PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Claire Williams Q&A: Don't rule us out in Abu Dhabi

News
11th November 2014, 13:30
While most eyes will be on the Mercedes title fight next weekend, the Abu Dhabi season finale also represents Williams' last chance to add a race win to what has already been their best campaign in over a decade. And it's a chance they are determined to take.
Deputy team principal Claire Williams speaks about the team's stunning 2014 turnaround, their plans for a 2016 championship challenge, why talk of signing Fernando Alonso was wide of the mark, and why they could yet play 'kingmaker' at Yas Marina...
Q: Claire, Brazil was another podium weekend for Williams - this time through Felipe Massa, and in front of his home crowd. Can you really believe what has happened at Williams in the last 12 months? You have jumped from ninth in the constructors' standings to third...
Claire Williams: Ha, if you had said to any of us this time last year, when we had scored our first multiple points - four to be precise - in the United States Grand Prix, that we would be in P3 at this time next year, I don't think we would have believed it. But the team has done a fantastic job to effect this turnaround and I am so proud of everybody involved. It is the reward of all our hard work. But as Frank [Williams] always says, 'It is P3 - we have got to win!' So it would be wonderful to end this year with a race win. With how it is now, I think people in the team will be disappointed if we don't win a race - but everybody has to remember where we came from.

Q: There is only one race left...
CW:

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/11/16624.html)