PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren Close The Gap Fast???

DimitraF1
19th April 2007, 13:17
we have seen that ferrari was the team to beat in the first race, in the 2nd we see that ferrari lose that big advantage and they have trouble when they follow a car, we have seen kimi not be able to pass alonso , the same for massa vs heidfeld..are they struggling because of the drivers??a weak pair??
In one month i am afraid that mclaren will be the team to beat ,and that is because of the better drivers pair,thats my opinion, ferrari could develop fast and keep that little advantage?or we are going to see the weak part of ferrari because of some bosses take sabbatical?

sills
19th April 2007, 13:52
i'm a ferrari fan
I do think that mclaren and ferrari's cars are very even at the moment
Lewis closing on massa in the last gp was just because massa was cruising to the finish massa had that race rapped up easy in the last 10 laps, ferrari defo dnt have a problem with massa kimi still think he needs more time

trumperZ06
19th April 2007, 16:19
Hhmmmm.... IMO, Ferarri is probably still a bit better than the McLaren's.

Seems they win the pole.

Drivers... Alonso may have... just had a bad day this past weekend... we will see in the next race or two.

Lewis has done a great job, finishing, thrid in his first race, then splitting the Ferrari's for second position, during the past two weeks.

This is shaping up to a good season... with BMW also improving. Renault & Honda have been dis-appointing so far, and I'm not sure if they will be able to turn it around.

nightingalecars
19th April 2007, 17:03
we have seen that ferrari was the team to beat in the first race, in the 2nd we see that ferrari lose that big advantage and they have trouble when they follow a car, we have seen kimi not be able to pass alonso , the same for massa vs heidfeld..are they struggling because of the drivers??a weak pair??
In one month i am afraid that mclaren will be the team to beat ,and that is because of the better drivers pair,thats my opinion, ferrari could develop fast and keep that little advantage?or we are going to see the weak part of ferrari because of some bosses take sabbatical?

I think Mclaren are still a little behind ferrari but apparently the develompent of the car is relentless and we've seen how they've closed down the gap already. I'm a massive Mclaren fan and would love them to win the championship this year with either alonso or hamilton but I still don't think you can discount Kimi and Massa. Massa because he knows the ferrari situation and the car etc and Kimi just for his raw talent. But it is good to see a rookie " Hamilton" doing excellent :-)

Viktory
19th April 2007, 18:17
I don't think the Ferrari's ever had as big advantage as some people have said they had before the start of the season. By now Ferrari might have the slight upper-hand but it is not a lot. Mclaren are very close.

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2007, 19:34
It's just fantastic that we have this battle between 2 teams and 4 drivers this year :s mokin: It's gonna be a close one :cool:

Donney
19th April 2007, 20:09
And imagine how it would be if BMW found that little extra they are missing.

jso1985
20th April 2007, 21:10
if they find it before Monaco they can add themselves to the championship fight!

I think Mclaren is closing the gap but they're still behind Ferrari.

Andy65
20th April 2007, 23:07
I'm not so sure that Mclaren have closed the gap as such, more that Ferrari hasn't found it's full potential, or at least not with Kimi I feel, the Mclarens always seem to be flat out but the Ferrari's look to have a liittle in hand, as per the Kimi v Massa thread I think the Ferrari's handling at the moment is more to Massa's liking, if the new parts that Ferrari are to test get Kimi's car to drive more to his style I think we could see the gap more like we had in the opening race with regards to Kimi and Massa just having the edge on the Mclarens, but only just, and the BMW's snapping at their heels, I also feel that as more and more races go by the driver battle will become far more of a problem for Mclaren than it will be at Ferrari, but thats just my opinion.

F1boat
21st April 2007, 11:40
I think the flexy floors hurt Ferrari after Melbourne.