PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying - selected team and driver quotes

News
1st November 2014, 23:20
Jenson Button on why strategy uncertainty could help his and McLaren's cause on Sunday; Pastor Maldonado on the mistake which cost him a potential place in Q3 for Lotus - and why he is positive about his chances of fighting for the points; and Sebastian Vettel on his targets for the race given his pit lane start for Red Bull.
The drivers and senior team personnel report back after qualifying in Austin...
McLaren
Kevin Magnussen (8th, Q3 - 1:37.706)
"Qualifying seventh and eighth isn't particularly satisfying for anyone, but it's pretty much where we are with our car right now. Jenson and I were pretty evenly matched all afternoon, so I think it's pretty safe to say we got the maximum out of the car.
"I think tomorrow's race will be a two- or even three-stopper for most people, so we should hopefully be able to mix things up a little with our strategy. That's usually a good way to make forward progress, and I think scoring some useful points should certainly be possible."

Jenson Button (7th, Q3 - 1:37.655)
"That was a lot of effort for 12th on the grid. It was so close between Kevin and myself on every run this afternoon. My fastest lap wasn't amazing

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/11/16559.html)