PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Euros and Others

Roamy
1st January 2015, 02:54
May we have a somewhat peaceful new year. !!!

donKey jote
1st January 2015, 03:18
Same to you foamy ! :beer: :bandit:

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2015, 06:38
www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4M7vX8nWME

Same to you, Yankee.

steveaki13
1st January 2015, 09:35
Happy New Year.

How is 2015 going for you so far?

donKey jote
1st January 2015, 10:44
Not bad... Just woke up, the missus is packing the bags ready for us to go back up to Madrid, lunch today at my sister's with my parents and her in-laws, blue sky, sun shining, alles nach Plan :bandit:

steveaki13
1st January 2015, 12:24
Sounds good Donkey.

Being a crazy Gardener. :crazy: I am planning my plans for my Garden in 2015. While waiting for a family lunch later on today.

Bliss

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2015, 12:26
Horrible, how else? I woke up at 10.00 with a terrible headache, chills and I already threw out three times.
I'm not even able to answer the phone calls.:s

steveaki13
1st January 2015, 12:28
Is that your best friend? Mr Mart Ini

Hope you feel a bit better. Is New Year a national celebration in Romania?

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2015, 12:53
Is New Year a national celebration in Romania?
The New Year or Revelion as we call it is our biggest holiday, or at least, the most celebrated. No wonder for a nation of party animals. Those who afford it spend it in the mountains resorts but the idea is to party anyway, not at home if possible. It's all about pantagruelic dinners, loud music, crazy dance and dangerous fireworks. The terrible frost of last night haven't scared people from partying in the street for hours.

Don't know if have to blame Mr.M for my bad state......We got on very well on Christmas.
But I had a very stressful day yesterday.

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2015, 14:23
Hey....There's no New Year without the Radetzky March.....

http://youtu.be/2ORHVroiWHk

Rudy Tamasz
1st January 2015, 19:35
Horrible, how else? I woke up at 10.00 with a terrible headache, chills and I already threw out three times.

I'm with you, Gadjo. I'm glad I made it through the New Year. I approached the New Year party in a pretty bleak mood because of fatigue and general feeling of dissatisfaction, but I was still doing okay till 2 a.m. Then my mom started preaching to me and that was too much. I stormed out of the room pretty drunk and very angry. Today it took me a long walk and a mix of Grants, Chivas Regal and Ballantines to kill my headache and cure my hangover. Ultimately, though, I put myself right and made peace with everybody.

Tazio
1st January 2015, 19:56
Sorry you feel ender the weather Gadji, maybe you're just preggers! :angel:

jens
1st January 2015, 19:59
I wish you all a lovely and bright new year. Good activities and lots of wisdom to live with.
:)

:wave:

I don't know why, but I like this animal:
:imu:

Happy New Year.

Well, the start of 2015 has been very... interesting. I feel like I am going through a process of defragmentation of my past.:p: So that things are better organized, important things can be kept, and useless and "heavy" stuff can be left behind.:) Not a restart, but some kind of a refresh to life.

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2015, 20:35
Today it took me a long walk and a mix of Grants, Chivas Regal and Ballantines to kill my headache and cure my hangover.

Does this work?:eek:

I drank about a gallon of St. John's wort tea and only 2 hours ago I began to feel better......:s

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2015, 20:39
Sorry you feel ender the weather Gadji, maybe you're just preggers! :angel:

:arrows: :angryfire:

Tazio, you're the perfect example of a forumer who started wrong the new year.......

gadjo_dilo
1st January 2015, 22:13
Definitely this year started bad for me. Now the water has frozen in the pipes and I have no water at all. Last time when it happened I had to wait 3 weeks without water until temperatures increased to more than 0 degrees. :bigcry:

Rudy Tamasz
2nd January 2015, 07:38
Does this work?:eek:

I drank about a gallon of St. John's wort tea and only 2 hours ago I began to feel better......:s

It depends. Overall, it's a risky way to fight hangovers and you might as well get drunk again. If herbs make you feel better, you don't need to go beyond that. Spicy food and salty mineral water help, too.

Taking a walk is always safe and effective, though.

gadjo_dilo
2nd January 2015, 08:20
Well, I wasn't drunk. I drink but not much.
It was more of a gall bladder crise due to fatigue and stress.

A FONDO
3rd January 2015, 10:32
http://img-9gag-ftw.9cache.com/photo/a1ZnmQD_700b_v1.jpg

Jag_Warrior
3rd January 2015, 17:38
http://img-9gag-ftw.9cache.com/photo/a1ZnmQD_700b_v1.jpg

See, you don't have to be truly smart to make it here in the U.S. You just have to be not quite as stoopid as those folks.^^^

I'm pretty stoopid, but I'm still one step ahead of them. Gosh, you can almost smell the dumb in that Twitter thread.

Rudy Tamasz
3rd January 2015, 18:48
Another day, editing a history book. Fingers don't hit the right keys.

gadjo_dilo
3rd January 2015, 19:16
Another day without water. Why all bad things happen to me? :s
I'm tired of carrying water recipients from neighbours. I carry, carry.....And I sing, sing........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1zPYKQCCY

jens
3rd January 2015, 19:45
Sorry to hear about some of the difficulties you guys are having. I don't really know how to help. I guess there are plenty of people in the world, who right now are really suffering. So perhaps you or we can all find unity in these tough times.:)

Rudy Tamasz
5th January 2015, 11:02
Last night accidentally I tipped over the Christmas tree destroying two really nice glass toys in the process. I wait for holidays to be over and life be back to normal.

gadjo_dilo
5th January 2015, 11:15
Last night accidentally I tipped over the Christmas tree destroying two really nice glass toys in the process. I wait for holidays to be over and life be back to normal.

But I think the holidays just begin for you.....:confused:
Don't you follow the Julian Calendar? :p

Rudy Tamasz
5th January 2015, 12:26
You are correct, my Christmas is still ahead. I hope, though, it will be a truly spiritual holiday that has nothing to do with the false excitement of these weeks. I don't want to sound like a joy killer, but by now I've really had enough. I had a long weekend on Dec 25-28 and it went fine, then a party for children in my office on Dec 30 and from that point on I have been feeling like I was being dragged into the celebrations against my will.

Roamy
7th January 2015, 01:52
Hey David Duke informed me last night on tv that I am a "European American" How about that !!