PDA

View Full Version : 2016 calendar leaked

Mark
30th April 2015, 10:58
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/04/30/formula-1-admits-to-leaked-2016-draft-calendar/

21 races but in recent years we've often seen a race or two dropped before the final schedule is in place.

The Black Knight
30th April 2015, 13:35
At least they've gotten rid of the retarded 4 week break throughout August. It looks much more compact thank previous years. This years calendar is just ridiculously scattered. Personally, I think they should do 25 races a year and get over themselves with their "We need a rest" rubbish. 25 races a year is still just under one race every two weeks, it's more than manageable. Take your break off season.

Rollo
30th April 2015, 14:01
Or on free-to-air in Oz:

April 3: Australia, Albert Park
May 1: Russia, Sochi
June 12: Canada, Montreal
July 17: Europe, Baku
August 28: Belgium, Spa-Francorchamps
September 25: Malaysia, Sepang
October 30: Mexico, Mexico City

Rumour has it that the number of free-to-air races drops from 10 (9) to 7.

AndyL
30th April 2015, 17:08
Personally, I think they should do 25 races a year and get over themselves with their "We need a rest" rubbish. 25 races a year is still just under one race every two weeks, it's more than manageable. Take your break off season.

With 25 races a year at one every two weeks, when would be off-season? :confused: A fortnight over Christmas?

AAReagles
2nd May 2015, 09:28
21 races but in recent years we've often seen a race or two dropped before the final schedule is in place.

Maybe we should start another PICKEMS sub-forum; where we decide which circuits will NOT last on the schedule.

Winners get a free T- shirt of the event they picked with the track-layout image on it that fades in sunlight, but reappears when you wash it.

No?

steveaki13
2nd May 2015, 10:37
25 races every two weeks equals 50 weeks Black Knight :p

zako85
4th May 2015, 13:19
I wouldn't be surprised if Baku GP falls through. Will they be able to afford it? I know that Azerbaijan is an oil rich post-Soviet state, but most of its hydrocarbon wealth is being siphoned off by its notoriously corrupt and authoritarian president, his buddies, family members and others in the government. An average azeri citizen is struggling to make the ends meet, and that's why many of them look for work in the economic powerhouse known as Russia. The recently falling oil prices had an effect on Azeri economy. Manat, their national currency supposedly depreciated quite a bit against dollar last month. Not a good sign.

The FIA GT race in Baku didn't look bad. I liked the fast runs along the shore, but I didn't like the section through the old city with narrow streets and 90 degree turns. I think this could be a good circuit for Formula E.

The Black Knight
5th May 2015, 10:11
With 25 races a year at one every two weeks, when would be off-season? :confused: A fortnight over Christmas?

Haha, I mean they could easily fit 25 races in between March and November time. There are 238 days between 20th March 2016 and November 13th 2016, so that is 34 weeks. It should be easy to fit 25 races in this time frame and they still have 9 weekends free to pamper themselves. Personally, I feel there should be a race every weekend but geographical location doesn't really allow for it.

anfield5
5th May 2015, 22:14
I like a 21 week season. It works well with enough down time.

What I would like to see is an end to all the garbage that surrounds who hosts races.

How is this for a suggestion Bernie.

13 races are set in stone, that are always on, they don't have to scramble for contracts, they are fixtures. (not in any suggested order, just listed randomly)
1. Brazil
2. Australia
3. Japan
4. Canada
5. USA
6. Monaco
7. Great Britain
6. Germany
9. Italy
10. Belgium
11. Spain
12. France
13. Hungary

the other 8 slots are on a four year contract, with two contracts up for renewal/tender every season. so races in San Marino, Russia, China, Malayasia, Tonga, Ethiopia, the floating man made island in the middle of the Arctic ocean etc can tender and have the security of four seasons then either re-tender for another four, or not.

AAReagles
6th May 2015, 00:47
How is this for a suggestion Bernie.

13 races are set in stone, that are always on, they don't have to scramble for contracts, they are fixtures. (not in any suggested order, just listed randomly)
1. Brazil
2. Australia
3. Japan
4. Canada
5. USA
6. Monaco
7. Great Britain
6. Germany
9. Italy
10. Belgium
11. Spain
12. France
13. Hungary

the other 8 slots are on a four year contract, with two contracts up for renewal/tender every season..

After reading this - with regards to Bernie's thought process - I could hear the voice of Spock;

"It appears that logic does not apply here."

Which, of course, could be related to just about anything with Bernie's name on it.

DannyQ
6th May 2015, 13:23
http://motorsportcentral.co.uk/is-it-time-for-formula-1-to-leave-the-old-circuits-behind/

This is interesting the thought of F1 leaving the likes of Monza and possibly Silverstone is a scary prospect, what do you think?

journeyman racer
6th May 2015, 14:22
The answer to that article is "no".

25 races? Geez, some of you??? F1 seriously is just a soap opera to you.

Tazio
6th May 2015, 16:20
http://motorsportcentral.co.uk/is-it-time-for-formula-1-to-leave-the-old-circuits-behind/

This is interesting, the thought of F1 leaving the likes of Monza and possibly Silverstone is a scary prospect, what do you think? So Danny you decided to advertise/link an article you wrote on that web site on this forum, and comment that it is interesting? :laugh:
Is it alright if we just comment here, or would you prefer we patronize your site, and are the "hits" that important? :laugh:

As for your article; it is a bit provocative in a self promoting sort of way, which is OK, I read a lot of articles along this vein, but honestly don't appreciate this type of journalism too much. I'm not saying I think it is bad journalism, only that I'm not a fan of these types od pseudo political subjects. But good luck with your site mate ;)

AAReagles
6th May 2015, 22:13
... the thought of F1 leaving the likes of Monza and possibly Silverstone is a scary prospect, what do you think?

Given the current situation, I'd say it's quite possible. And if it did happen, Ecclestone & Co., would cash in their chips while more fans would (perhaps temporarily) find other activities to pursue. If Silverstone and/or Monza goes, it would be the final straw within the fanbase orgin.

F1 won't survive much longer if such poor judgement continues to plague management. Never thought I'd see the day draw near. Then again I thought the same about the Indianapolis 500.

Guess I'm just glad I was around to appreciate the sport for what it once was - when the events themselves occupied the headlines, instead of the dubious personalities.