PDA

View Full Version : Pit entry at Interlagos

Mark
5th November 2014, 13:30
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1qgvimCYAAQszs.jpg

Tazio
5th November 2014, 16:17
I can't see enough by that image you posted, but I wonder if this means that they will no longer cross the line at the beginning of the pit in on the normal racing line?
I always liked that effect.

Storm
5th November 2014, 20:19
the new chicane got added? why?

Brown, Jon Brow
5th November 2014, 21:57

I remember Massa getting a penalty last year (or maybe 2012?) for crossing over the pit entrance to shorten the last few turns.

J4MIE
5th November 2014, 23:42
I always thought it'd be pretty easy for someone to spin down into the put lane at high speed... Seems a good idea to me.

Somebody
7th November 2014, 13:31
I can't see enough by that image you posted, but I wonder if this means that they will no longer cross the line at the beginning of the pit in on the normal racing line?
I always liked that effect.

I believe removing 'that effect' is the entire point of the reprofiling, for a combination of safety and anti-cheating reasons.

MrJan
7th November 2014, 13:38

Safety. That pit entry has always been a bit risky as you get drivers slowing and others cutting the line. This makes is clearer and can only be an improvement IMO.

Storm
7th November 2014, 13:53
I know that. But nobody really slows down at that point they go fast like the usual speed into that corner and then hit the brakes well inside the wall ...its not like people can cut in across someone who is not going in the pits ..or can they :s

truefan72
7th November 2014, 14:03
people can never be satisfied
the new pit lane entrance and exit are good additions to the track.Arguing against it and for drivers to cut into the pit lane and back on the track is just arguing because of change not because of improvement. That section was always a safety concern, especially if the driver makes a mistake and goes into the barriers and wall at over 300kmh.

steveaki13
8th November 2014, 19:02
I guess its safer, which is the point.

Decent enough replacement.