PDA

View Full Version : Class move of the week

Chaparral66
19th April 2007, 22:24
Juan Pablo Montoya, driver of the #42 Havoline Dodge for Chip Ganassi-Felix Sabates racing, paying to tribute to another 42, Jackie Robinson, on the 60th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's first day as an African-American Major League baseball player. Nicely done, JPM.

colinspooky
20th April 2007, 10:59
not his move on stewart then?

Chaparral66
20th April 2007, 15:46
not his move on stewart then?

That wasn't bad either...

Mark in Oshawa
20th April 2007, 18:01
JPM is faring far better than I thought he would as a driver so far, but this move to honour Robinson may or may not have been some PR flack's idea, or it may be JPM's but I do know I like it, and kudo's for Montoya for understanding it...

Chaparral66
22nd April 2007, 08:05
JPM is faring far better than I thought he would as a driver so far, but this move to honour Robinson may or may not have been some PR flack's idea, or it may be JPM's but I do know I like it, and kudo's for Montoya for understanding it...

I think JPM understands quite well. I suspect his entry into NASCAR brought him some apprehensions; I bet some of his friends in F1 and elsewhere warned him about "those rednecks". But while the NASCAR of today is far different from the NASCAR of, say, Wendell Scott, I'm sure the irony of him driving a car with #42 on it like Jackie Robinson is not lost on him. JPM is adapting quite well. I suspect he'll do very well at Sonoma and Watkins Glen, as well as Indianapolis, where he has won before ;) and he'll get plenty of prctice on ovals...

muggle not
22nd April 2007, 15:09
Gordon gets win number 76 and ties Dale Earhardt, sr. Next in range are Bobby Allison and DW with 84 wins........after passing Cale Yarbrough.

Erki
22nd April 2007, 16:52
I wonder if JPM knew Robinson on his own or he was told to pull a PR trick.