PDA

View Full Version : About Q2 session

P3ws
29th March 2015, 12:53
During that seassion the rain was heavy. Why did they not stop the session?
Nobody came out from pits i know.

Thing is: It was not drivable why wasenīt the Q2 clock timing stopped?

For accident they stop the time seen that before.

Does the rulebook not apply when everyone allready set times?

Totally confused on that on. It really was undrivable but session time just kept ticking.

Koz
29th March 2015, 13:01
I think the logic behind that was simply that there was no possibility of anyone improving, so they let the time run out just to be done with the session.

P3ws
29th March 2015, 13:07
So rules donīt apply? Why have rules if they donīt apply... Very odd.
There must be safety regulations that would have applied in this case.
Just becoz you canīt improve is not a legit argument. Rules are rules.

steveaki13
29th March 2015, 13:58
I have to say I wondered that.

I mean had a driver gone out when it was pouring suddenly the red flags would have come out. Strange.

airshifter
29th March 2015, 16:49
I have to say I wondered that.

I mean had a driver gone out when it was pouring suddenly the red flags would have come out. Strange.

I was wondering where the ruling is on this myself. The cars all pulled in as they obviously weren't going to improve their times, but the safety car went out and did a lap (maybe two?) before they even started Q3. I suspect that if it had been raining that hard before Q2 started, they would have delayed it.

Parts of Q2 looked like a race, with so many cars trying to get track position to get in a decent lap.

At least it shook up the field some, but personally if something like this happened near the end of the season and shuffled the WDC and/or team standings, I could see people getting really upset. I don't think it was really a very well thought out process.

inimitablestoo
29th March 2015, 17:05
There were no cars flying off the track in Q2, so no need to stop the session. Granted, there were no cars flying off the track because there were no cars on the track, but that's the way it goes. I had no problem with it.

N4D13
29th March 2015, 17:17
As far as I'm concerned, it would have been quite stupid to stop Q2. The track would have taken ages to get dry; a wet track wouldn't have allowed anyone to improve their times. And even if they had waited until it was completely dry, which would have been an extremely arbitrary thing to do, it would have been difficult for anyone to put in a good time considering that the track would be a lot greener then.

Oh, and there's also the fact that they might have run out of daylight had they waited for the track to dry up.

P3ws
29th March 2015, 17:32
As far as I'm concerned, it would have been quite stupid to stop Q2. The track would have taken ages to get dry; a wet track wouldn't have allowed anyone to improve their times. And even if they had waited until it was completely dry, which would have been an extremely arbitrary thing to do, it would have been difficult for anyone to put in a good time considering that the track would be a lot greener then.

Oh, and there's also the fact that they might have run out of daylight had they waited for the track to dry up.

I totally agree on most of that. But i think if they do not go by the book and we accept it then again we have to accept other decisions as well even if they are not by the book, and this i find very very dangerous. We did loose a driver just last year was it?
Fact of the matter is, conditions were so bad that the red light should have been used. Everything else is just bending them rules.

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 17:48
I don't see the problem here.

Everyone got in a lap before it rain.
Once the rain started, it is obvious that times made in the rain will never beat times made when it is dry.
Therefore, everyone stayed in the garage.

The Black Knight
30th March 2015, 09:14
During that seassion the rain was heavy. Why did they not stop the session?
Nobody came out from pits i know.

Thing is: It was not drivable why wasenīt the Q2 clock timing stopped?

For accident they stop the time seen that before.

Does the rulebook not apply when everyone allready set times?

Totally confused on that on. It really was undrivable but session time just kept ticking.

To be frank, I think Q3 should have gone ahead as planned. These guys are the best drivers in the world so they should have to go out and race no matter what the conditions but it appears the days of running in full wet conditions in F1 without a safety car are now over. I think this is a shame and the sport has lost something with this. When was the last time we had a proper wet race where the cars were allowed to drive unhindered?

steveaki13
30th March 2015, 23:15
I agree Black Knight

Full wets seem pointless these days. Drivers complain about spray, but we have all seen racing in worse conditions than they ever run in now.

anfield5
30th March 2015, 23:51
There was no point to stopping the session. Even if they had and the rain stopped the track would have been washed clean and therefore much slower, so no one even on a dry track would have bettered their already set times, and by stopping the session, it would have delayed the start of Q3. Since Q3 was fairly late in the evening and with dark clouds around, it may have become too dark to continue