PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Race - Malaysia

steveaki13
29th March 2015, 10:27
No poll for this as its more fluid.

Give your thoughts. ;)

N4D13
29th March 2015, 10:50
It's tempting to say Macca, but you could kind of expect them to be retiring. They did show a massive improvement in form from Oz, so I can't really single them out.

Red Bull, however, have turned a potential race winner from last year into a total dog. They can blame Renault as much as they like, but they've finished even behind the two Toro Rosso.

Oh, and Ericsson and Nasr get a mention for a very poor race. Although I'm guessing that they might have bet everything on a wet race and perhaps that's why it came out that way.

Osella
29th March 2015, 10:54
Charlie Whiting. (and whoever wrote the engine switch-off rule). No reason Ericsson couldn't have been given a push clear of the gravel and avoided an unnecessary safety car.

Mia 01
29th March 2015, 11:36
Nasr, gave Kimi a puncture.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8b50fea546d6a1e7e701cdd85c89c422/tumblr_nlyqn1itEi1qikcuzo1_400.gif

longisland
29th March 2015, 12:21
Merc for getting the strategy wrong.
Ericsson for beaching the car.
Perez for punting Grosjean.
Red Bull for finishing behind Toro Rosso

COD
29th March 2015, 13:19
Nasr. Se ond time ruining Kimi's race and awful pace

airshifter
29th March 2015, 14:11
Merc for getting the strategy wrong.
Ericsson for beaching the car.
Perez for punting Grosjean.
Red Bull for finishing behind Toro Rosso

I also agree with the Charlie Whiting or whoever is responsible for not being able to just push Ericsson back onto the track to avoid the safety car. I would have no problem with the rule saying once beached your race is over, but there was no reason for a safety car.

I also have to add the steward to the donky list for the penalty on Hulkenburg. He was already way up on the curbs with no place to go. If anyone deserved a penalty on that move it was Kvyatt, though I thought personally it was just a racing incident and obviously not intentional.

This also bring a question to my head. With the new hybrid systems, could the car move without the ICE running? Or, could it even use the battery to move and restart the ICE? Even if out of the race, a driver could potentially move the car to a safe place off track.

Storm
29th March 2015, 16:03
I did not see the shenanigans at the start so RBR for turning a decent car into a turd.
and yes, Perez for being silly.

The Black Knight
29th March 2015, 16:32
Mercedes for losing the race after 5 laps.

Maldonado because he's a donkey all the time.

N. Jones
29th March 2015, 18:11
Can I say Alonso for moving to McLaren?
Or how about Mercedes for pulling Hamilton in after what I think is a very short time on the hard compound. No one can beat you! Keep him out there long, build up a lead, and THEN pit!
Perez - he isn't elite, he is Pastor Junior.

Doc Austin
29th March 2015, 19:27
All the incidents seemed to be aggressive overtaking vrs aggressive defensive driving. No one really stood out as a total donkey to me, so I have no vote this week.

airshifter
29th March 2015, 19:31
All the incidents seemed to be aggressive overtaking vrs aggressive defensive driving. No one really stood out as a total donkey to me, so I have no vote this week.

Very true of the on track incidents. That's why I had to say the stewards were donkeys for the penalty on Hulk. In hindsight and after having watched it another couple times, I think the penalty on Perez was just as unwarranted, as either driver could have easily avoided the contact.

yodasarmpit
29th March 2015, 21:34
Merc for the utterly pointless pit stop on lap 4.

anfield5
30th March 2015, 00:52
RedbUll for all of their whinging about how unfair life is and how other teams should be made to slow down and let the catch up. It is getting rather boring listening to it. Maybe Redbull should concentrate on at least catching up to STR instead of the constant crying and complaining to teacher.

journeyman racer
30th March 2015, 09:33
One or a combination of Martin Guptill, Corey Anderson, Luke Ronchi, Aaron Finch!

AndyL
30th March 2015, 11:20
I also agree with the Charlie Whiting or whoever is responsible for not being able to just push Ericsson back onto the track to avoid the safety car. I would have no problem with the rule saying once beached your race is over, but there was no reason for a safety car.

It did seem like pretty much exactly the sort of situation they came up with the virtual safety car system for. I wonder why they didn't use it.

Rollo
30th March 2015, 12:32
Rupert Murdoch.

It's now 09:30pm on a Monday night after the race has been run and won and we're only getting an hour of highlights now.

Tazio
30th March 2015, 16:03
Beside myself, for passing out before the live race,
and falling asleep for the Spanish speaking, and NBC replays.
I did manage to see about the first 10 and last 6 laps. :arrowed::snore: :laugh:
So I'm just giving it to Bernie.
I wonder what he has to say after badmouthing the shit out of Seb. just a few days ago:

The 84-year-old is good friends with four-time champion Sebastian Vettel but has told the German he should be marketing himself and F1 as Hamilton does.
"It's always good whatever Lewis says, even if it's silly," Ecclestone added. "It's great for the sport."
http://www.newindianexpress.com/spor...cle2734088.ece (http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/Hamilton-Is-the-Sports-Greatest-Champion-Ecclestone/2015/03/28/article2734088.ece)
He really has forgotten what it is about F1 we appreciate.

Doc Austin
30th March 2015, 17:40
I like Vettel just the way he is. He's a great champion.

Jag_Warrior
30th March 2015, 19:39
I also have to add the steward to the donky list for the penalty on Hulkenburg.

I agree. This was my "what the hell?!" moment. Hulk got a penalty for a racing incident and Button didn't even get a review for what he did to Perez in Australia - which was a lot worse and more obvious, IMO.

jens
31st March 2015, 01:41
The race produced so many positives I even forgot about the donkeys.:D

I am sad though that Ericsson threw away his race in a weekend, where he seemed genuinely competitive. Wasn't he around 7th or 8th before the crash? What a shame. I suspect he'll have a hard time replicating that in the future.

Force India for having basically a rubbish chassis given their great engine, but it was sort of half-expected given their financial troubles.

keysersoze
31st March 2015, 03:12
I felt Hulkenberg's penalty was warranted. Kyvat got him clean and clear on the inside and Nico made an ill-advised lunge. I admit I only looked at the replay once, however.

The Perez penalty may have been warranted, though Romain must have known he was vulnerable, as he wasn't ahead of Sergio. I think Grosjean's whining like a school girl on the radio helped decide Perez's fate.

Donkeys to Ericsson.

Tazio
31st March 2015, 03:19
I like Vettel just the way he is. He's a great champion.I was rather indifferent to Seb although I have finally started to warm to Red Bull. But......Now that Bernie has explained to me what is wrong with Seb as a champ I have to like the guy.
May the forza be with him!! :burnout:

http://i.imgur.com/cI3rGBS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZtLCWCJ.jpg

CNR
31st March 2015, 06:28
channel ten the first of the one hour highlight

kfzmeister
1st April 2015, 03:46
Erickson