PDA

View Full Version : Ricciardo's overtake

Mark
6th November 2014, 10:59
http://www.gfycat.com/SlimyThinGangesdolphin

A FONDO
6th November 2014, 11:32
Whats the secret notion behind those silly topics you open recently?

Tazio
6th November 2014, 15:49
A very good move that was timed perfectly. You usually don't see Fred give it up like a punk, but Danny Boy may have surprised him. Video pretty much tells it all.

Mark
6th November 2014, 15:51
Whats the secret notion behind those silly topics you open recently?

Sorry for posting stuff lol

Doc Austin
6th November 2014, 16:29
Alonso was swerving like a drunk. I know you are allowed one supposed "move," but count the times that car moves left and then right. Which one of those moves was the single move he was allowed?

Tazio
6th November 2014, 17:07
:stareup: The move to the inside right before he got back on the racing line on the outside at the turn was his "one move". The little bit of drifting he did on the straight is not egregious enough to be considered a covering move :rolleyes:

Doc Austin
7th November 2014, 05:19
The little bit of drifting he did on the straight is not egregious enough to be considered a covering move

Tell that to Marco Campos.

Tazio
7th November 2014, 06:43
:fasttalk: :bigcry:
Ha, I'll let you worry about that, This wasn't two back-markers in the lower formulae, and I didn't hear any complaints about that drive down the front straight by Danny Boy or anyone else for that matter.
I'll tell you again, because I think it is good advice:

http://www.blogaboutrunning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/get-a-massage-post-marathon.png

:angel:

TheFamousEccles
7th November 2014, 07:37
Ricciardo's overtake - was fuckin awesome! QED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x8qBP5j9Mk SpiderBait sez so!!!

BTW - how does one insert a video into a post, that would play in-situ? Am I alowed to at all? :wave:

Cheers, Simon

steveaki13
7th November 2014, 07:55
He has amazed me this season.

I mean at Toro Rosso and HRT he looked OK, but nothing world class and yet this season he has won 3 races that Mercedes have given him the chance to, performed amazing overtakes and defended and battled hard without contact.

Its only his first season at the front of F1, but he looks at home. He looks all round more comfortable than Mark Webber did at the front.

I hope he keeps this talent for brave passes as his career develops

A FONDO
7th November 2014, 09:18

I mean at Toro Rosso and HRT he looked OK, but nothing world class and yet this season he has won 3 races that Mercedes have given him the chance to, performed amazing overtakes and defended and battled hard without contact.

Its only his first season at the front of F1, but he looks at home. He looks all round more comfortable than Mark Webber did at the front.

Which reveals how ENORMOUS is the difference between a top team and a midfield one.Not only the car itself but also the engineering work, the ability to create a complete setup on Friday and the resource to quickly calculate sudden changes of variables during a race. I confess I saw nothing in him before going to RBR, he seemed even slower than Vergne and I thought they take him just because his Australia is a huge market for the drink. Now I wonder what would have happened if Hulk was taken in one of the top teams.

MrJan
7th November 2014, 13:42

Yep, surprised me too. It's been a real pleasure to see the difference between the two team mates, one that's relishing the chance to finish on the podium and the other who's whining about not being able to finish on the podium. I've not rated Vettel for the last few years, but the way that Ricciardo has upstaged him this year is nothing short of embarrassing.