PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Game

Rollo
29th January 2015, 13:08
F1 needs 1000bhp - but not at any cost, says @NobleF1: http://bit.ly/1z6qPFn #F1
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8gxf9WCUAETPE0.jpg
- Autosport, via Twitter. 29th Jan 2015.

I think that this picture is the beginning of the 1986 German GP and that that's Berger in the Benetton in the lead. That Ferrari doing weird things is Johansson?
Do I win a cookie?

schmenke
29th January 2015, 18:15
'86, eh? So that would be Prost coming up Berger's behind?
Following that is, what, a Renault, driven by Piquet or Mansell?
I'm confused. In '86 was Renault not swapping spit with Lotus under the black and gold JPS covers?

Good photo though.

Doc Austin
29th January 2015, 18:39
I read where Christian Horner said they could probably get 1000 hp out of the current motors if they let them have a higher fuel flow rate and higher RMP.

anfield5
29th January 2015, 20:53
'86, eh? So that would be Prost coming up Berger's behind?
Following that is, what, a Renault, driven by Piquet or Mansell?
I'm confused. In '86 was Renault not swapping spit with Lotus under the black and gold JPS covers?

Good photo though.

No it is Rosberg coming up behing Berger. Mansell is in the Red 5 Williams (5th) and Piquet in the white 6 Williams. In 86 Lotus were in their final year with JPS, so the cars were still black. It was 87 when they were in Camel yellow. You can see Johnny Dumfries' Lotus outside of Alliots Ligier.

Senna is already out of shot and screaming towards the first corner in the other Lotus, so sorry Rollo since Berger isn't in the lead, I can't give you a cookie :(

Interesting to see the teams that never made it, the likes of Zakspeed (palmer and Rotthegatter) and F.O.R.C.E. (Beatrice) (Jones and Tambay)

schmenke
29th January 2015, 22:40
No it is Rosberg coming up behing Berger. Mansell is in the Red 5 Williams (5th) and Piquet in the white 6 Williams. In 86 Lotus were in their final year with JPS, so the cars were still black. It was 87 when they were in Camel yellow. You can see Johnny Dumfries' Lotus outside of Alliots Ligier.

Senna is already out of shot and screaming towards the first corner in the other Lotus, so sorry Rollo since Berger isn't in the lead, I can't give you a cookie ...

Ah, thanks anfield, that explains it. I too was fooled by Rollo's cookie addiction :p: .

Rollo
30th January 2015, 00:04

I'd knew that this could only be '85 or '86 precisely because there were black Lotii and McLarens 1 & 2; it also must have been '86 because in '85 it was Laudaš in 1 and Prost in 2. I could also only think of two circuits where the pits were on the left hand side of the camera like that and since I think that the British GP was at Brands Hatch, it must have been Hockenheim.

And the reason I don't get a cookie:

Senna is already out of shot and screaming towards the first corner in the other Lotus, so sorry Rollo since Berger isn't in the lead, I can't give you a cookie :(

Bureaucrat Anfield5˛, you are technically correct - the best kind of correct. Damn the things not seen in shot.

šOr Watson
˛Anfield 5, must also be Red 5 :D

anfield5
30th January 2015, 01:13
I'd knew that this could only be '85 or '86 precisely because there were black Lotii and McLarens 1 & 2; it also must have been '86 because in '85 it was Laudaš in 1 and Prost in 2. I could also only think of two circuits where the pits were on the left hand side of the camera like that and since I think that the British GP was at Brands Hatch, it must have been Hockenheim.

Bureaucrat Anfield5˛, you are technically correct - the best kind of correct. Damn the things not seen in shot.

šOr Watson

The reason I am Anfield 5 is two-fold. One is because I was a Mansell fan while he was at Williams and I am from Liverpool :)

anfield5
30th January 2015, 01:19

šOr Watson

Austia also has the pits on the 'wrong' side of the track. But the photo can't be from the Osterriechring becuase both Benettons were at the front and one Brabham (Warwick) didn't start

anfield5
30th January 2015, 01:23
šOr Watson

In '85 Watson had one start fro McLaren in the European GP at Brands Hatch, replacing an indisposed Lauda