PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Race - Abu Dhabi

steveaki13
23rd November 2014, 19:12
Hi guys

So for the last time in 2014 give me a review of the race and a rating out of 10.

A FONDO
23rd November 2014, 19:32
Not much to remember (as I am not British like many guys here so I do not fly above the ground for Hamilton's triumph). 6 from me.

N. Jones
23rd November 2014, 19:48
I fell alseep after the first seven laps. Woke up to watch the last 18.

steveaki13
23rd November 2014, 20:00
I give the race 5/10.

I found it a typical Abu Dhabi bore

Tazio
23rd November 2014, 21:35
Could have been a 5.7, but since it's was a retardedly double points race I have to give it a 2.35

kfzmeister
23rd November 2014, 23:49
Meh, with Lefty having issues (and HAM with an unexpected rocket start), it turned into a pretty boring race.

rjbetty
24th November 2014, 04:44
Well I will give it an 8, because I was nervous the whole way, especially when Nico was in the race.

I was still quite nervous to the end as I was aware of 2008 and aware something could change even at the last corner.

Fairly dramatic for an Abu Dhabi race.

Also enjoyed Felipe Massa close to a win! And Jenson in his probable final race... (that IS a crazy thought)

Jag_Warrior
24th November 2014, 06:28
I thoroughly enjoyed it! In fact, I think I hurt my knee while I was dancing around the living room afterward. :D Put me down for an 8.

Not a huge amount of action, but there was certainly a decent amount of drama. I was elated for Hamilton. And though I'm not a Williams, Massa or Bottas fan, I was happy to see Williams and its drivers get good results and finish in front of Ferrari for the Constructors.

I was also rather impressed with the class that Rosberg showed in approaching Hamilton immediately after the race. And I liked the fact that rather than just retire the car and go into hiding, he wanted to stay out there and be part of the show right to the end. I have a good deal more respect for him now... though I've always rather liked the kid.

I don't watch much TV anymore. So this was probably a bigger ending moment for me than a lot of others here. Other than the financial news, I won't really have much to watch until next season gets under way.

And please, Bernie, don't screw up the last little bit of entertainment that I have. Wouldn't you like to retire and spend more time with your gold-digger... I mean, girlfriend?!

Mia 01
24th November 2014, 10:14
After the first lap it was a bore. I give 5/10.

zako85
24th November 2014, 14:15
Average race, but not bad. Rosberg losing the start and then dropping back removed most of the suspense. We have seen many races like this. The winner of the race is decided on the first lap.

5/10

lindab1284
25th November 2014, 07:27
9/10 i rated...............

Whyzars
25th November 2014, 14:22
As a race it was OK but with the championship drama's it had to be a good race. I give it 7/10. Not memorable but certainly not a boring race by any means.

The result was the right one and double points didn't do much other than make F1 a laughing stock. Never again...

I don't know whether Abu Dhabi is the right race to end the season but that question probably qualifies for its own thread. Which race is the right race to end the season? Hmmmm.

White line problems again - why have the things? Just let them venture anywhere and everywhere. Ridiculous.

Only 110 days to the next race... :eek:

longisland
26th November 2014, 12:36
4/10. The race was over at the first corner and the rest is just procession. The Red Bulls were relegated to the back of the grid & both Williams were having bad start to ensure the Mercedes duel will not be interfered. Nico's inability to fight back makes me wonder what would have happened if the other German was driving the Merc. The highlights were Stevens racing Fred & Pastor's car on fire. It's pretty disappointing considering this is may be the last race for the likes of Button or Magnussen, Sutil & Gutierrez, Vergne, Kobayashi, Stevens, Fong & Caterham.

Malbec
26th November 2014, 12:40
Nico's inability to fight back makes me wonder what would have happened if the other German was driving the Merc.

Vettel? Would he have been able to fix the ERS cooling system while driving flat out unlike Rosberg?

easy rider
26th November 2014, 22:15
I usually give a 10 to whenever Hamiton wins a race. The Abu Dhabi event not only deserves a 10 for the race win, but a 15 because Lewis won the 2014 WDC.