PDA

View Full Version : team Dynamics

WSRfan82
21st April 2007, 14:32
ive been watching the btcc for meany years now and TD have all ways been a indy team but what are they this year just been looking at the time sheet for the practice at rockingham and there is a - next to neals and sheddons names all the other drivers have I of indy team or M of manuacterers what dose - mean

Alfa Fan
21st April 2007, 14:41
There neither Manufacturer or Independent

LiamM
21st April 2007, 15:18
TOCA decided that TD had received 'significant financial backing' from Honda, so are not classed as independent. To be classed as a manufacturer the manufacturer has to pay an entry fee, which Honda hasn't done. Therefore they are neither

ATF
21st April 2007, 20:20
Why didn't Honda pay it, when it was announced that they would?!

mattie007
21st April 2007, 22:16
Why didn't Honda just enter as a manufacturer with TD?
TD proved they could do it in 05 and 06 yet Honda still weren't prepared to fully commit in 07.

LiamM
22nd April 2007, 00:43
I guess Honda UK wanted to, but Honda Japan refused

SEATFreak
22nd April 2007, 08:44
TOCA decided that TD had received 'significant financial backing' from Honda, so are not classed as independent. To be classed as a manufacturer the manufacturer has to pay an entry fee, which Honda hasn't done. Therefore they are neither

I never knew that.

On the issue of Honda UK and Honda Japan, why is Honda UK, it seems, so heavily influenced by Honda Japan? Honda UK wants to enter as a manufacturer (so presumably they have enough to pay the fee - whatever that may be) but Honda Japan turns it down.

That to me indicates some say over the UK branch of Honda anyway.

tin-top fan
22nd April 2007, 10:02
it's because honda Japan is the owners of Honda corp- Honda UK just sell and market cars in the UK for them. The top boss in Honda UK will have a a fair few people above him, with these people all working in Japan.
I think the whole idea of Honda actually being in the championship this year comes from some very optimistic people though. In this Autosport article that was published in February, it states 'Honda has denied that it is providing any works backing'. The thing was that Honda had helped TD out too much for them to still be classed as Independent.

The interesting thing, it that if you look at the top eight on the grid for Rockingham, there are only two full independants in the top eight........

SEATFreak
22nd April 2007, 12:19
The thing was that Honda had helped TD out too much for them to still be classed as Independent.

Could the same not be said of A-Tech? After all as far as I understand they get help of some kind from N-Technology who are the factory Alfa team in the WTCC.

I of course understand that the two cases may be different in that TD are getting help to some degree from the factory themselves and N-Technology are to Alfa what 888 presumably is to Vauxhall. They run the cars. They aren't the factory themselves.

The interesting thing, it that if you look at the top eight on the grid for Rockingham, there are only two full independants in the top eight........

Who are......Team RAC and Quest?

tin-top fan
22nd April 2007, 13:13
Could the same not be said of A-Tech? After all as far as I understand they get help of some kind from N-Technology who are the factory Alfa team in the WTCC.
I would think that is all to do with where the help as entered the 'system'. With Dynamics, Honda have directly given them help in building the cars. In the case of Alfa, a-tech haven't directly recieved any help at all. N-technology recieved help from Alfa, but A-tech haven't. N-technology (who no longer recieve alfa backing) have just given a-tech a couple of cars. Alfa haven't directly recieved anything.

I of course understand that the two cases may be different in that TD are getting help to some degree from the factory themselves and N-Technology are to Alfa what 888 presumably is to Vauxhall. They run the cars. They aren't the factory themselves.

I think n-tech were to Alfa what 888 are to vx. AFAIK they aren't anymore

Who are......Team RAC and Quest? yep :up:

WSRfan82
22nd April 2007, 15:00
thanks guys now im upto date with it all cheers. i dont kow why honda leave F1 (sorry) and back TD just think how meny championships they could win

ATF
22nd April 2007, 16:17
But they want to win the worlds premier motorsport championship!

But I agree, just think with their F1 budget how many touring cars they could run...

tin-top fan
23rd April 2007, 00:25
look at this picture from rockingham on saturday: http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n288/CloudedVision/2007-04-21%20Rockingham%20BTCC/BTCC006.jpg

I have to say has there ever been a non-works team covered in manufacturer branding than this one? The car has a huge honda badge on top, and the pit crew's clothing is covered in honda logos!!!!

LiamM
23rd April 2007, 11:00
Well I believe the financial backing which they received was Body Shells and technical assisstance from the factory in building the cars, these come at a price of course, it seems the price is about identical to the roof of a Civic