PDA

View Full Version : Help re camping for 2015 Austrian Grand Prix

hmmm - donuts
1st February 2015, 21:41
I'm lucky enough to be off to the Austrian GP later this year.

Am looking to take a tent, but have seen that the 'official' campsite is on the pricey side. Just wondered if anyone here has been camping (official campsite or otherwise) for the Austrian GP, and has any useful observations about why I should choose the official as opposed to the unofficial campsites.

Many thanks.

anfield5
2nd February 2015, 00:11
Last time I went (only time I went) I camped on the back lawn of my sister place, it was 5km out of town, but was only a bus ride or hours walking time away.

There are about 5 or 6 camp grounds in and around Melbourne. The problem is they will all be booked solid for GP weekend by now. Any that have spaces will be cashing in on the late comers for the GP and charging like a wounded bull. If you have transport you could try somewhere like Warburton caravan park (70+km) out to the west

Rollo
2nd February 2015, 00:56
I'm lucky enough to be off to the Austrian GP later this year.

There are about 5 or 6 camp grounds in and around Melbourne. The problem is they will all be booked solid for GP weekend by now. Any that have spaces will be cashing in on the late comers for the GP and charging like a wounded bull. If you have transport you could try somewhere like Warburton caravan park (70+km) out to the west

I could be wrong but even if you were to get a nice hotel room in the centre of Melbourne, you'd still be 16,026km away from the Österreichring, or A1-Ring or whatever it's called now.

anfield5
2nd February 2015, 03:27
RedBull Ring

anfield5
2nd February 2015, 03:28
I could be wrong but even if you were to get a nice hotel room in the centre of Melbourne, you'd still be 16,026km away from the Österreichring, or A1-Ring or whatever it's called now.

Oops I read it as Australian GP DOH. DOH. DOH. :)

TheFamousEccles
2nd February 2015, 05:52
:laugh:

airshifter
2nd February 2015, 10:46
Oops I read it as Australian GP DOH. DOH. DOH. :)

I almost did the same. I saw the title of the thread, but my "just woke up" eyes and mind tried to convince me that since Austalia is the season opener most years, that must be the subject. I wasn't sure if you did the same or had incredible walking pace/public transit options!

anfield5
2nd February 2015, 19:45
I almost did the same. I saw the title of the thread, but my "just woke up" eyes and mind tried to convince me that since Austalia is the season opener most years, that must be the subject. I wasn't sure if you did the same or had incredible walking pace/public transit options!

I own my own spaceship, so staying in Melbourne isn't such a big deal :)

zako85
4th February 2015, 09:09
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/111250087/views/1,width=280,height=280,appearanceId=1.png/damn-campers_design.png

steveaki13
4th February 2015, 09:10
:rotflmao: