PDA

View Full Version : Your plans for 2015....

J4MIE
9th January 2015, 01:06
So, with the new season on the brink of getting under way, what is in store for you this year? Have you got any plans to go to a WRC event, more than one, maybe, or all of them??!

What about outside of the WRC, any regional rallies? National events?

What about outside of rallying - any other motorsport adventures planned?

Myself, I'm still not planning on any WRC events at the moment. I would like to go to the ERC Açores (just for that stage ;) ) but doesn't look like I will have time for it this year :(

I will be co-driving again on the Safari Rally, they changed the date to the Easter weekend after withdrawing from the African Rally Championship. We may well end up doing the Pearl of Africa Rally (in Uganda) at the end of August too, and hopefully a couple of Kenyan or Tanzanian rally championship rounds if timing and potential sponsorship allows... And of course I'll be taking photos on the Classic Safari Rally in November, which has a brand new route this time and they are using one stage that is 184km long :eek: :bounce:

As well as all that, I'll be filming quite a lot of UK rallies for TV over here, co-driving in an event or two in the UK would be a bonus too. So should all keep me quite busy!

What about you? :)

jiipee64
9th January 2015, 08:43
2015 starts from Monte Carlo.

NORF for sure.

Maybe some other WRC events too..

9th January 2015, 08:46
I like the idea of this thread. I'm sure I'll be jealous of all of your itineraries!!

WRC
Rally Finland + some days testing if we're lucky
Rally Australia

Australian Rally Championship
National Capital

MartijnS
9th January 2015, 09:26
Our plans: only photographing/watching.

7 Dutch events.
Probably 3 or 4 Belgian Events
WRC Italy
WRC Finland
WRC Germany
WRC Spain
And probably some rallyraids / crosscountry events.

Munkvy
9th January 2015, 09:50
This year I can't afford to compete on both gravel and tarmac, so will probably spend the year saving to compete in Targa in October, which is our 6 day tarmac rally here in NZ. Competed in it twice and it's good fun, but a bit expensive. Other than that I will focus on keeping my hand in driving at as many local sprints as possible and maybe share a drive in a friends car doing endrance racing again.

Sadly there is no WRC event here and I can't really justify spending money spectating in Oz. I may visit the APRC round which comes to Whangarei in the North of New Zealand.

If the WRC does return here for 2016 I will do some gravel events at the end of the year and start remembering how to drive on gravel (slowly though!) to get ready for that returning.

Karukera
9th January 2015, 11:00
Combining Rallies and Scuba Diving : Monte Carlo, Sardinia, Finland and Wales.
Between WRC events, historic rallies as a driver with fellow Fiat, Abarth, Lancia friends from all around Europe.

CWJ
9th January 2015, 14:06
3x Germany
3x ERC
10x WRC

planned for 2015
maybe single again after that :)

PLuto
9th January 2015, 14:10
My plan is to do all events in ERC, nothing in WRC, most of events in both Czech championships and if there will be free weekend in my calendar, I will be co-organising/timekeeping MTB DH races or timekeeping different sports (slalom, enduro, motocross, cross country, supermoto, skiing...)

tommeke_B
9th January 2015, 14:16
I've planned WRC Sweden, Sardinia, Germany and Wales so far, it's likely one or 2 events will be added (to choose between Poland, France and Catalunya). Also complete Belgian championship (consists of 9 events including ERC Ypres) and one French gravel event (Terre de l'Auxerrois) are on the calendar.

And I'm already saving up holidays in case NZ gets on the WRC calendar in 2016... :)

Rallyper
9th January 2015, 15:04
Until yesterday I planned Rally Sweden. Unfortenately I can´t attend RS this year. Didn´t last year as well.

But NORF of course. The event any lover of rallies can´t miss!!

Working shift but have been looking at Portugal which suits my scedule. (Been there once in 2011)

Would like to go to Germany as well but don´t think so. (First time)

N.O.T
9th January 2015, 15:13
I am just going to sit on my couch and judge everyone.

Rallyper
9th January 2015, 15:21
I am just going to sit on my couch and judge everyone.

Not a bad idea for some, but I recomend NORF. If you haven´t been there you should. I´ve been there so many times I might also be able to give you some good advices how to stay and travel, if you want.

dimviii
9th January 2015, 16:10
3x Germany
3x ERC
10x WRC

planned for 2015
maybe single again after that :)

i hate you.

Simmi
9th January 2015, 16:19
WRC
Sweden
Spain (hopefully)
Wales

Other
Silverstone World Endurance/European Le Mans
Le Mans 24 Hours

Franky
9th January 2015, 16:34
Not a bad idea for some, but I recomend NORF. If you haven´t been there you should. I´ve been there so many times I might also be able to give you some good advices how to stay and travel, if you want.

The advice has to include how to get his couch there.

stefanvv
9th January 2015, 18:20
The advice has to include how to get his couch there.

:DJust 1 example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEXgcuKECs

EstWRC
9th January 2015, 18:27
NORF for the first time, Tänak is gonna win there :p...haven't decided about others yet.

Barreis
9th January 2015, 18:31
Don't go there, they'll kick your a$$.

nafpaktos
9th January 2015, 20:38
My plan is to do all events in ERC, nothing in WRC, most of events in both Czech championships and if there will be free weekend in my calendar, I will be co-organising/timekeeping MTB DH races or timekeeping different sports (slalom, enduro, motocross, cross country, supermoto, skiing...)
Waht kind of relationship you have with erc?

Doon
9th January 2015, 21:51
My rally year starts by competing on the AGBO Stages at Weston Park on 22nd March (Village event)

Then watching Rally Sardinia

BTRDA Woodpecker Stages at the end of August (driving)

Then watching WRGB

.....and I'm sure there will be spectating on national events in the middle of these.

PLuto
9th January 2015, 22:10
Waht kind of relationship you have with erc?

I was following WRC in golden era of JWRC (around year 2005) as team manager. But I didnt liked the system and atmosphere in WRC, where everybody was interested only about manufacturers and other competitors were only to bring money. So I have moved to ERC and for many years I am part of this championship in many functions...

Rallyper
9th January 2015, 23:01
Don't go there, they'll kick your a$$.

Been there already 13 times since 1999 (or maybe 14) never kicked in ass in Finland. Just be happy and be present. everything is pure rally.

AL14
10th January 2015, 01:20
Wow guys, I envy you all. I can't go to so many rallies. This year I'll go to Sardinia, my family lives there so it's easy. But I'm looking forward to at least another event, maybe Finland.

P.S. A lot of you will go in Sardinia, we could meet each other maybe :)

Mk2 RS2000
10th January 2015, 01:32
P.S. A lot of you will go in Sardinia, we could meet each other maybe :)

Sounds like the start of a plan.

Barreis
10th January 2015, 02:21
Been there already 13 times since 1999 (or maybe 14) never kicked in ass in Finland. Just be happy and be present. everything is pure rally.

That was to N.O.T... :D

Rallyper
10th January 2015, 10:54
That was to N.O.T... :D

Of course. Silly me. (First thought something about robbery on roadsideparking or so)

Mintexmemory
10th January 2015, 12:26
At present Sardinia with Allyc85 and PeterSolberg29
Before that Spanish GP (followed by 3 more days in Barca with mi nueva guapa who is flying in on the Monday!!). Maybe Rallye Deutschland
- I might not spend too much time in cold windy places this year.....
Still be at WRGB though

Rallyper
10th January 2015, 14:54
However it would be interesting to find out how many of you fellows are coming to NORF this year. I´ve always (as long as being member of this forum) thought we´d stick together somewhere in Jyväskylä during the rally. For example the bar at Sokos Palviljonki one of the nights (wednesday or thursday) before rally.

Franky
11th January 2015, 16:51
My attendance will be quite low this year. And will be missing my favourite summer events because of the absurd Mongol Rally.

3-4 Estonian championship rounds
And possibly 1 ERC or WRC round in October