PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of China

A FONDO
12th April 2015, 10:47
Who else than Maldonado :p

Ricardo was also poor, some pretty weird moves and slow pace.

truefan72
12th April 2015, 11:08
i was encouraged and both disappointing by maldonado, although the button incident is 100% button's fault

i will also give a serous donkey to the sauber drivers
The care is quick but the driver's inexperience is costing them
Erricson will never perform up to the car's abilities
and nasr is still to green.

2 more experienced drivers would have improved the car's performance today.

But the award, hands down, goes to rsoberg for his absurd comical and contradictory comments
in the press junket after the podium press conference, he kept up his nonsensical issue, but then said that vettel couldn't get close to him anyway because his tires would have been compromised,
then he went on about having to stay on his tires longer and piting later?
blah. blah, blah, next he will be blaming the sun for shining in his eyes

dj_bytedisaster
12th April 2015, 11:16
Who else than Maldonado :p

Ricardo was also poor, some pretty weird moves and slow pace.

Last year he was the next best thing...

rjbetty
12th April 2015, 11:24

Ouch. Someone's fulla hate here ;)

rjbetty
12th April 2015, 11:27
Have to go for Rosberg maybe.

Toto Wolff as I don't think he could bring himself to congratulate Hamilton?

Max Verstappen's critics. I never doubted the guy. Raikkonen, Kvyat, Verstappen...

Mia 01
12th April 2015, 11:34
Sorry to say, it has to be Jenson this time.

The Black Knight
12th April 2015, 12:49
Maldonado for an awful race, plus he's a donkey.
Button for crashing into him in a very rare mistake.
Rosberg for his stupid comments post race.

The Black Knight
12th April 2015, 12:51
Have to go for Rosberg maybe.

Toto Wolff as I don't think he could bring himself to congratulate Hamilton?

Max Verstappen's critics. I never doubted the guy. Raikkonen, Kvyat, Verstappen...

Well you don't get a race at 17 years old in F1 if you don't have serious talent and all the indications from the first couple of races convey an image of a very mature and exceptional talent. He has certainly proved his critics wrong and is a thoroughly likable character. Good for him.

AndyL
12th April 2015, 13:02
Renault.

journeyman racer
12th April 2015, 13:21
Button - Negligent. It's easy to pick on Maldonado, but at least he only stuffed up his own race.

Special mentions go to...

Maldonado of course.

Ricciardo - Struggling to deal with the reality of not going for wins, I think.

Hamilton fans - Hamilton's won again, and they're banging on about some **** Rosberg said after the race.

Who gives a ****?

Pathetic.

Warriwa
12th April 2015, 13:28
Renault
The men struggling to squeeze Verstappen's car through a little gap. Hilarious viewing. I wonder if Bernie liked or loathed this?

truefan72
12th April 2015, 17:34
Sorry to say, it has to be Jenson this time.

man i totally forgot about that incidents,
yes, a deserving donkey as well
I wonder what the resolution was with the post race investigation

pino
12th April 2015, 17:54
Renault !!!

N4D13
12th April 2015, 18:08
Maldonado takes it for me, then Button and Renault. It's just ironic that after a string of mistakes, Maldo gets taken out not through his own fault.

Tazio
12th April 2015, 18:54
Sadly I have to say it was Button. I realize he was trying to get some help by drafting in a car that is still woefully slow, and even giving him full marks for that he still caused a rather serious accident.

COD
12th April 2015, 19:28
Pastor, for his many donkey moves

kfzmeister
12th April 2015, 20:07
1.Renault, for sure. How sad.
2.Maldonado for his always entertaining driving style. Unfortunately, he got taken out by Button. Karma?
I can't really vote for Button here, since it is so uncharacteristic for him. I actually think he got caught out by the unexpected speed down the straight of the Macca.

Storm
12th April 2015, 20:55
The men struggling to squeeze Verstappen's car through a little gap. Hilarious viewing. I wonder if Bernie liked or loathed this?

This. Funny and more entertaining than the actual race :s

Button too. living upto his can't pass name :p:

anfield5
12th April 2015, 22:12
Pastor the Gorilla was as entertaining awful as always. Kudos to JB for nerfing the moron out of the way.

The marshals trying to remove Max's broken STR were hilarious and deserve a special mention as well. Hamilton for getting bitch -slapped by the team for attempting to back his team mate up into the Ferrari's, and Rosberg for whinging about it rather than trying to get past.

steveaki13
12th April 2015, 23:31
Maldonado - for turning a positive start into a disaster
Button - Silly mistake from JB and deserves a mention.
Ricciardo - Dont know what was wrong today.

N. Jones
13th April 2015, 03:20
Red Bull. It can't be all Renault's fault!

truefan72
13th April 2015, 05:31
Red Bull. It can't be all Renault's fault!

exactly,

Especially with the brake issue. that is a design flaw, and a usual newey thing of designing a package too tightly with too much deferential treatment given to the aero rather than mechanical

yodasarmpit
13th April 2015, 12:13
Renault

jens
14th April 2015, 11:16

Let's be honest. 17 is a ridiculously young age for an F1 driver. We have even seen some decently talented 19-20 year old rookies struggling in F1 initially.

When Max was signed up by an F1 team, it was clear he must have been very talented, because otherwise he would not have been picked up SO FAST. But it was still open in the air, how well can a 17-y-o do. Because it is a precedent in F1. Never done before.

In the end Red Bull/Toro Rosso knew what they were doing and Max Verstappen is probably the best 17-year-old racing driver of all times! I somehow doubt Schumacher or Senna would have been that good in F1 at 17. What were they doing at that age by the way, still karting?

It is scary to think, what can this kid do once he has actually got some experience under his belt...

jens
14th April 2015, 11:22
Donkeys.

Maldonado of course. And Sainz.
Overall drivers all seemed competent, because if you noticed team-mates were mostly running one after another. Mercedes, Ferraris, Williamses, Lotuses, Saubers, etc. This "list" was only ruined by Maldo and Sainz, who spun and dropped well behind.

Among car packages. Renault and Honda power units. If The Black Knight has 'Maldonado' as a standard answer for donkeys, then Honda is a pretty safe answer among technical components.:)

jens
14th April 2015, 13:14

I still think Ricciardo is great though now we have Verstappen, who is now the "next best thing" people talk about.

Ricciardo's season of capitalizing all he could and getting 3 wins in a clearly off-pace car was reminiscent of Schumacher from 1996 or Senna from 1993. Just because he has had rubbish cars during the rest of his F1 career, does not undo the underlying talent.

zako85
14th April 2015, 14:21
The Donkeys:

Button for crashing into the back of Maldonado's car.

Maldonado.

Lotus: the guys can't stay even in front of McLarens despite using the dominant Mercedes engine.

Rosberg: Acting as Hamilton's number two driver, but later suddenly complaining in public about how Hamilton did not take care of Rosberg's tires or race. Geez. Nico, either get over it or start attacking him. Talk is worth very little.