PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the Fear factor to F1

steveaki13
23rd May 2015, 10:33
So Seb says the cars should be made into scary monsters again :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32847548

I would add in, bringing back gravel traps and barriers in Monaco for example. Not huge run offs. Thats just boring

What do you guys think?

Tazio
23rd May 2015, 11:05
Fernando Alonso says he is "too radical" to sit on the Strategy Group and give a driver's opinion on matters within F1.
I think Fred agrees :p:

I’m too radical. You need some common sense there, eh?"With a number of changes suggested following the meeting of the Strategy Group, Alonso says it shows the sport feels it needs to revert to how it was in the past.

http://en.f1i.com/news/12955-alonso-feels-hes-too-radical-for-strategy-group.html

rjbetty
23rd May 2015, 15:19
Bah! It was better in the old days!!!

Starter
23rd May 2015, 17:03
So Seb says the cars should be made into scary monsters again :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32847548

I would add in, bringing back gravel traps and barriers in Monaco for example. Not huge run offs. Thats just boring

What do you guys think?
Where are you going to put a gravel trap in Monaco? The harbor?

Gravel taps are worthless anyway. They don't even begin to slow a car that goes in straight and tend to cause a car going in sideways to roll. I'm fine with paved runoffs.

Make the cars harder to drive again so it takes more skill. Steel brake discs and manual shifters, not semi auto ones. No kers and no movable wing flaps.

steveaki13
23rd May 2015, 20:49

Gravel taps are worthless anyway. They don't even begin to slow a car that goes in straight and tend to cause a car going in sideways to roll. I'm fine with paved runoffs.

Make the cars harder to drive again so it takes more skill. Steel brake discs and manual shifters, not semi auto ones. No kers and no movable wing flaps.

Yes because I was really suggesting putting gravel traps at Monaco :p

We could make it a rally stage?

Tazio
23rd May 2015, 23:14
Yes :p:

We could make it a rally stage?

No no no, they should use the streets for the Red Bull air races :angel:

N. Jones
24th May 2015, 16:55
I totally disagree.

When F1 was terrifying to drive how many people died?
Since F1 has been safer to drive how many people have died?

That would be a horrendous idea and would turn millions off to F1.

steveaki13
24th May 2015, 16:57
Read the article and Seb is talking about making cars hard to drive again. Thats not a bad idea.

I don't think also bringing back things to penalise mistakes is dangerous.

I am not suggesting making cars weaker or more likely to break up mid race. :confused:

henners88
24th May 2015, 21:23
Bring back the danger I say!
I love the IOM TT because it's thrilling, dangerous and the guys that do it are brave. Then again it's not money driven but is pure. I would like to see the return of gravel traps though rather than rewarding driver errors. F1 has lost a lot of its excitement over the years.

anfield5
24th May 2015, 22:19

No, that's silly:D Just take the barriers away from along the water front, big runoff are, with no chance of rejoining the race.