PDA

View Full Version : Dear Codemasters, Regarding TRD4...

tannat
21st April 2007, 22:11
..my mates and I would like to make a few recommendations:

1) Corner cutting-LOSE IT! Go back to what you did with TRD1and slow the cars like hell when there is 4 off.

2) Riding Curbs-In practically every level of auto racing curbs are ridden with exuberance, and WITHOUT loss of speed. Please correct this with TRD4. I acn't imagine a DTM of V8 Supercar race without aggressive driving over the curbs!!!!!!!

3) Car selection-No more of this silly Gemballa/Koenig/Mosler/Ultima etc rubbish. We want to see Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche/Maserati/Aston Martin etc.

4) Weather-As in TRD1, EVERY TRACK should have a rain option. Period.

5) Fuel level-Player adjustable in every mode

real_illusions
21st April 2007, 22:30
mosler and ultima are proper car names ;)

As for the speed cut etc when going off...it should be realistic no matter what..as in..you dont suddenly slow to 10mph when you hit the grass..it becomes very scary and your one aim in life at that moment is to get your car on the black stuff..its bumpy and quite difficult to control..but you dont lose that much speed. Gravel traps are a bit tricky - should possibly have an option to either be properly trapped in them if your not going fast enough, or treat them like grass.

and proper practise and qualifying sessions. Like an hour or half hour long, and do as many laps you feel/want/capable of.

Will L
21st April 2007, 22:31
It's been confirmed that there will be a new game but it wont be called ToCA Race Driver 4, it will be called Race Driver One.

Go and see the Codemasters forum, theres some more info there.
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/

Regards,
Will

harvick#1
21st April 2007, 22:32
3) Car selection-No more of this silly Gemballa/Koenig/Mosler/Ultima etc rubbish. We want to see Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche/Maserati/Aston Martin etc.

Gemballa/ Koenig was Porsche and Ferrari :p :

I thought a Gemballa was a race tuned Porsche

real_illusions
21st April 2007, 23:01
its the keonigsesgesesgesgesesegesegssegg..or something..from sweden i think..not related to ferrari ;)

tannat
22nd April 2007, 22:36
Gemballa/ Koenig was Porsche and Ferrari :p :

I thought a Gemballa was a race tuned Porsche

They are indeed Porsche and Ferrari, but evidently Codemasters did not/could not get naming rights so had to call them Gemballa and Koenig.
Gemballa is a Porsche tuner, like Ruf...

harvick#1
22nd April 2007, 23:30
they need to have the Lemans Endurance Series for Toca 4 (or whatever they call it) it would be cool to drive in all 4 classes

that would be an awesome championship with say 30 of us running in different classes :D or be true and have 2-3 member teams and everyone runs a certain amount of laps and they all get totaled up for one team

I am evil Homer
23rd April 2007, 13:25
It also needs bigger fields....The V8s have a massive field but you can only compete against 20 cars.

Visible pit stops

Relaistic damage...if you hit a wall at 120 the car won't make it back to the pits!

No black flag for running wide at a corner!!!!

I don't like the sound of street racing though...it already did that and it was pretty awful. If I wanted a crappy street race game i'd buy Need for Speed :D

Oh and we need BTCC in it, Clio Cup, Carrera Cup the works!!

harvick#1
23rd April 2007, 22:07
No black flag for running wide at a corner!!!!

I don't like the sound of street racing though...it already did that and it was pretty awful. If I wanted a crappy street race game i'd buy Need for Speed :D

Need for speed is so horrible. only racing game were a riced out Civic can beat a race-tuned Lambo or another supercar :mark:

yes, I hate running a corner wide and saying I corner cutted (how :mad: )

jso1985
23rd April 2007, 22:35
in a few words, more realistic racing, maybe it was just me but TRD3 didn't feel much "simulation" to me.
don't mind if they scrap some series, as long as they improve the ones left

Brown, Jon Brow
24th April 2007, 10:43
*Pro-simulation handling should the only handling option,
*warm-up laps before races,
*safety cars,
*engines blowing up if you rev them to hard throughout the race,
*official regulations in the championships, eg 2 pit stops in DTM races (I think)

And

BTCC-2007 season, it is possibly going to be the world most exciting touring car championship this year. It would be brilliant on a TRD, racing SEATs, Vauxhalls, Honda's, BMW's, Alfa's, MG's, Lexusses :up:

http://www.btcc.net/html/fansphotos.php?imagecat_id=0&pagest=56

I am evil Homer
24th April 2007, 11:15
I agree....Codies own the rights to produce a BTCC game I believe - this season's grid is simply awesome - loads of privateers, a diesel BMW 1 Series. The game needs more of that and less street racing.

I don't mind the option of arcade handling and Pro Sim, after all the game has to appeal to the wider public who perhaps don't spend hours fiddling with roll bars etc :D

So in summary:

Feeder Series: Clio Cup, FPA, Formula Renault, V8 Development Series
Headline series (for different markets): BTCC, V8s, DTM
Other series: FIA GTs/ALMS - Ferrari, Aston, Maserato, Pug Diesel, Audi

Variable weather....you get a weather report prior to each race and adjust the car accordingly.

luvracin
3rd May 2007, 20:41
[quote="tannat"]

So in what mode is fuel level adjustable??

I'm currently running a full length, full sim mode DTM championship and it's driving me crazy that I can't adjust the fuel level for the start of the race!! ARGH!

jslone
20th May 2007, 05:35
More track variety would be nice,not the fantasy tracks that dont exist,but real tracks from the US and Europe and Japan.