PDA

View Full Version : F16 Vs Spyker

DimitraF1
22nd April 2007, 00:20
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070421154857.shtml

Valve Bounce
22nd April 2007, 00:42
Thank God they didn't put Sutil in the Spyker. The result would be too horrible to mention here. :eek:

ChrisS
22nd April 2007, 01:00
there is a video of it on youtube

These sort of things are set up though to make the plane and car look more even. If the fighter really wanted to take off as fast as possible it could do a full afterburner takeoff that would leave the F1 car behind right from the start

SuperAguri
22nd April 2007, 01:06
Thank God they didn't put Sutil in the Spyker. The result would be too horrible to mention here. :eek:

Yeah, he'd be faster than Albers, just like he has been all season thus far. ;)

Valve Bounce
22nd April 2007, 01:09
there is a video of it on youtube

These sort of things are set up though to make the plane and car look more even. If the fighter really wanted to take off as fast as possible it could do a full afterburner takeoff that would leave the F1 car behind right from the start

...................in a cloud of flames and smoke. :eek:

Gannex
22nd April 2007, 02:09
I'm surprised the plane's wingtip vortices weren't a problem for the following car. If I were Albers, I'd have been worried about flipping, if overtaken by the F-16. Two questions: was the car on the same runway as the plane, or on a parallel runway, some lateral distance from it? And did the F-16 lift its nosewheel (rotate) while the car was still close behind?

blakebeatty
22nd April 2007, 06:19
doesn't one of these lame stunts occur almost every year?

PSfan
22nd April 2007, 07:38
doesn't one of these lame stunts occur almost every year?

Yah, I was gonna agree, but how about this for an Idea

Spyker F1 vs F16 on PINKS!!! :p :

If spyker wins, they could try to sell the jet on ebay

If the F16 wins, they could use the car as an aircraft carrier's anchor :cheese:

waitey
22nd April 2007, 14:29
they at least could have used one of the top cars, like ferrari mclaren or bmw over the 1000m would go a lot better than a spyker for sure :D

DimitraF1
22nd April 2007, 18:33
spyker probably was setup for dragster racing so 0-100 in 2seconds maximum , a ferrari or mclaren will not make the difference. And it was a spyker promotion event, not a record break event