PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP's LOOOOOOONG 2007 Season

edlalu
19th April 2007, 15:03
Whats the deal hear? Is Dorna looking to get more bang for thier buck? I was just getting hype for this weekends round and thought I'd check and its two weeks until Shanhai! And then two weeks again to France! We used to sit and talk all week long about the past race leading up to the next race when they ran week after week. But now the excitement dies off and we have to review the standings.

I guess I may get a chance to follow some WSBK or WRC after all.

ChrisS
19th April 2007, 16:12
back to back races may be better for the fans but its worst for everyone and everything else involved, riders, mechanics, bike development etc...

with 3 races in 3 weeks an injury may mean the end of the season for a rider since there is no time to recover and regain fitness. And that thought may hold a rider back (notice the last race of the season when riders know they have a few months the heal how much more aggressive they are)

Plus back to back races takes a toll on the mechanics and other team personnel, working like crazy probably for Wednesday when the teams arrive at a track until Monday, spend 2 days on the road and then do it all over again. these people are humans too and have homes and families.

leopard
20th April 2007, 04:01
Back to back races wouldn't make everyone occupied as long as it could deliver back to back wins :)

Lanky_Wes
20th April 2007, 04:24
i like it this way. the season runs for longer which means we get to watch and talk about bike racing longer. and if superbike is scheduled on the other weekends then we get to watch bikes most weeks anyway. its a win-win situation!

edlalu
20th April 2007, 14:57
Beside my spouse, who got me hooked on MotoGP in the first place, the folks in this forum are the only people I can really talk about racing to. Nothing against NASCAR, but thats about all folks around here talk about in regards to motorsports.
As far as transport ease and better set up time and rest for the teams....? Part of the challenge was always packing up the garage pulling out on the road and dashing off to the next race. Sure it was tough, but that was life on the MotoGP curcuit. It came with the territory of racing on the top level of the sport.

NinjaMaster
21st April 2007, 09:49
Remembering that China is a long way from Turkey and France a long way from China so 2 weeks is pretty good I would have thought. There are plenty of back-to-back rounds once they hit Europe but like Lanky Wes said, a weeks gap allows WSB to be run without clashing with MotoGP so we can enjoy both series.