PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming short film feature on rallying

lewalcindor
5th March 2015, 17:44
It's about a driver in the Group B era, and it's titled (appropriately enough) "Group B":

http://films.jalopnik.com/robb-stark-races-in-rallyings-deadliest-era-in-new-film-1689465310/+matthardigree

The stunt driver for the film is David Higgins, who can be seen nowadays in Rally America, where he beats the living snot out of a field of lousy amateur drivers (he's the only works team-supported driver in the series AFAIK).

Livewireshock
6th March 2015, 04:29
Certainly looks interesting, I guess it will be a case of watch this space until it is released.

kirungi okwogera
8th March 2015, 09:18
Wow, this just makes me wish for a "Rush" type of period blockbuster set in group-b days. But a short will do. Looks like good fun.

Actually, call me crazy but while the obvious movie subjects could be some of the big personalities - Rohrl, Mikkola, Toivonen etc. - I'd love to see a film that followed Michele Mouton all the way up to her runner-up to Rohrl in 1982... reading the wikipedia about it has built in drama. Even setting aside the amazement of a woman reaching the top level of the sport in the early 80s when that seems out of the question even now in 2015. She won more rallies (3) that year than anyone else. She finds out her father has died on the eve of the Rallye Cote D'Ivoire where she can pull to within 2 points of Rohrl, and her father's dying wish is that she start the rally... Brutal conditions, Rohrl claimed the cars were 70° C (!) during the rally, she led him by half an hour, the lead drops slowly due to transmission problems, finally under pressure she rolls, drives 5km in the wrecked car and finally has to give up. I think that's a movie.

raybak
8th March 2015, 10:27
We are going to be shooting a short film with a Triumph TR7 V8 rallycar later this year. Will post links once done.

Ray