PDA

View Full Version : HD Tonite!!!

Wilf
20th April 2007, 18:09
Finally we have a chance to see IndyCar in HD. The video stream from IndyCar timing and scoring which is provided by WhiteBox is going to try to stream the video from Motegi in HD. It appears as though the production company doing the video at the track will be using HD cameras and if WhiteBox can get that feed they will stream it as an HD signal.

Now, if you have the right connectors on your computer you can link your computer to your HD tv and get real HD on your TV. Obviously the extra data in an HD stream will have some effect on throughput, but the amount is unknkown at this time.

There is nothing indicating whether or not the tape delay tomorrow at 3 PM will be in HD. But, we have a chance tonight to see it begining at 9 PM.

NoFender
20th April 2007, 18:33
I'm sure someday I'll buy a HD boob tube, but I don't really see the need for one right now. Maybe a house full of kids has something to do with that, but even still, I don't see what the fuss is all about.Not sayin it isn't pretty neat, just another thing to suck money out of my pocket.