PDA

View Full Version : FIA Thursday press conference - Brazil

News
6th November 2014, 19:50
Reproduced with kind permission of the FIA Drivers - Kevin Magnussen (McLaren), Pastor Maldonado (Lotus), Felipe Massa (Williams), Nico Rosberg (Mercedes), Adrian Sutil (Sauber), Jean-Eric Vergne (Toro Rosso)
PRESS CONFERENCE
Q: Nico, if we could start with you? It's the first time this year, in this championship, that the championship itself is out of your hands, in the sense that two wins, here and in Abu Dhabi, won't be enough. Do you feel you need to rely on a little bit of luck then and this venue might provide it?
Nico Rosberg: Yeah, it's clear that I need to rely on something happening. Yeah, for sure there's not enough for me to win, unfortunately, but that's the way it is. Anyways, in sport so much can happen, so I'm still very optimistic.
Q: You had a rich run of form from Monaco through to Hockenheim. How would characterise the period since then?
NR: A less rich run of form! What is it? Lewis has done a little bit of a better job since then. That's it, pretty simple, but as I say, still two races.
Q: OK, thank you. Felipe, coming to you: obviously, you're a two-time winner of the Brazilian Grand Prix. Do you feel that with this car this year is your best shot of getting back on the podium, since that great win in '08.
Felipe Massa: Yeah, I think so. Anyway, I was on the podium in 2012. It's a fantastic track for me. A track that I had great results. As you said, two victories, almost three I would say. Three pole positions. I always love this track. I won many races [here] even before Formula One. So I started my career here, on the other side of the wall, which is a go-kart track, at the top. I love this place. I love the energy that I feel here and I'm really looking forward to having a fantastic weekend. I hope our car can be as competitive as shown in the other tracks here as well. We'll see how far we can be, or maybe even in the middle of these guys here on the left [Mercedes]. Trying to get all the opportunities to have a great race here.

Q: You've obviously been a key part of Williams' renaissance this year. With all the experience you have, tell us how you feel this team can become more competitive in 2015?
FM: Well, first of all you cannot forget how much we grow from the first race until now. I think maybe

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/11/16586.html)