PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race- Australia

steveaki13
15th March 2015, 07:35
Another season, another vote. :)

N4D13
15th March 2015, 07:37
Lewis hasn't put a foot wrong, so my vote goes for him. I know everyone is tempted to say Nasr but it's difficult for me to rate him since he doesn't really have a comparable teammate.

I think everyone who finished did a perfectly fine job. :)

dj_bytedisaster
15th March 2015, 07:37
Nasr for me.

Robinho
15th March 2015, 07:39
Nasr and Button

longisland
15th March 2015, 07:39
Lewis followed by Nasr.
Sauber is my team of the day. From Giedoed to Hero

Tazio
15th March 2015, 07:40
Boss, Seb.

steveaki13
15th March 2015, 07:42
Driver of the Race:

Felipe Nasr - I thought this young guy done a great job today. I know we had few runners, but he was calm and held off an albeit labouring Red Bull.

Other Mentions:
Lewis Hamilton - Great driving all weekend, he got pole at a canter and did not put a foot wrong all race.
Sebastian Vettel- Solid drive for his new team. Done all he could.
Jenson Button - Kept going in a dog of a Mclaren, battled hard and gave it his all.

rjbetty
15th March 2015, 07:42
Hammy maybe. Came back from not as good a pre-season testing as Nico.

Nasr stood out- I'll give it to him. Mature drive to hold off Ricciardo, while still securing gold dust points. Big thumbs up.

Toro Rosso drivers. Had no doubt Max wouldn't be too young. Sainz shone too.

Maybe Jenson and McLaren, believe it or not, as I estimated their chaces of simply reaching the finish at 0.0003% (tmnt)

jens
15th March 2015, 07:51
Vettel and Nasr for me.:)

About 'underdog votes', who haven't got a mention yet, why not Hülkenberg? Silently dragged this struggling Force India into good points again.

Tazio
15th March 2015, 07:54
I'm changing my vote to Jensen

Hawkmoon
15th March 2015, 07:55
Nasr drove well in a car that should have been down there with the McLarens if the off-season was any guide.

I hope Sauber can develop that car a bit this year because the Ferrari power plant seems like it's quite potent.

Ranger
15th March 2015, 07:59
Felipe Nasr, Carlos Sainz Jr. Both showed they belong in F1.

journeyman racer
15th March 2015, 11:52
I think I might participate in these threads, now I'm on here for a second F1 season.

Felipe Nasr - Primarily due an unexpected performance and result.

Rollo
15th March 2015, 12:05
Nasr.

Who polited a car which got less time than it should have due to legal wranglings, and for posting a good result despite the idiocy within the team,

In one race, Nasr scored more points on debut than Sauber did for the entire of 2014

A FONDO
15th March 2015, 12:33
Vettel did a great job. He is my No.1 this time.

About Nasr, he collided twice in the beginning. Can't greet him for that.

TheFamousEccles
15th March 2015, 14:08
In no particular order: Hamilton, Nasr, Rosberg, Hukenberg, Vettel, Sainz. I will add a very parochial encouragement award to Danny R for stroking the RBR11 home to points. Go boyo!

TheFamousEccles
15th March 2015, 14:09
Or whatever iteration of thing it is...

The Black Knight
15th March 2015, 15:47
Hamilton get DOTD for me. Always in control and looked like he could pull out a gap over Rosberg with ease any time he wanted.

Fantastic drives from Nasr, Sainz and Vettel as well. Ricciardo was great as well.

Unlucky weekend for Verstappen. Mistake in qualifying and car issues today. Going to be interesting to see how he develops over the course of the year.

Mia 01
15th March 2015, 15:54
Felipe Nasr!

Doc Austin
15th March 2015, 16:38
The performances of the rookies really saved the race for me. Nasr obviously, but Sainz was much more solid than I was expecting, and fast too. Verstappen did not quite live up to the hype, but had a good race, got some miles and stayed out of trouble. I'm going to spread the award out between those three. I think a few years down the road after they have all moved up to competitive drives they will be the next generation. In the old days, we called these kind of guys "young lions," and yesterday they lived up to it.

keysersoze
15th March 2015, 16:42
Lewis, obviously.
Nasr for an excellent debut.
Vettel have Ferrari back on--Fernando who?
Sainz looked good early
FIndia did well to get both cars home after a difficult test season.

Duncan
15th March 2015, 18:47
1. Lewis for stamping his authority on the season from the get-go
2. Felipe Nasr for fighting his way to a great finish (and way faster than his teammate) despite all the team turmoil in his first F1 race
3. Vettel for putting in a good result after moving to a new team that was in disarray at the end of last season

Honorable mentions to Carlos Sainz and Max Verstappen for great debut performances and calmness under pressure.

airshifter
15th March 2015, 19:46
1. Lewis for stamping his authority on the season from the get-go
2. Felipe Nasr for fighting his way to a great finish (and way faster than his teammate) despite all the team turmoil in his first F1 race
3. Vettel for putting in a good result after moving to a new team that was in disarray at the end of last season

Honorable mentions to Carlos Sainz and Max Verstappen for great debut performances and calmness under pressure.

This is about as close as I could get to picking people, but really the Merc is so dominant that in the case of Lewis it only proves he is out driving Nico.

I personally think that if both Ferrari's and Williams cars get rid of the problems it will be harder and harder to pick. And I hope RB recover enough to get back into that three (or maybe four with Sauber) way battle for "best of the rest". I think Merc are far too dominant for anyone to really give them any battle unless reliability comes into the fray.

anfield5
15th March 2015, 20:33
Has to be Nasr. He was heavily lambasted as a useless pay-driver pre season, based on his less than consistent GP2 form, but he didn't put a foot wrong all weekend, especially good effort considering missing Friday session, and having the Sauber bullshit to contend with, plus there was the bonus of nerffing Maldonado off at turn one :)

Hamilton was faultless, but in that Merc he only had Nico to play with. Vettel also worth a mention for a faultless drive, and the STR kids both distinguished themselves.

Doc Austin
15th March 2015, 20:36
Has to be Nasr....... there was the bonus of nerffing Maldonado off at turn one :)

Now that's some funny stuff! :D