PDA

View Full Version : Coates Hire Rally Australia 2015

Pages : [1] 2

Livewireshock
20th May 2015, 06:30
Rally Guide 1 has been out for a couple of weeks and some route announcements made, so I thought I would start this thread now to allow discussion about this years WRC round in Australia.

First major change will see Friday's stages held west of Macksville, around Taylors Arm. This is located in the next valley south of the long Nambucca Stage.

Three stages, Utungun, Bakers Creek and North Bank will be run twice on fast flowing Shire Roads. These are similar in nature to the popular Nambucca and Valla stages. All 6 stages will be run before returning to Service in Coffs Harbour. Remote Refuel will be situated near the iconic "Pub with No Beer" at Taylors Arm (do not worry visitors, the name is from an old song and beer is plentiful there now). After service a lengthened Newry Stage will be run once to end Friday's action.

The second major change is that there will be no Super Specials run at night in Coffs Harbour, however Saturday's schedule will see the Newry Long stage run again first thing in the morning, followed by the Nambucca and Valla stages, with the later two stages run again in the day, with the Valla stage held at night, just after sunset.

The change for Sunday is the exclusion of the Shipmans Stage, so no watersplash. It has been replaced by the Settles Road stage which was used as the Shakedown Stage, although in the reverse direction, in the 2013 Rally Australia.

Service Park remains unchanged, staying at the Coffs Harbour International Stadium for this year.

So quite a few changes as more farmland and less forest roads are being used, however it should be very popular with the drivers and spectators alike.

GigiGalliNo1
26th May 2015, 17:46
Service park will stay in the muddy pits for non WRC competitors?

27th May 2015, 12:34
Thank you for the informative post Livewirestock. I'm pleased that they're ditching the super specials, they didn't really add a lot of value and were quite boring to watch. At first I thought the night stage may have dust issues (it still may), but the Valla stage is fairly open so it shouldn't be too bad.. Settlers Road is a fantastic stage, it it probably a better stage in the direction it was ran in 2013.

More farmland stages makes it easier to spectate that's for sure. Looking forward to it. Any mention of where the shakedown stage is? (PM pls ;))

Regarding the service park - there will always be compromises. At least there is plenty of room for the crews there, unlike somewhere like NZ 2012.

GigiGalliNo1
27th May 2015, 13:46
PM me the Shakedown location too :D

Livewireshock
5th June 2015, 09:48
There are two Shakedown locations currently mapped. The former Tuckers Knob stage north of Bellingen seems to be the main one. Another is marked on Bucca Road. However I'm guessing one is for testing for P2 and P3 drivers.

Livewireshock
5th June 2015, 09:51
Dust should not be an issue at the spectator point along the night Valla SS at least, it is on a tarmac hairpin that drops down into a gravel road.

ZoomanSP206
18th July 2015, 23:59
After attending many WRC rounds in Europe (Germany, France, Monte Carlo, Finland), I plan to attend Rally Autralia for the first time this year. I'm looking forward to a new rally experience!

I had a look at the spectator points published on the rally website, and I found that the start times of the special stages (and in case of Newry Long II even the day) as shown in the spectator point pdf files differ from those in the itinerary published in Rally Guide 1. Does anyone know which times are the correct ones?

Furthermore, is the conclusion from the list of spectator points that it is impossible to see the competitors on SS1/4 and SS15? Or are the spectator points that are presented in the spectating guide pdfs just special places that provide amenities such as toilets, and it is possible to see the cars at other places too? I just remember seeing many more spectator points published for the 2013 edition (which I planned to attend, but then couldn't go to).

Thanks for your help!

fredfush
19th July 2015, 05:52
Service park will stay in the muddy pits for non WRC competitors?

The service area for National competitors will be on the hardstand car-park where the Media Zone and the pre-SSS regroup was in 2014.

Andre Oliveira
19th August 2015, 15:10
27 entries, what a shame :

http://ewrc-results.com/startlist.php?e=19128&t=Coates-Hire-Rally-Australia-2015

Livewireshock
19th August 2015, 15:17

http://ewrc-results.com/startlist.php?e=19128&t=Coates-Hire-Rally-Australia-2015

This is not the full field, with other ARC and Classic Cars entered, plus the Australian Off Road Championship competitors too.

dimviii
28th August 2015, 18:48
Msport testing fiestas dustproof
https://twitter.com/MSportLtd/status/637290737164529664

KiwiWRCfan
29th August 2015, 02:06

Here are the other entries in Australian Rally Championship, Classics that run as well as the WRC entries
http://www.rally.com.au/uploads/2/0/6/8/20688358/2015_national_entry_list_final2.pdf

raybak
29th August 2015, 02:28
Pity I'm not competing this year, been a bit ill. Will be back in a rally car soon though.

Anyone needing last minute accomodation there is a great deal that is available for $110 a night at the best villa in Coffs. PM me for details.

Ray

GigiGalliNo1
30th August 2015, 05:28
Shakedown stage info anyone?

KiwiWRCfan
30th August 2015, 06:18
Shakedown stage info anyone?

4.98km long SD is at Olgas Road Hydes Creek from 8am Thursday Sept 10th. According to RG2 it is same SD stage that was used in 2014

30th August 2015, 11:38
4.98km long SD is at Olgas Road Hydes Creek from 8am Thursday Sept 10th. According to RG2 it is same SD stage that was used in 2014

Yes, not a bad stage. There's a tight right hander around 300m from the start. The road then goes into thicker forest to a very fast right hander over a bridge.

GigiGalliNo1
30th August 2015, 13:29
Photo points for it? :D

Also... is this SD stage for WRC2 cars too?

31st August 2015, 10:10
Photo points for it? :D

Also... is this SD stage for WRC2 cars too?

I'm sure there's other spots but these are from the start of the stage.

Tight right hander
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=188145
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=188140

Straight down to bridge
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=188148

GigiGalliNo1
31st August 2015, 10:49
Are there any test days for team in their WRCars before shakedown? Better not be!

GigiGalliNo1
31st August 2015, 10:53
ughh.. it's the same shakedown as last year... mehhhh

Not saying anything about your photos....

I got this one last year...

31st August 2015, 11:22
Cool - Not claiming that my photos are of the highest quality, was merely trying to assist you but it turns out you've already been to the stage...

No WRC test days are permitted in Australia.

GigiGalliNo1
1st September 2015, 04:31
Sorry 6789, just saying that the Shakedown stage was nothing impressing and nothing special

GigiGalliNo1
6th September 2015, 08:45
Pickems?

Mintexmemory
6th September 2015, 11:01
Pickems?

Later today!
Just 2-8 necessary as this will be a Seb fest!

AL14
7th September 2015, 12:35
My prevision: Ogier will win, Latvala rally2, Paddon in the podium.

Also Tanak could be a nice surprise. Hope he will not have problems.

Would be nice to have some info about weather. If it will be wet things can change.
Bluuford, may you enlighten us or it's too early?

rallyfiend
7th September 2015, 12:38
My prevision: Ogier will win, Latvala rally2, Paddon in the podium.

Also Tanak could be a nice surprise. Hope he will not have problems.

Would be nice to have some info about weather. If it will be wet things can change.
Bluuford, may you enlighten us or it's too early?

No rain.

Clear skies all week.

Seems the rain of the last few days is all that will be seen.

7th September 2015, 12:54
It's really starting to warm up down here. Should be perfect conditions :)

EstWRC
7th September 2015, 14:26
Yep, Ogier for the win but Paddon and Tänak are the dark horses here.

dimviii
7th September 2015, 15:20
Stéphane Lefebvre ‏@SLefebvreRallye
Here I am in Australia to take part in Rally Australia's recce ! @RallyAustralia @CitroenRacing @redbullmotors

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COS-52TWoAAMgDU.jpg

Ott Tänak ‏@OttTanak
We've had some problems with water this year! But trying to surf today was fun @RallyAustralia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COSjEkOXAAEBXM7.jpg

Mintexmemory
7th September 2015, 16:11
[QUOTE=dimviii;1064106]Stéphane Lefebvre ‏@SLefebvreRallye
Here I am in Australia to take part in Rally Australia's recce ! @RallyAustralia @CitroenRacing @redbullmotors

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COS-52TWoAAMgDU.jpg

Strange I've never heard of a wallaby called Stephane - don't know who the gallic looking chap is in the foreground though!

janvanvurpa
7th September 2015, 18:21
Stéphane Lefebvre ‏@SLefebvreRallye

Ott Tänak ‏@OttTanak
We've had some problems with water this year! But trying to surf today was fun @RallyAustralia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COSjEkOXAAEBXM7.jpg

Try all by themselves?!!!

Without co-driver it'll never work!

Besides WRC drivers in the 70s were better, here's shot of Pekka Runkari works Valmet driver how he did surfing on Finnish Laatokka järvi...maybe you know it as Ladoga...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/18/02/88/1802880e8e734a78780d24dd957c4523.jpg

dimviii
7th September 2015, 22:33
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COU7Cw-WcAAeERw.jpg

Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg
Rise and shine!!! 6 in the morning, recce time! @OfficialWRC @RallyAustralia @CitroenRacing

bluuford
7th September 2015, 23:56
No rain.

Clear skies all week.

Seems the rain of the last few days is all that will be seen.

Correct, there is just a slight chanche of rain near Shakedown stage.. just after the shakedown. However, I think there might be some dust issues on Saturday morning as there is nearly calm weather expected, fortunately only about 20% of the long stage is in the forrest.

raybak
8th September 2015, 05:14
Won't be dust issues on the long stage, except maybe bulldust for the 2nd pass as the middle link section ruts up very badly. The middle link section is really just farm forest tracks that don't get used the rest of the year. Very narrow and different to the shire road parts of the stage.

Saturday night stage will be dusty.

Ray

HarriK
8th September 2015, 11:15
Mads crashed with truck. Truck drove at wrong lane (but it's right hand roads in Australia... so we don't know exactly).
Behind is also other crashed evo?

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtf1/t31.0-0/p640x640/11922933_10153661999539973_3396260749955993821_o.j pg

Simmi
8th September 2015, 11:37
Could have been nasty that one - glad the crew are okay.

AL14
8th September 2015, 11:39
Has he did his recce?

rallyfiend
8th September 2015, 11:43
Lefebvre is the car in the background.

He and a couple of others crashed as well.

Must be great for keeping the locals happy!

makinen_fan
8th September 2015, 11:50
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COXrFjkWwAAN0di.jpg:large

GigiGalliNo1
8th September 2015, 13:07
Sleeping with light on... Spider already in hotel room... What else is to come!? Will Recce Friday new stages tomorrow....

dimviii
8th September 2015, 14:48
Mads Østberg
1 ώρα ·
Statement regarding todays accident on recce:
"We had an accident on the recce today. We met a big truck on the last stage. The road was too narrow and there was no way to avoid a crash. We have been taken care of by medical staff at the local hospital. We are ok, no serious injuries"
WRC ‪#‎rallyaustralia‬ ‪#‎2motor‬ Abu Dhabi Racing

Mads Østberg ‏@MadsOstberg
Mads Østberg έκανε Retweet Citroën Racing
Happened at the last stage of the day. Got through recce ok, and I'm ok :-)

dimviii
8th September 2015, 21:12
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2015/post-325-0-12501200-1441710850.png

dimviii
8th September 2015, 22:45
Mads Østberg
11 λεπτά ·
Good morning! It took some time getting out of bed today. We had quite the impact yesterday, but we were lucky. It could have been much worse when you look at our recce car. We've been cleared to continue by the medics. Luckily there were no fractures, only two bruised ribs causing me a bit of discomfort . So we're going to recce again today, and we'll see how it goes. We hope for the best. Thank you for all your support!
WRC Citroën Racing Abu Dhabi Racing ‪#‎rallyaus‬ ‪#‎2sporten‬

makinen_fan
9th September 2015, 10:33
Citroën Racing ‏@CitroenRacing 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING @MadsOstberg & @swerallywrc withdraw from @RallyAustralia. They'll be replaced by @SLefebvreRallye #WRC

raybak
9th September 2015, 11:22
Apparently Mads speed was 140kmh when he crashed, rumours about other crashes in recce today. Will find out more as news comes to hand.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 11:33
Apparently Mads speed was 140kmh when he crashed, rumours about other crashes in recce today. Will find out more as news comes to hand.

if he was in a stage he would be excluded anyway then... max speed allowed is 80 i think.

Hartusvuori
9th September 2015, 11:38

They carry a GPS tracker while on recce. He'd never be so silly to drive 140 km/h on recce. Besides, even if his recce car looked bad now, it would've looked a lot worse had the frontal impact happened at 140 km/h.

raybak
9th September 2015, 11:39
Lefebre was doing 107km when he crashed. Word of an Australian driver crashing at 170kmh into a car load of people who have been hospitalised. Will try and find if there is truth to this. Not good if true.

raybak
9th September 2015, 11:39
Apparently the trackers were only fitted today, late getting there or something?

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 11:41
Apparently the trackers were only fitted today, late getting there or something?

impossible.

you cannot recce without a GPS fitted for obvious reasons.

9th September 2015, 11:42
Mads has pointed the finger at the organisers - not sure what happened.

It is with deep regrets I have to announce that me and Jonas have to withdraw from #RallyAustralia. We got through recce today, but we are both in so much pain from the injuries we suffered yesterday. We had a lucky escape, but we are pretty beaten up after the heavy impact. From the moment we got in the car this morning we knew instantly that there was absolutely no way we were able to drive a rally in this condition.
We are extremely disappointed and really frustrated with the organisers. This was such an important rally for us. This accident will cost us the chance to fight for a top three spot in the Championship and our current overall position. We are grateful for the safety of our recce car preventing more damage. This can not happen again, and we hope all rally organisers take necessary steps to keep the contestants safe driving through recce. There can not be a next time! Safety first.
#wrc #rallyaus #2motor

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 11:44
Recce is done on open roads... Ostberg kid should try and become a man, i know its hard but he should at least try.

Simmi
9th September 2015, 11:46
Lucky Lefebvre had made the trip. Certainly a very bad time for this to happen for Mads when you hand a drive to your potential replacement.

Obviously the doctors cleared them to compete - i.e. nothing is broken. But there's a huge difference between that and being able to compete effectively through pain, bruising, stiffness etc.

Rallyper
9th September 2015, 11:46
Recce is done on open roads... Ostberg kid should try and become a man, i know its hard but he should at least try.

Come on! Meeting big trucks on recce isn´t what any driver expects and should expect either.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 11:53
Come on! Meeting big trucks on recce isn´t what any driver expects and should expect either.

i do not care... if a big truck is allowed to be on that road, it should... its the law.

AL14
9th September 2015, 12:00
I understand the frustration but Ostberg's words make no sense.

Hartusvuori
9th September 2015, 12:03
i do not care... if a big truck is allowed to be on that road, it should... its the law.

That is so. They should drive on recce so that accidents can be prevented. Sure, big truck coming the opposite way isn't good idea either (they do their job, though), but still - responsibility is for the man behind the wheel. However, many drivers do recce nowadays as if the roads were closed. Maybe we'll just have to wait for the first serious accident on recce before something is done for this matter as well. Closing roads for recce would be a tough call. Maybe some signs at the stage finish informing and warning local people about the recce: "There's a high chance that a participant of XX XXX Rally might drive 80 km/h on your side of the road just behind a corner. Take care and drive safe!" Now that would be nice, see you next year ... :-)

AL14
9th September 2015, 12:09
Maybe we'll just have to wait for the first serious accident on recce before something is done for this matter as well. Closing roads for recce would be a tough call. Maybe some signs at the stage finish informing and warning local people about the recce: "There's a high chance that a participant of XX XXX Rally might drive 80 km/h on your side of the road just behind a corner. Take care and drive safe!" Now that would be nice, see you next year ... :-)

There is no matter. They are on open and public roads with regular cars. They should act accordingly, and if they find a crazy man with a truck going in the opposite direction then it is bad luck.
In decades nothing serious ever happened in recces, they are fine as they are at the moment.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 12:13
That is so. They should drive on recce so that accidents can be prevented. Sure, big truck coming the opposite way isn't good idea either (they do their job, though), but still - responsibility is for the man behind the wheel. However, many drivers do recce nowadays as if the roads were closed. Maybe we'll just have to wait for the first serious accident on recce before something is done for this matter as well. Closing roads for recce would be a tough call. Maybe some signs at the stage finish informing and warning local people about the recce: "There's a high chance that a participant of XX XXX Rally might drive 80 km/h on your side of the road just behind a corner. Take care and drive safe!" Now that would be nice, see you next year ... :-)

In acropolis rally during the recce there was a small tent before the start of each stage with people from the organisers and they informed everyone who was not a rally driver about the situation i am sure the same thing goes for other countries as well...

Francis44
9th September 2015, 12:20
We know those cars are supposed to be equiped with GPS trackers but for what I have seen the max 80hm/h limit on recces is a myth. I do not know who is responsible to check all that data but I am sure most of it is overlooked.

Surely all the drivers would like to have the roads closed but that is just impossible, for organizers that would mean a huge bump in costs as you would need police many days earlier. For me that should be part of the challenge, to make the best notes while driving according to rules on recce.

Rallyper
9th September 2015, 12:20
In acropolis rally during the recce there was a small tent before the start of each stage with people from the organisers and they informed everyone who was not a rally driver about the situation i am sure the same thing goes for other countries as well...

Should also be the other way. Organizers telling drivers big trucks are common on this particular stage.

Eli
9th September 2015, 12:24
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120724 official statment from Citroen

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 12:26
Should also be the other way. Organizers telling drivers big trucks are common on this particular stage.

it doesn't matter if it is a smart or a 777 jumbo jet coming the other way... if the law allows it so the rally drivers should be aware they might not be alone. Plus on gravel roads people mostly use rural cars which are larger thatn normal either way.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 12:27
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120724 official statment from Citroen

quiz time.. how badly will lefebre fail ?

a. Very badly
b. Badly
c. Lol

Hartusvuori
9th September 2015, 12:30
In decades nothing serious ever happened in recces, they are fine as they are at the moment.

Local people having dangerous situations on the neighbourhood because the drivers take liberties that aren't allowed... Nothing really serious has not happened, but it doesn't mean they are fine as they are at the moment.

Hartusvuori
9th September 2015, 12:32

a. Very badly
b. Badly
c. Lol

Well what do you expect? C'mon.

sindroms
9th September 2015, 12:34
We know those cars are supposed to be equiped with GPS trackers but for what I have seen the max 80hm/h limit on recces is a myth. I do not know who is responsible to check all that data but I am sure most of it is overlooked..

I don't have a clue how it works in WRC, but here in Latvian championship it works perfectly. Every time there is bulletin with fines for speeding in recce. Everybody knows it and every time organizers get nice addition to their budget as well.

MartijnS
9th September 2015, 12:38

Yes, but not at the finish..

Hartusvuori
9th September 2015, 12:38
I don't have a clue how it works in WRC, but here in Latvian championship it works perfectly. Every time there is bulletin with fines for speeding in recce. Everybody knows it and every time organizers get nice addition to their budget as well.

Some 20 speeding fines were posted during Rally Germany.

AL14
9th September 2015, 12:41
Local people having dangerous situations on the neighbourhood because the drivers take liberties that aren't allowed... Nothing really serious has not happened, but it doesn't mean they are fine as they are at the moment.

Agree. I was referring to drivers not to local people.
Drivers should respect their limit and be able to take notes in a normal speed. It is very easy and it is a right way to organize recce.
If drivers take liberties that aren't allowed they should be punished accordingly. If this is not happening then something is wrong, but the rules are fine.

Eli
9th September 2015, 12:46

a. Very badly
b. Badly
c. Lol
i would guess a. very badly but perhaps this is a trick question so c. Lol, maybe

makinen_fan
9th September 2015, 13:18
Mads updated his statement in fb:

Update on recce accident
I see there's a lot of speculation about speed and who's to blame. We have speed restrictions and are always speed monitored on recce The accident was not caused by speeding. As the picture from the on-board shows, the truck was on the wrong side of the road. I tried to avoid the impact by turning right where there was a small opening. It really didn't matter what side any of us were on. The road was simply to narrow to avoid a crash. The trucker hadn't got information that there would be a recce on his daily route, and is not to blame either.
This is not a matter of placing blame, but a question of safety for both wrc drivers and locals!
‪#‎wrc‬ ‪#‎rallyaus‬
Mads Østberg's photo.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10421504_925155687551377_6544710653129794321_n.jpg ?oh=d222588d77135ad6efc08c30a2f1c6fc&oe=56AB9170

He has a point that the truck driver was not aware of the recce taking place. Especially when the organisers knew that trucks drive in these narrow roads, the should have notified them somehow.

Doon
9th September 2015, 13:22

a. Very badly
b. Badly
c. Lol

It depends on your definition of failure? Failure to finish? Failure to get in the top 10? Failure to finish within 5 minutes of the leader?

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 13:24
Keep crying Mads... many kids became men through crying...

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 13:26
It depends on your definition of failure? Failure to finish? Failure to get in the top 10? Failure to finish within 5 minutes of the leader?

Only failures have many definitions of failure... and i am not one.

Doon
9th September 2015, 13:27
Only failures have many definitions of failure... and i am not one.

Lol. Well you must have at least one definition.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 13:29
Lol. Well you must have at least one definition.

Failure is the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, and may be viewed as the opposite of success.

Doon
9th September 2015, 13:36
Failure is the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, and may be viewed as the opposite of success.

His intended objective from Citroen will most likely be to finish without incident, which he may well do. Meaning that you will have failed to provide a relevant option for you multiple choice question's answer.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 13:39
too much thinking over a simple matter...

EstWRC
9th September 2015, 13:52
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COdZppDW8AQv0T4.jpg

macebig
9th September 2015, 14:16
A good showing by Lefebvre will cement his factory status for 2016...

Simmi
9th September 2015, 14:17
As long as Lefebvre can keep it on the road he will score points. He still might score even if he doesn't. The entry list is not deep at all. It could definitely be a key rally in the battle vs Hyundai for second in the manufacturers though.

AL14
9th September 2015, 14:25
Yes, if he cruise till the end he could get a top8 placement in here. He should also show some speed though. I think a push in a couple of stages on friday would be enough.

Eli
9th September 2015, 14:59
Yes, if he cruise till the end he could get a top8 placement in here. He should also show some speed though. I think a push in a couple of stages on friday would be enough.

and watch out for saturday's night stage

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 15:11
Lefebres only comparison will be his team mate in this rally for as long as he can stay on the road, with such a poor entry final position means nothing.

AL14
9th September 2015, 15:21
Lefebres only comparison will be his team mate in this rally for as long as he can stay on the road, with such a poor entry final position means nothing.

You're right but with good PRs everything is possible.

GigiGalliNo1
9th September 2015, 15:26
Something for N.O.T

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 15:30
Something for N.O.T

you make sure you roam the service park so we can have inside info about how Ogier is moving teams next year because capito doesn't like his haircut.

the 2nd cow is nice, i want one.

sindroms
9th September 2015, 15:34
As long as Lefebvre can keep it on the road he will score points. He still might score even if he doesn't. The entry list is not deep at all. It could definitely be a key rally in the battle vs Hyundai for second in the manufacturers though.

Lefebvre confusing me very much I must say. First time I saw him in ERC "Rally Liepāja 2013" on 2WD and he impressed me. Being first time on unknown surface (snow) he was way faster then local Sirmacis and was equal with Finn Immonen. My theory is - "if you are fast on 2WD, you will be fast on 4WD too". Lefebvre is almost the only one who spoils it. Was it only predominance of Peugeuot R2??? So it seems now.

Rallyper
9th September 2015, 15:41
Mads updated his statement in fb:

Update on recce accident
I see there's a lot of speculation about speed and who's to blame. We have speed restrictions and are always speed monitored on recce The accident was not caused by speeding. As the picture from the on-board shows, the truck was on the wrong side of the road. I tried to avoid the impact by turning right where there was a small opening. It really didn't matter what side any of us were on. The road was simply to narrow to avoid a crash. The trucker hadn't got information that there would be a recce on his daily route, and is not to blame either.
This is not a matter of placing blame, but a question of safety for both wrc drivers and locals!
‪#‎wrc‬ ‪#‎rallyaus‬
Mads Østberg's photo.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10421504_925155687551377_6544710653129794321_n.jpg ?oh=d222588d77135ad6efc08c30a2f1c6fc&oe=56AB9170

He has a point that the truck driver was not aware of the recce taking place. Especially when the organisers knew that trucks drive in these narrow roads, the should have notified them somehow.

That was my thoughts at the beginning of all blablabla of speeds.

janvanvurpa
9th September 2015, 16:52
That was my thoughts at the beginning of all blablabla of speeds.

That is a BIG damn truck and a narrow road.. ..Here in my area the trucks --and the trees are bigger and even if our roads are often bigger, sorry it doesn't make any difference if they are on this side or the other side: They FILL the road

and unless there is a "Meeting Place"--a wide spot, somebody is going in the ditch..
Want to guess if its going to be the truck?

Meeting any car in the woods is always hair-raising...but these trucks are the worst...
(and they don't just puttra i ettan, they give them the BOOT.

Rallyper
9th September 2015, 17:37
That is a BIG damn truck and a narrow road.. ..Here in my area the trucks --and the trees are bigger and even if our roads are often bigger, sorry it doesn't make any difference if they are on this side or the other side: They FILL the road

and unless there is a "Meeting Place"--a wide spot, somebody is going in the ditch..
Want to guess if its going to be the truck?

Meeting any car in the woods is always hair-raising...but these trucks are the worst...
(and they don't just puttra i ettan, they give them the BOOT.

Maybe they should drive med nollan? I understand what you´re saying. And it corresponds my quote I think.

Karukera
9th September 2015, 19:22
With or without attrition Lefèbvre won't (can't) do much worse than Ostberg.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 19:30
With or without attrition Lefèbvre won't (can't) do much worse than Ostberg.

he would do a lot worse than Ostberg... Lefebre cannot even win C class drivers in ERC on gravel.

SubaruNorway
9th September 2015, 20:56

How do you know the speeds if the tracking wasn't fitted on tuesday?

dimviii
9th September 2015, 21:10
no way 140km/h from the damage we saw at photos.

Zeakiwi
9th September 2015, 22:55
This pic of the Ostberg recce car shows it was a fairly big hit considering the Mitsi is a Group N spec? car.
http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/coffs-coast-roads-still-challenge-drivers/2768275/#/0

It will be interesting if the onboard sequence is shown.

SubaruNorway
9th September 2015, 23:01
no way 140km/h from the damage we saw at photos.

Not 140kph at impact but could be before, Østberg's car seems to travel about 20m while the truck is nearly at the same spot if you compare the onboard and after shot if you look at the tree on the right.

raybak
9th September 2015, 23:39
How do you know the speeds if the tracking wasn't fitted on tuesday?

From incar video seen by an official.

raybak
9th September 2015, 23:41
If you want to follow the national field, go to www.rallysafe.com.au for tracking and maps. Also www.rally.com.au

Ray

raybak
10th September 2015, 01:01
Shakedown started. A photo of first car taken by a friend of mine.

Grundo Farb
10th September 2015, 03:47
Cripes! Does that mean he rolled?????

Zeakiwi
10th September 2015, 04:01
Ogier = save of the day.
https://twitter.com/BrendoRally/status/641755540226314240?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=BrendoRally&utm_content=641755540226314240

wwbroe
10th September 2015, 04:46
Are there any results of shakedown available?

KiwiWRCfan
10th September 2015, 05:08
Are there any results of shakedown available?

posted by MSport on twitter http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120733

dimviii
10th September 2015, 05:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COfxxksUAAAaKS-.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2015/post-50-0-45581400-1441837165.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2015/post-50-0-09885200-1441837293.jpg

dimviii
10th September 2015, 06:03
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COguagXUAAAciqt.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COgu1ZyUkAE1dKQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COf9TMPWgAA0t8X.jpg

dimviii
10th September 2015, 06:26
Ogiers save
https://youtu.be/Z2-9IaWCzTo

N.O.T
10th September 2015, 07:00
nice pictures now that all the european useless "pros" are at home.

makinen_fan
10th September 2015, 09:30
Another view of Ogiers moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKY1DUFxoCk&feature=youtu.be

bluuford
10th September 2015, 11:28
Ogiers save
https://youtu.be/Z2-9IaWCzTo
It looks almost against the laws of physics... the car is basically on its side already and then bounches back to the wheels. Very nice save on the very last moment.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th September 2015, 11:44
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5768/21100671650_2666b00931_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/674/21278155652_0b4aa16514_b.jpg

makinen_fan
10th September 2015, 11:49
nice pictures now that all the european useless "pros" are at home.

don't be so sure...

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/11998818_10206543071190245_4185392989647383716_n.j pg?oh=67935461dab18380a6cccaa2ee706316&oe=56633C2B

Fast Eddie WRC
10th September 2015, 11:50
WRC.com SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwENqpwqfus&feature=youtu.be

makinen_fan
10th September 2015, 11:55
BORL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJASj6ZbSx0&feature=youtu.be

GigiGalliNo1
10th September 2015, 14:25

janvanvurpa
10th September 2015, 16:55
It looks almost against the laws of physics... the car is basically on its side already and then bounches back to the wheels. Very nice save on the very last moment.

No it can happen.
I saw a Jackie Chan movie that he did than in an Evo..
slid on its side between 2 trucks.
Then back on wheels:eek:
It can be done..

Honest.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th September 2015, 17:51
Al-Rajhi flying

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COjUf8RWcAEc06W.jpg:large

N.O.T
10th September 2015, 19:42
Proper action photography so far... nice.

Had enough of those artistic useless europeans.

dimviii
10th September 2015, 21:22
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/40/50/Rallye_Australien_2015_003_405048_55f13148a.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/40/50/Rallye_Australien_2015_012_405032_55f13146b.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/40/51/Rallye_Australien_2015_035_405142_55f131508.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/40/50/Rallye_Australien_2015_036_405070_55f1314ac.jpg

stefanvv
10th September 2015, 21:27

He should give thanks to Polo's suspension travel/geometry physics, and of course his driving abilities are exceptional. But I don't say anything new.....

dimviii
10th September 2015, 21:29
some nice photos from Timo Anis
http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1388&fcat=9

Simmi
10th September 2015, 21:51
Two big moments out of the last three Shakedowns for Ogier - remember this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGRxj_ZT4bo

A saw a few people say "luck of a champion" after that Finland moment. Not luck for me. Okay he put himself in those situations, but I think almost any other driver would have rolled his car on both occasions.

noel157
11th September 2015, 00:35
Thought he might get ahead of Mikkelsen but good start (and good start position) from Meeke.
Evans a sec/km off the pace, long way to go I guess.
Ott's time just in. P2. Might be an interesting rally.

EstWRC
11th September 2015, 00:39
Nice start Tänak, continue like this!

Simmi
11th September 2015, 00:40
Sordo! Bit of spice there and hopefully the road order can keep it interesting for as long as possible.

Mirek
11th September 2015, 00:40
I don't like the need to have one huge stage and than plenty of meaningless short ones (relatively compared to the one). It's not only here but general trend of last few years. What is that good for?

noel157
11th September 2015, 00:41
Didn't see that coming.

noel157
11th September 2015, 00:42
I don't like the need to have one huge stage and than plenty of meaningless short ones (relatively compared to the one). It's not only here but general trend of last few years. What is that good for?

It's good for nothing Mirek. It's not as if they are short of space in Australia,

raybak
11th September 2015, 00:44
Sordo and Paddon show Neuville how it's done. Great result for Sordo with a stage win.

AL14
11th September 2015, 00:45
LOL, Lefebvre quicker than Ogier.

noel157
11th September 2015, 00:49
Has Ogier moaned about start position yet? (no RR otherwise would never get to bed...)

EstWRC
11th September 2015, 01:05
Sordo and Paddon coming very fast again

noel157
11th September 2015, 01:13
Night folks, enjoy the night shift and hope there's a full (and interesting) leader board in the morning.

EstWRC
11th September 2015, 01:14
Drivers with softs already sayin the tire wear is higher than they expected, Tänak with his hard tyres has a good chance on the long stage.

wwbroe
11th September 2015, 01:14
Great performance for Hyundai sofar, only Neuville is slower. I know it is probably starting positions but good for Sordo and Paddon.

litifeta
11th September 2015, 02:10
is it just my computer or is anyone else having issues with the WRC radio?

Mariusz
11th September 2015, 02:15
It's working fine for me.

wwbroe
11th September 2015, 03:20
Meeke in the lead after first loop of stages, looks like Paddon and Sordo were struggling a little in the long fourth stage. Ogier on the other hand is taking time back in this long stage.

dimviii
11th September 2015, 05:18
Sordo after ss4
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COldOkPWUAA4Fp0.jpg
Evans ss4
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COla3akWgAEIlqK.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COlhrzdUcAA7dkz.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COle7nnXAAEuaU2.jpg

Mintexmemory
11th September 2015, 07:11
Nice to wake up and see a real rally in progress!! ... and now off to the Goodwood Revival!

EightGear
11th September 2015, 07:19
Nice and close still so far. Ogier will probably stricke back though, with the longest stage of the loop still to come.

Tomorrow will be interesting as well with a big stage of 50 kms of cleaning.

Doon
11th September 2015, 07:51
Someone may have already answered this one, but how on earth does Australia keep its place in the WRC? 27 entries, 7 of which are 'ASN' - Are these cars homologated national cars? Is this the lowest amount of entries ever?

Ok, the drivers might like the stages, and it may well be well organised; however, if this were not an FIA event it would be cancelled with so few entries.

pantealex
11th September 2015, 08:19
Someone may have already answered this one, but how on earth does Australia keep its place in the WRC? 27 entries, 7 of which are 'ASN' - Are these cars homologated national cars? Is this the lowest amount of entries ever?

Ok, the drivers might like the stages, and it may well be well organised; however, if this were not an FIA event it would be cancelled with so few entries.

Mexico? maybe even less FIA cars. Argentina also very poor with FIA cars. So all overseas poor entry...

raybak
11th September 2015, 08:36
Mexico? maybe even less FIA cars. Argentina also very poor with FIA cars. So all overseas poor entry...

Only 11 WRC cars and 7 WRC2, it's sort of the norm for Australia. We usually get around 60 entries in the national section but not many classics this year due to it being an Alpine year which runs every 2 years, they have an oversubscribed field for the Alpine rally which is for Classics and have started listing reserves. Our team isn't competing due to my illness, but will be back next year.

Ray

Eli
11th September 2015, 08:37
dust issue.. tommorow in the dark, a lot of trouble...

Eli
11th September 2015, 08:46
Lefebvre stopped 20.5 kms into the stage... hit a rock and broke a wishbone.

EstWRC
11th September 2015, 08:49
Tänak with differ problems last two stages, shame, ruined his chance to get a good result, when everything worked he showed TOP3 times, Paddon also falling behind :(

noel157
11th September 2015, 09:05
Usual suspects in first 4, but Meeke doing ok in P2. Shame about Tanak.

Doon
11th September 2015, 09:16
Oh look, its the VW's and Meeke again. If he doesn't land a seat next year, then the WRC is a joke.

N.O.T
11th September 2015, 09:18
a bit disappointed in Paddon but otherwise normal results.

wia5958
11th September 2015, 09:32
Neuville and evans seriously of the pace. Did neuville have problems i no evans had a puncture. Meeke benefitting from his road position i would say. Shame about tanak was hoping for a trouble free weekend for him. But all in all 2 long days of rallying ahead yet im sure therel b plenty of action.

EstWRC
11th September 2015, 10:19
Unbelievable from Wilson, nothing about Evans in press conference but blaming Tänak again and no words that the he had problems with differential. He always blames Tänak and never Evans, so sick of him.

N.O.T
11th September 2015, 10:23
Neuville this year is just a nobody and then some... His last chance should be the new Hyundai and then the Belgian office for the unemployed.

N.O.T
11th September 2015, 10:24
Unbelievable from Wilson, nothing about Evans in press conference but blaming Tänak again and no words that the he had problems with differential. He always blames Tänak and never Evans, so sick of him.

He wants to blame Evans but then he takes a look at his wallet and how heavy it is from the Evans family money so he forgets it... i can feel for him since I as wilson have no morals when it comes to money.

Leon
11th September 2015, 10:59
FRI 12:07 - SERVICE: MALCOLM WILSON
The M-Sport boss gives a blunt assessment of Elfyn Evans' morning. "I really, really don't know what's wrong. It's a really disappointing performance. You can see from his body language he doesn't know why. I'm sure this afternoon he'll pick himself up and dust himself down. He has no option. He is in no man's land and the his pace has to improve. This sort of pace is what he was doing when he came into the team."

from wrc.com

N.O.T
11th September 2015, 11:02
FRI 12:07 - SERVICE: MALCOLM WILSON
The M-Sport boss gives a blunt assessment of Elfyn Evans' morning. "I really, really don't know what's wrong. It's a really disappointing performance. You can see from his body language he doesn't know why. I'm sure this afternoon he'll pick himself up and dust himself down. He has no option. He is in no man's land and the his pace has to improve. This sort of pace is what he was doing when he came into the team."

from wrc.com

translation for the uninitiated : Daddy Evans my wallet is really really light... can you do something about it ??

It worked miracles with Latvalas Daddy.

EstWRC
11th September 2015, 11:39
it is for the time this year that he has criticized Evans but after the day he said this. "He [Evans] really does carry the weight of the world on his shoulders and he's so desperate to do well. As a team we just have to try and relax him for tomorrow so that he can go out there and enjoy his driving. If that happens, the times will come."

sounds like he is going hug him hard and give him chocolate and all is ok again.

AL14
11th September 2015, 12:16
Yes there is no reason why Evans is still a manufacturers driver beside the fact he brings money. But it can't work on the long run. Wilson has to sell cars and need good results to show their potential.

Neuville is a lost man. He should wake up before it is too late. It's not easy to get the rythm back after so long time of poor pace.

dimviii
11th September 2015, 12:17
a bit disappointed in Paddon but otherwise normal results.

SS8] Hayden Paddon (Hyundai) 16:56.4 “The same problem, every right hand corner it does not want to turn, it doesn’t want to go round the corner. Some dust problems but you know it will be the same for everyone so you just have to push on.”

SS7] Hayden Paddon (Hyundai) 5:51.1 “The first stage felt good, the second stage felt like we had a puncture all the time, there was no puncture… really strange. The front left is really dipping down. The whole balance of the car is really inconsistent.”

makinen_fan
11th September 2015, 12:37
BORL day 1 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSPTGJlvFW4&list=WL&index=84

makinen_fan
11th September 2015, 12:47
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/40/57/Rallye_Australien_2015_050_405757_55f29cb26.jpg

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/40/57/Rallye_Australien_2015_054_405755_55f29cb22.jpg

And a funny one!
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/40/50/Rallye_Australien_2015_017_405062_55f131495.jpg

dimviii
11th September 2015, 12:58
borl photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bestofrallylive/

irish_tiger
11th September 2015, 13:02
He wants to blame Evans but then he takes a look at his wallet and how heavy it is from the Evans family money so he forgets it... i can feel for him since I as wilson have no morals when it comes to money.
N.O.T i can guarantee you one thing Gwyndaf Evans isn't lining the pockets of Wilson , he rallied against him and it would kill him to do that - i don't think he would have that kind of money . I think last year the MSA in the UK paid the bill to have Elfyn in the seat , maybe they are paying again this year ???? one thing for sure it isn't Gwyndaf or Malcom's pockets its coming out of .....

N.O.T
11th September 2015, 13:16
who pays is irrelevant...

Fast Eddie WRC
11th September 2015, 13:24
M-Sport on Tanak

Despite a tough day's rallying for the M-Sport World Rally Team, Ott Tänak was proving his potential with a number of encouraging times on what is his first taste of a world rally car on the Rally Australia stages.

Piloting an Ecoboost-powered Ford Fiesta RS WRC, the Estonian proved that he and the car were capable of some impressive times. Despite their inexperience, he and co-driver Raigo Mõlder set the third fastest time through both passes of 'Utungun' (SS1 and SS5) – asserting their speed and underlining the Fiesta's performance on gravel.

Unfortunately, a stall on SS4 followed by a spin on SS6 cost him vital seconds. Due to the sprint-like nature of the day's stages, it was extremely difficult to claw back the time – something which was made all the more tricky as he was one of a number of drivers to report a strange feeling with the handling throughout the day's extremely slippery closing stages.

The team changed the transmission on his Fiesta RS WRC, in an impressive 13 minutes, to ensure there were no potential problems and Tänak ended the day in eighth place – something he'll be looking to improve as he gains experience of this unique event.

Rallyper
11th September 2015, 13:54
It´s still a long way to go for all competitors. Tanak too, which is for his upside right now.

Simmi
11th September 2015, 14:12
Very intrigued to see what happens on the big stage today/tomorrow. Went to sleep full of hope with the likes of Paddon and Tanak up there but it's not really happened.

Wasn't sure Neuville's stock could dip much lower but it did on leg one.

jacko
11th September 2015, 14:17
who pays is irrelevant... So what's than your problem loser ?
Evans seat is paid by M-Sport, simple as that. Like Tänak.
About the progression: Evans does sometimes set good times and we see a little by little progress in speed (although here in Australia it's nowhere..) but for me he's becoming the standard of the likes of Mads Ostberg, a (very) good driver but without pure raw speed and for sure not a potential winner in the (near) future.
Think Malcom acknowledge that but without a big budget he can't contract a worldclass driver right now and besides: there are not many other drivers we could do a better job i'm affraid...

raybak
11th September 2015, 14:32
Evans struggles in Australia. A few years ago here in Rally of Canberra he only lasted 1 and half stages before binning the car.

Maybe he has had a motivational talk tonight and he will be better Saturday.

The long stage will sort em all out anyway. Some very tight gateways in the forest middle section with raised grids in them, always problems there.

Ray

dimviii
11th September 2015, 14:36
Evans

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COn3v9fUcAAwR46.jpg

N.O.T
11th September 2015, 14:45
there are not many other drivers we could do a better job i'm affraid...

there are a lot of drivers that can do better than evans... even the ERC kids can do better than him.

noel157
11th September 2015, 17:01
N.O.T i can guarantee you one thing Gwyndaf Evans isn't lining the pockets of Wilson , he rallied against him and it would kill him to do that - i don't think he would have that kind of money . I think last year the MSA in the UK paid the bill to have Elfyn in the seat , maybe they are paying again this year ???? one thing for sure it isn't Gwyndaf or Malcom's pockets its coming out of .....

Certainly can't see Evans senior being able to provide that sort of coin. Gwyndaf always had budget problems throughout his own career. Unless there's been a Lotto win or a rich (and shy) benefactor I'd say what little money being given to Wilson by the Evans wouldn't cover a seasons worth of food for the team. Assume FMC is throwing money at Wilson.

Rallyper
11th September 2015, 17:59
About the progression: Evans does sometimes set good times and we see a little by little progress in speed (although here in Australia it's nowhere..) but for me he's becoming the standard of the likes of Mads Ostberg, a (very) good driver but without pure raw speed and for sure not a potential winner in the (near) future.

Please don´t compare Evans to Mads Ostberg. You just show how little you know or want to understand.

SubaruNorway
11th September 2015, 18:05
Just watched the two first stages on WRC+, what struck me was the lack of spectators.

Maybe 200 in a stage? Not more than a national event would have it seems, doesn't really earn you the spot as final event of the season does it...?

AndyRAC
11th September 2015, 18:49
Certainly can't see Evans senior being able to provide that sort of coin. Gwyndaf always had budget problems throughout his own career. Unless there's been a Lotto win or a rich (and shy) benefactor I'd say what little money being given to Wilson by the Evans wouldn't cover a seasons worth of food for the team. Assume FMC is throwing money at Wilson.

I have to laugh at people thinking Evans is bringing money. Just where is he getting it from? That kind of money would require a big sponsor, and they don't exist in UK rallying.

AL14
11th September 2015, 20:04
I have to laugh at people thinking Evans is bringing money. Just where is he getting it from? That kind of money would require a big sponsor, and they don't exist in UK rallying.
I find easier to discover where those money come from than the reason why Evans is still a manufacturer driver

faateris
11th September 2015, 20:06
I think Malcolm only want more british boys in WRC, that's it .... Evans is little bit faster than Wilson junior was.
Tanak is fast, we know that, but crashes in the recent past.......
I could not be surprised, if next year Neuville will drive Ford again....
I don't know, not many competitors, no spectators, but I find that rally really interesting, let's say special.

dimviii
11th September 2015, 20:20
Latvala flat out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=9&v=neCYNxiWVig

hari
11th September 2015, 21:05
Latvala flat out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=9&v=neCYNxiWVig

Video: flat out at Rally Poland, but not in Australia...

wia5958
11th September 2015, 21:20
What time the stages uk time anyone know?

Simmi
11th September 2015, 21:24

First stage is 1:18am I think. A couple of hours later than yesterday. Can't imagine I'll be following it along sadly.

wia5958
11th September 2015, 21:30
Cheers simmi. Yeah its not logical. Although with a baby in the house its possible il b tuned into wrc radio lol

satnav
11th September 2015, 22:03

UK Times are;
SS9 01:18
SS10 03:08 Live TV
SS11 06:41
SS12 09:10 Night Stage

SS13 22:58 [Sat]
SS14 00:08 Live TV
SS15 00:39
SS16 02:42
SS17 04:08 Power Stage

Rallyper
11th September 2015, 23:14
First stage is 1:18am I think. A couple of hours later than yesterday. Can't imagine I'll be following it along sadly.

Gonna try! :)

dimviii
11th September 2015, 23:45
Video: flat out at Rally Poland, but not in Australia...

and i was wondering that this video reminds me something.
thanks for correction.

noel157
11th September 2015, 23:47
Very unsociable hours following this rally. : )

dimviii
12th September 2015, 00:10
cant wait i ll go for sleep.

noel157
12th September 2015, 00:42
I'm off, enjoy the night shift.

Robbo
12th September 2015, 01:19
Very social hours here in NZ. First stage 1218. Had time to do shopping and earn sufficient brownie points to follow this afternoon. Pure luxury.

raybak
12th September 2015, 01:36
Apparently Paddon had a front diff issue, they believe that it is fixed and ok for today.

raybak
12th September 2015, 01:58
4 minute gaps to start the day.

raybak
12th September 2015, 02:19
Only 4 min gap between Lefebvre and Ogier.

EstWRC
12th September 2015, 02:24
Apparently Paddon had a front diff issue, they believe that it is fixed and ok for today.

i hope so and that Tänak's diff is also fixed.

er88
12th September 2015, 02:40
Meeke taking 0.5s a km at first split. Very bold tyre choice going with 5softs but could win him the rally if it pays off...

er88
12th September 2015, 02:56
Meeke losing time over the course of the stage. Now only 0.7s up on ogier at last split. Stage might have cleaned a lot so maybe he should have gone with the hard tyres. Brilliant time by Andreas, now under a second off Latvala overall. Hopefully we get a good battle till the end

raybak
12th September 2015, 02:58
Looks like Evans has got his Mojo back.

Mintexmemory
12th September 2015, 03:05
Good enough for Kris to lead! Going to be tactical times this afternoon if this keeps up!

EstWRC
12th September 2015, 03:10
Awesome performances by Paddon and Tänak on Nambucca1, Tänak got past Sordo and Neuville with this. If only they hadnt had their problems yesterday :(

er88
12th September 2015, 03:15
Yep great time for Paddon and Tanak. Hayden closes right up now, only 11secs off the lead! Poor tyre choice in the end for meeke, says it was a big gamble thats backfired as he should have been taking 15-20s off the likes of Ogier. Still moved into the lead, but looks like Ogier is in a great position now...

EstWRC
12th September 2015, 03:21
Tänak little too cautious in the middle section of the stage but had the fastest end, took 1.8 secs out of Mikkelsen and 1.3 secs out of Paddon in the end.

raybak
12th September 2015, 03:21
Cows on the road!!

Andre Oliveira
12th September 2015, 03:22
Protasov closes to Nasser

Andre Oliveira
12th September 2015, 03:27
Protasov : "We had to stop 10km before the end because there were cows on the road!"

danon
12th September 2015, 04:13
http://cricfree.tv/bt-sport-1-live-stream-1

EstWRC
12th September 2015, 04:46
This morning's performances are what i have been waiting from Paddon and Tänak for a couple of rallies now, very nice. The stars of the future. Paddon first and Tänak second on this stage :)

Rallyper
12th September 2015, 04:53
Paddon doing well!

litifeta
12th September 2015, 04:55
only rally on the calendar us in Oz get to follow at sociable hours. Pity the credit card was already maxed. Would be there. Glad to see they changed some stages so we got something a little bit closer to NZ stages. Hope NZ gets it back again soon.

Robbo
12th September 2015, 08:23
Looks like Sordo stopped in SS11.

Correction. Has reappeared on tracking

dimviii
12th September 2015, 08:32
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COrhpBdU8AAmhMr.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COqngxzUYAA1ytH.jpg

Ucci
12th September 2015, 09:01
Meeke: -"I fell like a pack of wolfs is behind me"...not good feeling.....

dimviii
12th September 2015, 09:04
Yazeed rolled

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COr3PUlWoAAJknM.jpg

raybak
12th September 2015, 09:50
5 min gaps it looks like for Valla 2.

Mintexmemory
12th September 2015, 10:26
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COrhpBdU8AAmhMr.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COqngxzUYAA1ytH.jpg

Very nice use of the barbed wire fence on the second shot, maybe try the next through a white picket or the cracks in a larch lap panel fence.
Why no flowers or lakes?

edit: Just realised the fence shot is maybe taken by an 8 year old child or a person or restricted height. If the latter the person needs to take care - dwarf throwing is a popular Aussie sport!!

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 10:38
Dust now a problem for the later runners.. :(

S12: NEUVILLE
Two seconds slower than Ogier and furious with the visibility. "It's stupid with the dust. For the guys behind it will be difficult. It's penalising the guys behind."

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 10:43
Evans been off :( "It just broke away from me flat in sixth gear. I kept the speed on but it wouldn't recover. I don't know where we went but it was a massive moment. We were lucky."

satnav
12th September 2015, 10:44
Dust now a problem for the later runners.. :(

In a night stage it was always going to be a problem in this stage , Meeke had a few words with MM at the stage finish.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 10:47
Ogier in the dark - https://twitter.com/AaronBeardIzzy/status/642616948488990720

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 10:48
In a night stage it was always going to be a problem in this stage , Meeke had a few words with MM at the stage finish.

'He completes 2.7sec slower than Ogier and is absolutely furious. He jumps out of his DS 3 at the finish control and has words with FIA officials. He refuses to make any comments to the waiting media.'

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 10:52
Why no flowers or lakes?

;)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/569/21289780246_fc942a9f8f_b.jpg

Mintexmemory
12th September 2015, 10:53
'He completes 2.7sec slower than Ogier and is absolutely furious. He jumps out of his DS 3 at the finish control and has words with FIA officials. He refuses to make any comments to the waiting media.'

....and Ogier is first on the road tomorrow!!

Mintexmemory
12th September 2015, 10:53
;)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/569/21289780246_fc942a9f8f_b.jpg

Much better!!!!

EightGear
12th September 2015, 11:00
No he's last.

N.O.T
12th September 2015, 11:02

why you bother all these years ?

Eli
12th September 2015, 11:03
No he's last.

so Ogier will take the win...

Mintexmemory
12th September 2015, 11:05
Damn and blast - wake up and post before engaging brain!! Well at least there is pressure on Ogier for a change!

Fast Eddie - Is that blue wattle in the floral pic?

EightGear
12th September 2015, 11:06
so Ogier will take the win...
That has been clear after the first loop on Friday.

Mintexmemory
12th September 2015, 11:13
That has been clear after the first loop on Friday.

Well I predicted as much in my pickem but if Kris is head to head and has the optimum tyres available AND selected it isn't necessarily a foregone conclusion. Depends what Matton says to Kris in the morning! Surely there is no kudos in a safe drive now!

Simmi
12th September 2015, 11:19
Well tomorrow is going to be interesting. A big part of me thinks Ogier will just drive away, but three drivers behind him all have a sniff of a win.

If you're Meeke what do you do? All drivers around you have seats for next year and secure championships positions. This is definitely one of his best rallies, even though I think with the tyre choice he's probably left 8-10 seconds on the table through the first Nambucca. That could lose him the rally.

SubaruNorway
12th September 2015, 11:32
Pretty sure i found the spot where Østberg crashed in Valla (Last recce stage on tuesday) and no way you can reach 140kph before or at that spot after a narrow bridge into a long blind 4 right at 1:39.7 with Paddon first run here.

AL14
12th September 2015, 11:48
So, everyone had is little moment of fun and glory. Now Ogier is in the lead and only a miracle from Latvala could move him back, but I fear it's more probable that Jari-Matti will hit a tree.

5 stages to go. It's nice to have 5 drivers in 20 seconds but we all now that it's due to starting order so it is not so much exciting.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 12:17
Strange this issue with the dust on Valla 2 in the dark... just watched the running of it as Valla 1 (TV stage) in the daytime and there was no problem with dust at all...

Must be just the way the car lights pick it up.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 12:20
Paddon was fastest overall on day 2 !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COsdbWKU8AATt46.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COsas4ZUAAAjZY6.jpg:large

satnav
12th September 2015, 12:26
Good sensible words from Seb at the finish of the drivers press conference ref the running of the night stage

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 12:30
Ott Tänak ‏ - Today the car has been fantastic to drive and I’ve been really enjoying it - much better than yesterday.

SubaruNorway
12th September 2015, 12:32
Good sensible words from Seb at the finish of the drivers press conference ref the running of the night stage

With it just being a 7km stage would it be impossible to run a water truck through just to dampen the dust slightly though?

dimviii
12th September 2015, 12:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYu1sos6dPM&feature=youtu.be

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2015, 12:38
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COsmmCJVAAA57op.jpg:large

dimviii
12th September 2015, 12:39
Strange this issue with the dust on Valla 2 in the dark... just watched the running of it as Valla 1 (TV stage) in the daytime and there was no problem with dust at all...

Must be just the way the car lights pick it up.

no its normal at night to be worse because there is no wind at all.Same issues at Greece at night stages at Acropolis.
Of course head lights make the situation worst with hanging dust.

dimviii
12th September 2015, 12:45
With it just being a 7km stage would it be impossible to run a water truck through just to dampen the dust slightly though?

no its useless at high temps and this kind of gravel.At 10 min will be dry again.

Ogier didnt moan about dust? oh wait....

5 minutes between cars,too boring for spectators.

AndyRAC
12th September 2015, 12:58
Simple solution; don't have night stages in dry, dusty conditions. There are plenty of other events were night stages are more suitable - Tarmac, snow, wet gravel events, etc

EstWRC
12th September 2015, 12:58
Great performances from Meeke, Paddon and Tänak today, shame that Paddon and Tänak lost out yesterday because of their problems. Tomorrow still a lot of km's to go and anything can happen, the gaps are close.

Simmi
12th September 2015, 13:40
I don't think Ogier is right to say "night stages shouldn't happen on gravel". There won't be any dust issues in GB this year and a fair bit of dark running.

Personally I can take or leave night stages. If I have the choice I won't spectate at them. Not until the cars are more spectacular or the atmosphere returns to something like it used to be. To have a fairly inconsequential 8km test at night and force it through with 5min time gaps is just pointless. As Ogier rightly said no one benefits from that. It doesn't make the rally more testing. It's just a gimmick.

Michelle Mouton has driven through difficult conditions/routes back in the day that the current crop of drivers couldn't even imagine. I think she has quite a no-nonsense attitude to complaints which I think is good, but if you're going to run night stages at least have them mean something - like we see at the Monte.

EightGear
12th September 2015, 13:42
"To be in the lead tonight is an amazing performance and I'm sure that everyone who follows motorsport closely will have noticed it and I'm sure my rivals would have seen what we have done for two days."

Yes, Seb. You are a God and the greatest.

N.O.T
12th September 2015, 13:44
Michelle Mouton has driven through difficult conditions/routes back in the day that the current crop of drivers couldn't even imagine.

at average speeds around 30% less of the drivers of today... also known as dog speeds for fat unhealthy men and even women.

N.O.T
12th September 2015, 13:46
"To be in the lead tonight is an amazing performance and I'm sure that everyone who follows motorsport closely will have noticed it and I'm sure my rivals would have seen what we have done for two days."

Yes, Seb. You are a God and the greatest.

he wants to turn into the Floyd Mayweather of rallying... he will never gain the respect he wants or even deserves that way though, his actions yell insecurity and nobody likes insecure people no matter how successful they are.

dimviii
12th September 2015, 13:53
https://scontent-mrs1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11990611_726790660758952_4695810318484371406_n.jpg ?oh=fb84436e766e00436fb73b20eb5d0220&oe=569F1CED

dimviii
12th September 2015, 13:58
hyundai day 2
https://youtu.be/5EuT3AetPQM

dimviii
12th September 2015, 14:40
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COtBFxYUEAA_n1f.jpg

SubaruNorway
12th September 2015, 14:46
no its useless at high temps and this kind of gravel.At 10 min will be dry again.

Ogier didnt moan about dust? oh wait....

5 minutes between cars,too boring for spectators.

Strange that they don't use dustex down there though, you can't see shit when meeting another car with that dust even at road speed.