PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Burt

Ed
19th April 2007, 15:57
Theres been alot of talk that people want burt to come back. I was thinking this morn when he came to the BTCC he did arrive in style. He took a good win form ford and kept Radish on his toes and also in 96 he was good agaist rydell and took another win at Silverstone. But since that crash he had at Oulton that year he seemed to loss his sparkle, and Rydell often trounced him in 1997. I would still love to see him back on the grid though, he showed what he could do in the old ind astra in 2004 so he must still have it in him sum where

murrayfan
19th April 2007, 16:10
If All Things Go Well He Could Be Martyn Bell's Teammate By Midseason Its Got A Lot To Do With Sponser's And Weather Bell Can Get Anothr Car From Somewhere.

Ed
19th April 2007, 16:55
yea no that already

Iain
19th April 2007, 17:05
Theres been alot of talk that people want burt to come back. I was thinking this morn when he came to the BTCC he did arrive in style. He took a good win form ford and kept Radish on his toes and also in 96 he was good agaist rydell and took another win at Silverstone. But since that crash he had at Oulton that year he seemed to loss his sparkle, and Rydell often trounced him in 1997. I would still love to see him back on the grid though, he showed what he could do in the old ind astra in 2004 so he must still have it in him sum where

He arrived even better than that. He ran away with his class in his first BTCC race in 1990. But then he dumped it in the gravel at the next meeting and lost his place to Kurt Luby and Tim Sugden.

murrayfan
19th April 2007, 18:21
yea no that already
SORRY JUST FOUND THAY LAST WEEK IM AT BIT BEHIND ON ALL
THE LATEST NEWS :dozey:

SEATFreak
20th April 2007, 09:19
SORRY JUST FOUND THAY LAST WEEK IM AT BIT BEHIND ON ALL
THE LATEST NEWS :dozey:

Don't know if the smiley was in sarcasm or not but I like it! :up:

All I have seen of Kelvin is his time at GA in 2004 and my particular memory of him wasn't the good memories.

In a story straight from a script on EastEnders, he replaced Paul Wallace from Round 7, after pressure from sponsors, and was himself replaced by Gavin Smith from Round 12 but appeared at Croft and Knockhill (I recall Gavin doing another series in 2004). A fourth was his best all season in Round 8.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th April 2007, 10:03

All I have seen of Kelvin is his time at GA in 2004 and my particular memory of him wasn't the good memories.

In a story straight from a script on EastEnders, he replaced Paul Wallace from Round 7, after pressure from sponsors, and was himself replaced by Gavin Smith from Round 12 but appeared at Croft and Knockhill (I recall Gavin doing another series in 2004). A fourth was his best all season in Round 8.

I thought that Burt was one of the few GA drivers to run at the front. Silverstone if I remember. Didin't he get there best result of the season?

Iain
20th April 2007, 10:17

No Astras appeared at Knockhill. Only the Alfa did, under the guise of GA Motorsports, not Team Sureterm which they had ran under until that point.

murrayfan
20th April 2007, 11:28

the smiley was me being a bit dim coz i thought i had a good bit of news on kelvin burt turn out its not oo well you win some you lose some :o

SEATFreak
20th April 2007, 13:56
I thought that Burt was one of the few GA drivers to run at the front. Silverstone if I remember. Didin't he get there best result of the season?

I don't know anywhere else he led a race but having watched Round 8 (which was Silverstone - Race 2) on the 2004 DVD via my handy DVD-ROM he did lead then. But Thompson, Muller and Rob Huff quickly overtook and did well to fend of Turkington and Reid for as long as he did. he looks like being under pressure.

In fact he certainly got what must have been the teams best start when he started 2nd alongside Reidy who got pole. Sadly for teammate Paul Wallace he wasn't so lucky. Went off early.

LiamM
20th April 2007, 14:00
I don't know anywhere else he led a race

As far as Im aware he's only ever won 2 BTCC races back in the days when estates used to race. He was always overshadowed by Rydell I feel when at Volvo. I never used to like him as a driver because of Rydell

racer69
20th April 2007, 18:15
He was overshadowed by Rydell, in 1996 in particular, due to his accident at Oulton, prior to that he was the first Volvo driver to win a race that season.

He didn't really fire in 1997, but then again neither did the Volvo until later in the season, and hadn't the decision already been made to replace him by then?

What happened to his two-year contract with TOMS Toyota in Japan. He ran in the 1998 JTCC, but what happened after that?