PDA

View Full Version : New WRC 5 game revealed !

pino
22nd January 2015, 18:27
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2015/wrc5-launch/page/2095--12-12-.html

Francis44
22nd January 2015, 22:00
Looks just as shitty as the last ones.

raybak
23rd January 2015, 04:37
I will stick with RBR.

pino
23rd January 2015, 10:57
We haven't see anything about this game yet, and you guys have already give up ? :s

RAS007
24th January 2015, 03:45
The problem is that the recent track record doesn't exactly inspire hope or confidence. I mean, the original Colin McRae Rally was better than everything that has come out in the last 15 years and that game is nearly 20 years old! How is that possible? That's like saying that Ikari Warriors is better than Call of Duty Modern Warfare. It sounds crazy, but it's true!

RAS007
24th January 2015, 03:49
The problem is that the recent track record doesn't exactly inspire hope or confidence. I mean, the original Colin McRae Rally was better than everything that has come out in the last 15 years and that game is nearly 20 years old! How is that possible? That's like saying that Ikari Warriors is better than Call of Duty Modern Warfare. It sounds crazy, but it's true!

Edit: Just watched the teaser trailer for the new game and it does indeed look like the same pile of shite they've been churning out for years.

GigiGalliNo1
27th January 2015, 09:22
I'm excite..

Least I won't have to buy a new console unless I get the new Loeb game on Xbox One....

WRC5 will be for all consoles including 360 and PS3....

GigiGalliNo1
27th April 2015, 11:33
Anymore news on this?

pino
27th April 2015, 11:49
Not from me, wish I had ! :(

bennizw
27th April 2015, 13:16
Just follow them on Facebook, and you'll get all the info you need. Also, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo is game being released this autumn. Hoping for some announcement from Codemasters on DiRT4 soon.

306 Cosworth
27th April 2015, 15:54
Just follow them on Facebook, and you'll get all the info you need. Also, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo is game being released this autumn. Hoping for some announcement from Codemasters on DiRT4 soon.

One hour later, you had your wish lol

bennizw
29th April 2015, 13:01
Hell yes! Just need to get hold of a good enough PC now :)

smsgrafica
15th July 2015, 16:11
Gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydxqd6iErJo

Oh my, that's so bad it's incredible they showed it to us...

No sense of acceleration/deceleration (just watch the video without sound), ride is as smooth as if it was on tarmac, the roads are wider than an airport lane, graphics are really poor, dust is ridiculous, sound is gruesome, etc...

GigiGalliNo1
15th July 2015, 16:36
Roads still too wide?

Jack4688`
15th July 2015, 18:40
Sounds like the car had engine problems.

I can hear a crowd cheering but can't see them.

The wastegate chirrups far too much.

Allyc85
15th July 2015, 18:46
Didn't like it when I played it in the Rally Sardegna service park, and that video confirms that it's a bit rubbish really! Incredible considering it's their 5th attempt!

MrJan
16th July 2015, 13:29
Didn't like it when I played it in the Rally Sardegna service park, and that video confirms that it's a bit rubbish really! Incredible considering it's their 5th attempt!

I thought that this one was being done by someone else? Or is that just the distributor? Either way it doesn't really matter, Codemasters are knocking out the park at the minute (IMO of course) even with just an early access version of their next game.

AL14
16th July 2015, 13:36
They said sound and other graphics are not ready yet. Physics seems worse than WRC 4 though and acceleration/breaking is a joke. I hope the player was going slowly on purpose

Louis
22nd July 2015, 11:31
Hmm, would like to try this game but first impression is not that good unfortunately..

RAS007
3rd August 2015, 02:49
It just looks like the same fucking shite that they have been churning out for the last few years, which is a disgrace really.

GigiGalliNo1
9th October 2015, 18:09
Any new comments on the game?

GigiGalliNo1
16th October 2015, 11:18
So...... a joke right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ousxIO3V3m0

Grass/plants still going through the WRCars?

What is this Dirt Game and why can't I have it on console?!

WRC4 was much better than this WRC5 released...

AndyRAC
16th October 2015, 12:07
Nothing groundbreaking in this game. Time for other developers please.

Jack4688`
16th October 2015, 15:47
That is hilarious how bad that game is! The sound of the engine, the way the car moves about and the disjointed co-driver speech. Even 'onto', ONE WORD, is split into 'on-to'. The fact that WRC still gives these people a licence stinks of corruption a bit to me haha

MrJan
17th October 2015, 02:30
I don't think the graphics are too bad (in so far as I've seen worse) and the sound of the car isn't a million miles away. However the co-driver is awful and you can tell just from the video that the physics aren't right. When you put this against Dirt Rally (a game which is theoretically still a beta) then it's straight up embarrassing.

What really hammers it home is that I was reading the Codies blog earlier about how they did the co-driver. Paul Coleman did the notes but they put him in a force feedback chair, wearing a helmet and alongside a guy driving the stage, so have stage is specific (rather than recording the key words and then editing together). Not only that but they would do 2 passes through each stage with the FFB at a high level, 2 passes at medium and then a pass with no FFB at all for if you're going slowly. The upshot is that you actually get the urgency and the whole thing flows so much better. You don't even need to watch a stage to the first split to realise that WRC5 isn't even close to that kind of effort.

Jack4688`
17th October 2015, 16:57
That's impressive, on WRC 5 it sounds like when you ring a phone number that is unavailable and each syllable has been recorded on it's own. They've recorded 'in' 'on' and 'to' separately to create the words 'into' and 'onto'. That's just asking for trouble...

EightGear
17th October 2015, 17:12
I can't believe people are still paying money for something so incredibly shitty.

AL14
17th October 2015, 17:34
Like a lot of other game they had bad priorities. For example, they spent time, effort and resources on secondary issues like changing weather conditions or night stages instead of dedicate them to car physics (clearly bad watching at videos, especially on gravel) and gameplay, that should be the first priorities in a rally game.

Also I don't understand why the car becomes so much bigger when you break. Do they want to represent the elevating of the back of the car? It is very weird...

GigiGalliNo1
21st October 2015, 17:31
It hurt so much to play...

The sound...

That co-driver...

I cannot even handbrake a corner! WRC 3 was OK, WRC 4 of recent it finally worked and I could slide around in Monte for example and gravel rounds...

WRC 5, the car just over steers and you can't use the hand brake unless the car is just about to stop! Car control is hopeless... Such pity...

There was one more thing...

Oh! WRC 5 seems like a cartoon! Nothing realistic about it. Seriously, I thought it was a cartoon type game! WRC 4 was more realistic than this new game.

mousti
27th October 2015, 20:50
If interested you can join this league, it will make playing probably a bit better than..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1023340581021177/1024482740906961/?notif_t=group_activity

Grundo Farb
6th November 2015, 03:48
Played the game last night for the first time. Any rally game where you can get the fastest time on stages the first time you try is really not good. Colin Macrae in the 90's had better graphics and car physics which I guess turned into Dirt - which is way better than this crap.

The car physics are awful (the car doesn't pitch or roll it is like a cardboard cutout and being able to use understeer or oversteer - hopeless) bu the damage was the funniest part. I crashed and about 2 seconds later my bumper suddenly became crumpled. The lag was appalling.

Such a shame.

Muchonen
13th November 2015, 08:55
Since all developers decided not to release demo versions of their games , I started pirating games I am interested in to check them out. If they are good, I will buy them. That's not what's gonna happen with this crap. Pretty everything was said about this 'game'. Downloaded, played for 15 minutes, uninstalled and forgot. Shame they give us such a shit. And I saved 40€ for some really good games

Wysane z mojego HTC One M8s przy uyciu Tapatalka

GigiGalliNo1
8th December 2015, 05:45
I've changed the control settings on the game, and it has gotten better.

I still dislike the night stages... the cars lighting is WEAK!!!

AL14
31st March 2016, 23:11
Give me my 25€ back please.
Worst Rally game ever.
What the hell you can do the worse stage or the best one and will never be more the 2 secs from the opponent. Other drivers times depend on yours. Who the hell had this idea???

RAS007
17th May 2016, 20:10
Ill advisedly bought this game a couple of months ago, played it 3 or 4 times and traded it. It's total crap, even before Dirt4 came along, now it looks even worse.

GigiGalliNo1
27th May 2016, 05:25
WRC6 is coming... they've tweeted sneak peak images...

AL14
27th May 2016, 07:43
WRC6 is coming... they've tweeted sneak peak images...

You've been faster :)
Sadly it has been the Kyloton to announce it...I don't expect anything exciting.

EightGear
27th May 2016, 07:47
More garbage! Yeah!