PDA

View Full Version : Latest girl of IRL video!

arenateam
18th April 2007, 23:45
Milka is ready to race at Kansas. Here's the low down on her.

http://raceweekonline.com/video.aspx?itemID=1001213307

DRC
19th April 2007, 13:48
"First, there was Sara Fisher..."

Wow, take a little time to do a research, eh?

Mark in Oshawa
20th April 2007, 20:18
I guess Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James were just pace car drivers eh? The really sad part is the PR flack who put that video together actually believes Milka has 4 degrees in engineering. I suspect a lot of things are not quite right about her talents or lack therof. Unlike Danica, or Sarah, I KNOW Milka doesn't belong.....

CCFan
21st April 2007, 01:52
I guess Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James were just pace car drivers eh? The really sad part is the PR flack who put that video together actually believes Milka has 4 degrees in engineering. I suspect a lot of things are not quite right about her talents or lack therof. Unlike Danica, or Sarah, I KNOW Milka doesn't belong.....

The media has made a big deal of her having 4 degrees, but what do they really mean? Does she have 4 degrees because she's really intelligent or because she spent a lot of time in school? Are they helping her setup the car? And why is she even racing cars after spending all of the time and effort that it takes to earn 4 degrees in engineering?

HiWayStar
21st April 2007, 04:39
The media has made a big deal of her having 4 degrees, but what do they really mean? Does she have 4 degrees because she's really intelligent or because she spent a lot of time in school? Are they helping her setup the car? And why is she even racing cars after spending all of the time and effort that it takes to earn 4 degrees in engineering?

She has all those degrees...& a ride in OW'ers...because she has a sugar-daddy hubby who can afford to buy the trophy-wife anything she desires...

...last week a degree in (fill in the blank...)

...this week a ride in the IRL...

...next week...???...(space shuttle, maybe?)

...JMO, but a degree is just a tool in a toolbox...it's what you DO with your degree (or tool) that's important...(also something I'm telling my college-graduate offspring)

openwheeler
21st April 2007, 05:16
some facts might help:

Milka began racing in 1996 at the age of 24

Milka earned Organizational Development master's degree, then went on to earn a triple major set of Master's Degrees (simultaneously) in Naval Architecture, Marine Business and Marine Biology

she's got Barber Dodge Pro Series experience (ala Nelson Philippe, lol) but is much more well rounded, so to speak, in that she has run many types of cars and series including ALMS already - she took the Panoz GT Championship in 2000

show me another rookie that's already run Le Mans, Daytona, Sebring etc. or that's a spokesperson for a major car manufacturer (ie. Pontiac)

man or hot chick

HiWayStar
21st April 2007, 05:20
Starter: Point taken. Acquiring something, be it a tool, degree, whatever...is just that...acquiring something. May be great to have, show off to friends, brag to whomever will listen...but that item becomes something of value when used for its intended purpose. If never used in that respect, it's sort of...a waste...

Skid Marx
21st April 2007, 06:25
some facts might help:

Milka began racing in 1996 at the age of 24

Milka earned Organizational Development master's degree, then went on to earn a triple major set of Master's Degrees (simultaneously) in Naval Architecture, Marine Business and Marine Biology

she's got Barber Dodge Pro Series experience (ala Nelson Philippe, lol) but is much more well rounded, so to speak, in that she has run many types of cars and series including ALMS already - she took the Panoz GT Championship in 2000

show me another rookie that's already run Le Mans, Daytona, Sebring etc. or that's a spokesperson for a major car manufacturer (ie. Pontiac)

man or hot chick

Not to take anything away from her, but Organizational Development and Marine Biology are not engineering disciplines (and I don't know what "Marine Business" entails), so while she may have 4 Master's degrees, she doesn't have four engineering degrees. Still, four graduate level degrees is no mean feat. However, her web page also claims she ran in the "Open Telefonica World Series – the last step on the ladder to Formula One." It also proclaims Open Telefonica as "the most important single seat racing series in Europe - after Formula One." Really? I thought the most important single seater series after Formula One was GP2, or before that, F3000. So all along I've been missing where all the REAL stars were racing - in "Open Telefonica."
Gimme a break...

openwheeler
21st April 2007, 08:08
ohhhh, so your concern is that her press release puffs up her accomplishements a bit! LOL show me one that doesn't!

Mark in Oshawa
21st April 2007, 19:29
Openwheeler, the PR flacks can say all the BS they want, and with Milka's "accomplishments" there is a lot. Lets see, she started racing when she was 24, has 4 degrees, has been in a series near and dear to f1, won at "every level" (sportscar victories when the other drivers run 85% of the race for you still can be wins I guess) and now is ready for the IRL. Well it aint the PR flack driving the freaking car, it is Milka, and when and if she gets her self or someone else hurt or killed, then will the PR guy take one for the team? Not bloody likely.

The one nagging question that keeps coming back to me when I look at Milka's resume is how much of this is BS and how much of it is real? The more I look, the more I start to believe she is a fraud. Listen, I don't really even believe those degrees are worth the paper they are printed on either now that I look at the timeline. When can ANYONE get 4 undergrad degrees in various disicplines, race cars full time, do promotion work for CITGO and still have time to be married? All in the space of less than a decade? IF she is so brilliant, talented and smart, maybe she should run against Chavez for the Presidency of her homeland?

Milka is a very beautiful, smart and ambitious lady. I don't hate her, but I do think that this whole thing is going to end up with a sad end. I really do. She isn't proven to my knowledge as being ready for the IRL, and she is being pushed by hubby and CITGO money. Now she may ride around, and she may stay out of trouble, but there are no co-drivers in the IRL, and no place to hide at 200mph. Danica, for all her hype has at least not killed anyone out there and has performed with some competance. Sarah Fisher came up through sprint car racing, and you only have to watch them for 5 minutes to figure out Sarah has the mental cojones for the challenge of the IRL. Milka......well being a co driver in sportscar racing and being a Barber Dodge participant does NOT make one an IRL capable driver. Paul Dana was questionable in the eyes of some, and we all know who the role inexperience may have played in his death. I don't want to see this lady get hurt out there, but I think she is being put in danger by either her own stupidity or the mental pressure to be something she isn't......

openwheeler
21st April 2007, 19:43
k, got it

Milka or no Milka, stoked for Kansas and then on to Indy!