PDA

View Full Version : Grosjean confirmed at Toleman

anfield5
20th November 2014, 20:10
Good to see the black team (sorry I refuse to call them Lotus) have finally confirmed Grosjean in the lead car. He is undoubtedly a good, bordering on outstanding driver, who with a decent car can challenge at the front of the field, as he demonstrated last season. If the chassis is decent next season, with the Merc engine we could see the first French GP winner since Prost.

Well done Toleman/Benetton/Renault/Gen-I

jens
20th November 2014, 21:22
Glad about that. I like Grosjean. Hopefully next year this Enstone team with Mercedes power units will be better than now. Because this season has basically been a write-off. But sometimes a rubbish season is also needed - to learn to value the good times more. In any case, 2015 should be an improvement.:) Even if not to the level at which Grosjean achieved a string of podiums in 2013.

Duncan
21st November 2014, 00:13
Good to see the black team (sorry I refuse to call them Lotus) have finally confirmed Grosjean in the lead car. He is undoubtedly a good, bordering on outstanding driver, who with a decent car can challenge at the front of the field, as he demonstrated last season. If the chassis is decent next season, with the Merc engine we could see the first French GP winner since Prost.

I understand next season they plan to rebrand the team as Vanwall. Or possibly Hesketh? I forget.

anfield5
21st November 2014, 03:54
I understand next season they plan to rebrand the team as Vanwall. Or possibly Hesketh? I forget.

Oh I heard it was going to be called Maserati/Lancia/Brabham

Rollo
21st November 2014, 06:10
Oh I heard it was going to be called Maserati/Lancia/Brabham

Let's All Go Down the Strand

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/rollo75/f1banana.jpg

Drive a Banana!

gm99
23rd November 2014, 14:27
If the chassis is decent next season, with the Merc engine we could see the first French GP winner since Prost.

Panis?

jens
29th November 2014, 09:43
Panis?

Actually amazing to think that it is almost two decades since a French driver last won F1 race. Italians are having a long drought as well with Fisichella last winning in 2006. Now they don't even have a driver in F1. While France at least has got drivers in F1. Though it looks like the amount may be reduced to only 1 next year with Pic (2012-13), Bianchi (2013-14) and Vergne (2012-14) all gone. In 2013 four French drivers in F1!

Storm
29th November 2014, 18:50
Villeneuve is sorta French :p:

anfield5
1st December 2014, 01:43
Panis?

To my unending shame I completely forgot about Olly winning in Monaco 1996 - If you read this Olly forgivness maketh the man

philipbain
15th December 2014, 14:20

I like this idea, use the original old school names for the teams!

Mercedes become Tyrell / BAR / Honda / Brawn

Red Bull become Stewart GP / Jaguar Racing

Force India become Jordan GP / Midland F1 / Spyker F1

Toro Rosso become Minardi

Lotus becomes (as you said) Toleman / Benetton / Renault F1

Only McLaren, Sauber, Ferrari & Williams maintain their original names!