PDA

View Full Version : Nico Rosberg Q&A: It's now or never!

News
20th November 2014, 23:00
Nico Rosberg might head into the 2014 Formula One finale with a 17-point deficit to Mercedes team mate Lewis Hamilton, but he remains very optimistic he can overhaul his title rival and clinch a first world championship crown.
On the eve of the Grand Prix, Rosberg says he will maintain his normal approach even for the biggest moment of his career - and insists he can influence Hamilton's race, in part because having nothing to lose might give him a crucial psychological edge...
Q: Nico, how are you going about this weekend? For you, is this a 'state of emergency' race?
Nico Rosberg: Such an attitude would not be good for me. I want to proceed where I left off in Brazil: to win. It is crucial that I win this race. Of course this moment means the peak of my Formula One career - to be fighting for the title. It is indeed a really cool feeling to be here knowing that I could capture the title. That makes the next couple of days and hours feel very intense.
Q: So you do believe that you can still make it?
NR: Yes, I do believe in it. Yes, I am very optimistic.

Q: Are you considering that things could go in a different direction? In past finales things have suddenly and dramatically changed - that might also happen on Sunday...
NR: Of course you think about these things. In sport you can never bank on a sure result. So yes, these thoughts are there, but there is also always a certain amount of luck needed

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/11/16652.html)