PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Race - Brazil

steveaki13
9th November 2014, 21:23
Sorry its late guys. I hope people can still find time to post on here, but give us your Brazil review and ratings.

N. Jones
9th November 2014, 21:26
Always a great race at Interlagos.

A FONDO
9th November 2014, 21:30
Good to watch but the first three on the finish started from the same positions. I give it a 6 for easier calculation and for the noisy crowd.

steveaki13
9th November 2014, 21:32
I will kick us off. I thought it was quite a tense race in many ways. I mean we had the uncertainty of the tyres and such a battle for the win, however I thought for Brazil it was average.

7.5/10

Tazio
9th November 2014, 21:51
I really thought this was a great race, I'll give it a 7.95

zako85
10th November 2014, 09:08
8/10. good race

Mia 01
10th November 2014, 11:14
A reasonable good race for me. 7/10.

longisland
11th November 2014, 00:32
8.5/10
Close fight on top
Lots of shuffling between 2 stoppers & 3 stoppers in top 10
Great atmosphere
Only let down is Pequet

kfzmeister
11th November 2014, 03:49
8/10
Could HAM force ROS into another mistake? Would the Mercs have a failure. Good battles between RBR and Ferrari. KIMI vs ALO.
Tires were graining. Track temps hot.......
exciting pit action
Good race.

Whyzars
12th November 2014, 23:17
8/10 . Brazil is such a great track.

Watching Lewis stalk Nico and Nico's cool headed drive at the front was a perfect season ender. Oh wait... :(

That pit entry alteration is the first time that inserting a chicane has had me saying - "Brilliant. Why didn't they do it sooner?"

The cars were seriously quick this weekend.

The 2014 cars continue to impress me with what they can pull out of 100 litres of fuel. Not sure how I feel about the "racing" side of the restricted fuel load but impressive achievements none the less. (...and they really need to do something about that sound track).

Stewards were out to lunch again on track boundaries. I am more and more irked about this.

zako85
13th November 2014, 13:39
Year after year, Interlagos produces pretty good racing. Would it be considered one of the best five of the current race tracks?

rjbetty
14th November 2014, 08:49
Year after year, Interlagos produces pretty good racing. Would it be considered one of the best five of the current race tracks?

I think so. And I used to think it was pretty boring around the mid to late 90s. 7.5 for me though I didnīt watch the race!

Doc Austin
14th November 2014, 13:01
Stewards were out to lunch again on track boundaries. I am more and more irked about this.

Maybe we need a return to self enforcing boundaries. Grass works extremely well.

The way it is now, you can slide off and there's no penalty other than the time you lose. It just doesn't seem like the same sport that way.

Duncan
14th November 2014, 21:27
Maybe we need a return to self enforcing boundaries. Grass works extremely well.

The way it is now, you can slide off and there's no penalty other than the time you lose. It just doesn't seem like the same sport that way.

Concrete bollards at corner apexes? That should take care of it. There did seem to be a lot of liberties taken at turn 8.

Whyzars
15th November 2014, 01:46

I'm all in for the safety aspects of grippy run off area's and the like but a lack of grass should be replaced with an equivalent "destructive" outcome.

Hamiltons total loss with 180 spin was estimated to have cost him 7 seconds. Ridiculous.

He should have suffered at least a drive through penalty because his 4 wheels crossed the track boundary. As it was he was back in business and able to recover in the same position.

Hamilton had a big loss with little penalty in time, drivers are also in the habit of benefitting from small boundary violations and this should stop.

There have been sensor trials in other motorsport competitions but I would think that a couple of judges could keep an eye on this quite successfully. 2 wheels 3 times gets a drive through, 4 wheels 1 time gets the same.

Might mix it up a bit as well and doesn't F1 crave that nowadays?

jens
18th November 2014, 20:07
No marks from me since I didn't see the race...