PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to watch Indy 2015?

airshifter
29th March 2015, 19:39
I just set the DVR for today, since I have things to do during the middle to end of the race.

Is anyone even planning on tuning in this year? :laugh:

jimispeed
29th March 2015, 21:50
I just set the DVR for today, since I have things to do during the middle to end of the race.

Is anyone even planning on tuning in this year? :laugh:

Well, so far the color commentary hasn't changed. Boring and without any excitement. They might as well be covering a golf match! Good race so far though.

philipbain
29th March 2015, 22:29
It strikes me that there are a lot of cautions being caused by parts getting detatched from the cars fancy new aero body kits!! perhaps they ought to mandate something a little more robust, perhaps a front wing made from rubberised plastic like the bumper on a car!

Doc Austin
30th March 2015, 01:38
They have so much crap hanging off these cars that they shed parts just passing each other. The bodykits are awful. They look terrible and they cause a debris hazard.

Starter
30th March 2015, 03:47
Didn't watch I had a more important automotive event to attend today.

zako85
31st March 2015, 03:25
It's so ironic that so many cautions were caused by the very aero parts that were supposed to make IndyCar racing great again. Instead, we see book sized chunks of plastic flying around. As for the race, it was a snoozefest until Montoya somehow got in front of Power after a successful pit stop in the final 20 laps. However, one thirds of those laps was interrupted by commercials, including the moment when the two cars touched.

I am not fan of the way the new aero parts look. Kind of big and crude. Almost something you could see being made in the Top Gear garage.

mr_swiss
31st March 2015, 15:27
I was looking forward to the new areokits from the day the new car was introduced.
Seeing them now, not a fan of it at all. Too ugly (bulky) , too flimsy and additional cost for really nothing.

However, i'll be watching Indy Car. Going to Long Beach and Fontana.

airshifter
7th April 2015, 05:32
Aero bit, aero bits everywhere. Great to see JPM doing so well, but those are some fragile parts flying all over the track. I hope they do something about it before they accept that 3 or 4 cautions to pick up winglet pieces shouldn't be a normal thing.

mr_swiss
12th April 2015, 21:55
1hr and 10 minutes into the race at NOLA, 29 laps down of 75.
Eventhough it's wet, ridiculous number of yellows.

zako85
13th April 2015, 14:14
1hr and 10 minutes into the race at NOLA, 29 laps down of 75.
Eventhough it's wet, ridiculous number of yellows.

After watching the first 20 laps of the race, I thought I'd eventually come here and say, "give us more of races like this". Things have certainly changed later on, but you have to admit that a lot of the mayhem was due to the terrible racing conditions in the wet. Personally, I think the track layout is fantastic, and it can lead to very dynamic races with lots of competition and overtaking. I hope N.O. stays on the calendar the following seasons because this racetrack has a lot of potential.

mr_swiss
13th April 2015, 20:44
After watching the first 20 laps of the race, I thought I'd eventually come here and say, "give us more of races like this". Things have certainly changed later on, but you have to admit that a lot of the mayhem was due to the terrible racing conditions in the wet. Personally, I think the track layout is fantastic, and it can lead to very dynamic races with lots of competition and overtaking. I hope N.O. stays on the calendar the following seasons because this racetrack has a lot of potential.

Yes, i do hope the race stays on the calendar. It is a very nice facility and it's great to see a new road course on the schedule.
I would have thought the track would have been built with better drainage.
I don't think track conditions were that bad, it did not rain after all and even announcer mentioned that the drivers should know by know where the water is running across the track and be a bit more careful.
Happy to see Hinch win the parade though, and good showing for Simona as well