PDA

View Full Version : Movie Extra

raybak
20th February 2015, 12:40
Have been an extra in a new sci-fi thriller the last few days. Today I actually was given lines, how good is that.

My first time as a movie extra and this has happened, has it happened to others on here?

Doing more work next week that involves helicopter action which should be fun.

The fight scenes are awesome, but there are so many takes for different angles.

Movie will be released early 2016.

Will let you know the release date when it gets closer.

Ray

Mark
23rd February 2015, 15:15
Awesome! What part are you playing?

anfield5
23rd February 2015, 23:54
Was an extra in the Last Samurai 10 plus years ago in New Plymouth. Unlike you I was only trusted to mill about in a crowd.

The weird thing was how the ahem.... stars treated the extras. Some of them (no names :)) had the production crew inform the extras, that under no circumstances were you to make eye contact, or even think about thinking bout speaking to them (arrogant twats), while others were like humans and would speak and joke around with every one.

Being 6 feet 5. I was also not allowed in the same shot as the midget 'star' of the movie, as his lordship is only 5 feet 6 and would only come up to my shoulders

Rollo
24th February 2015, 02:35
Today I actually was given lines, how good is that.

Lines!
That's excellent.

Lines = a credit at the end.

Being Man On Corner No.3 or Lady In Shop is brilliant. Being the last credit in a film is about as good as being the Lanterne Rouge carrier on Le Tour.

raybak
24th February 2015, 08:17
Awesome! What part are you playing?

Playing the part of an evil Doctor controlling a brainwashed scientist crew.

Has been an awesome experience, the actors have been great, plenty of jokes.

What has been great has been being involved in the fight scenes with fighting all around me and me ducking out of the way.

Finish shooting this weekend, then they wreckon the movie will be out early next year.

janvanvurpa
24th February 2015, 22:24
Was an extra in the Last Samurai 10 plus years ago in New Plymouth. Unlike you I was only trusted to mill about in a crowd.

The weird thing was how the ahem.... stars treated the extras. Some of them (no names :)) had the production crew inform the extras, that under no circumstances were you to make eye contact, or even think about thinking bout speaking to them (arrogant twats), while others were like humans and would speak and joke around with every one.

Being 6 feet 5. I was also not allowed in the same shot as the midget 'star' of the movie, as his lordship is only 5 feet 6 and would only come up to my shoulders

Oh go ahead and name names silly wabbit, its not like we'll tell anybody...was that in fact the midget "star" of the movie?

Tazio
25th February 2015, 03:27
Oh go ahead and name names silly wabbit, its not like we'll tell anybody...was that in fact the midget "star" of the movie?
Ok so Tom Cruise is a propper dick, now there's a news flash! :dozey:

raybak
7th March 2015, 06:50
Had to do some re shoots of scenes on Monday as we had a new star - Billy Zane to work with.

Talked cars a bit with him, he's quite keen to do movie that involves racing or rallying.

Watch this space for maybe a collaboration:)

Ray

anfield5
9th March 2015, 20:03
Had to do some re shoots of scenes on Monday as we had a new star - Billy Zane to work with.

Talked cars a bit with him, he's quite keen to do movie that involves racing or rallying.

Watch this space for maybe a collaboration:)

Ray

I'll look out for BillyRay productions in the credits :)

raybak
28th March 2015, 12:15
This is my ride this weekend, doing car chase and crash scenes for the movie. I'm the stunt driver. Had fun today, mostly chase scenes, got a bit of air a couple of times. Can't wait to see how it all looks in the movie.

Feel very lucky to have had this opportunity, gone from being an extra to having lines to now being in car chases, how good is that.

gadjo_dilo
28th March 2015, 16:10
Go on like this and in a few years you'll get the Oscar for the best supporting actor. :p

raybak
29th March 2015, 07:28
Another great day today, some awesome chase scenes. Movie will be out early next year. It's called Blue World Order. The site for the movie is www.bwomovie.com

Ray

anfield5
30th March 2015, 00:41
This is my ride this weekend, doing car chase and crash scenes for the movie. I'm the stunt driver. Had fun today, mostly chase scenes, got a bit of air a couple of times. Can't wait to see how it all looks in the movie.

Feel very lucky to have had this opportunity, gone from being an extra to having lines to now being in car chases, how good is that.

Geez mate driving a DeLorien is an incredibly brave thing to do. Firstly they were dangerous, so credit to you for that, secondly someone might see you in it :)

raybak
30th March 2015, 04:21
Was an evil thing to drive at first, once I got used to handling and the ride height it was ok. The stunt co-ordinator couldn't believe the places I actually drove the car. Had it flat out through rough paddocks, in sand dunes and in a sand quarry. Will have the car in my workshop for a few weeks to restore it before returning it to it's owner.

anfield5
30th March 2015, 22:41
Was an evil thing to drive at first, once I got used to handling and the ride height it was ok. The stunt co-ordinator couldn't believe the places I actually drove the car. Had it flat out through rough paddocks, in sand dunes and in a sand quarry. Will have the car in my workshop for a few weeks to restore it before returning it to it's owner.

Well done, I am very impressed. Best way to improve a Delorien though is to drop it of Beachy Head