Grandstand 1 witnessed a three-wide pass as they approached the disabled car. I thought something very bad was about to happen. Thankfully it didn't. Then, I expected the passing car to be black-flagged it wasn't and in fact held its position. Comments please.

Tio - what probably happened was that the cars put themselves back in the proper order. Passing under FCY conditions is certainly not allowed, and definitely discouraged, but because of the speed differential it sometimes happens. As long as they correct it before they come by Start/Finish again, there is no penalty.

TioWoody
26th April 2007, 18:53
Tio - what probably happened was that the cars put themselves back in the proper order. Passing under FCY conditions is certainly not allowed, and definitely discouraged, but because of the speed differential it sometimes happens. As long as they correct it before they come by Start/Finish again, there is no penalty.

I can understand the concept of "speed differential", but I can't accept that as the explanation for what I witnessed. The double yellow was out at the turn (10?) just before the main straight. One car slowed the other clearly continued, passed right in front of us - just before the start/finish and seemed to have held that position the next time around. I'll watch the TV replay - but doubt I'll see anything.

QuarterMoon
26th April 2007, 22:01
I can understand the concept of "speed differential", but I can't accept that as the explanation for what I witnessed. The double yellow was out at the turn (10?) just before the main straight. One car slowed the other clearly continued, passed right in front of us - just before the start/finish and seemed to have held that position the next time around. I'll watch the TV replay - but doubt I'll see anything.

If true, then it was definitely a mistake. Would be interesting if you could remember the cars involved.

TioWoody
27th April 2007, 18:47
If true, then it was definitely a mistake. Would be interesting if you could remember the cars involved.

The cars involved were both P2's. So, we're not talking about backmarkers.