PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Race - Bahrain

steveaki13
19th April 2015, 18:14
Who has sucked more than a vacuum cleaner today :D

Mark
19th April 2015, 18:41
Rosberg for being unable to attach his steering wheel.

steveaki13
19th April 2015, 18:43
Vettel - 4 mistakes in driving today, giving away positions, time and breaking his car.

Mercedes brakes - Both failing at the end.

Renault - Another failure.

AndyL
19th April 2015, 18:46
Merhi finished 44 seconds behind his team-mate, that's impressively unimpressive.

Tazio
19th April 2015, 18:48
Seb for giving a podium away, and just general driving like Sh!t.

Got to give Maldo a mention he was fairly out of control.....again :p:

steveaki13
19th April 2015, 18:50
Merhi finished 44 seconds behind his team-mate, that's impressively unimpressive.

Good spot

truefan72
19th April 2015, 18:51
yup probably merhi, when i saw the (broken) live timing i thought it was a mistake
vettel's mistake can be forgiven for pushing hard to stay ahead of the mercs,

no other donkeys though

A FONDO
19th April 2015, 19:02
No major donkeys for me. Some people had bad day or week but nothing unforgivable.

Yeah Vettel made plenty of mistakes during the race but he's always been poor at this track. Still he was very strong in Saturday.

janneppi
19th April 2015, 19:39
Donkey was me for fuming over the return of the 2nd Ferrari driver strategy which concentrates on irrational tyre strategies, looks like they had a plan after all. ;)

The Black Knight
19th April 2015, 20:11
Maldonado as usual - donkey!

AndyL
19th April 2015, 20:49
Donkey was me for fuming over the return of the 2nd Ferrari driver strategy which concentrates on irrational tyre strategies, looks like they had a plan after all. ;)

I was thinking the same as you, and from the radio messages it sounded like Kimi did a bit too. But it turned out the team got it right. Kimi's engineer should have told him "leave me alone, I know what to do" :)

veeten
19th April 2015, 21:03
Oh, janne... a few more seconds, and they would've been playing the Finnish national anthem... ;) :D

Tazio
19th April 2015, 21:14
That was a perfect strategy because that is where Kimi's real strength lies now. With the kind of pit-work they are doing, and the added bonus of Ferrari reliability, it was only Seb's stupid driving that kept them from having both cars on the podium. In fact I think they could have finished 1-2 if Kimi was maybe a little cleaner out of the high speed turns, and Seb wasn't the most mistake-prone driver in the points.
Seb is my donkey of the race hands down!

driveace
19th April 2015, 22:03
Mclaren for not even getting into Q3 yesterday with Button and a non start for Button today

Tazio
19th April 2015, 22:12
Mclaren for not even getting into Q3 yesterday with Button and a non start for Button todayDefinitely up there!
Good call mate!

airshifter
20th April 2015, 01:49
During the race - Pastor again. He forgot they even had a track the first lap and drove wherever he wanted, and still managed contact during the race.

Before the race - McLaren/Honda for not being able to at least get a limping Jenson to the starting line

Rollo
20th April 2015, 04:00
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--S_8t-GNZ--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/xa5xonmxoqyxv9zpatxp.gif

"You know it's funny, these people, they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good... They wake up the next day and they're on fire."

Jag_Warrior
20th April 2015, 04:42
^^^Good call, Rollo. Yes, I'd say Renault and Maldonado are to be the perpetual donkeys all season long.

I'm not sure I'd give Seb a donkey badge, but he certainly choked more times in this one race than I believe he has in some entire seasons. It's entirely possible that, had he kept it together, Ferrari could have scored a 2nd and 3rd today.

Storm
20th April 2015, 07:27
Atleast if Renault end up leaving they are going out with a bang! best blow-up in a long time.....as where and when it happened!

schmenke
20th April 2015, 16:39
The marshal with the fire extinguisher in the Lotus pit box.

N. Jones
20th April 2015, 16:46
Maldonado for me. No explanation needed.

Osella
20th April 2015, 17:09
Ferrari - for leaving Kimi on track when losing 4-5 seconds a lap to the Mercs & not realising they could have won that race if they woke up to that fact, as they were concentrating on gaining 1 position..

Mehri, Ericsson, Hulkenberg were all desperately slow, and Maldonado was a retard (literally), but in terms of defeat from the jaws of victory - Ferrari.

steveaki13
20th April 2015, 18:12
The marshal with the fire extinguisher in the Lotus pit box.

I love how amongst many mechanics, he just stepped in and started firing at the brakes. Only for two mechanics to shove him and probably say "WTF are you doing man" :D

steveaki13
20th April 2015, 18:13
Mehri, Ericsson, Hulkenberg were all desperately slow, and Maldonado was a retard (literally), but in terms of defeat from the jaws of victory - Ferrari.

Ericcson was in 8th to be fair until a wheel problem in a pitstop.