PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations Mercedes

steveaki13
12th October 2014, 14:38
I know its been a non contest but we must congratulate them on a mighty car and engine.

Their first Constructors Title.

Good effort

veeten
12th October 2014, 15:06
Beat me to it, Steve.

Congrats, Mercedes. Well done. :)

rjbetty
12th October 2014, 17:05
Not bad, not bad. :p

Doc Austin
12th October 2014, 18:06
Hard to believe this is Mercedes first championship. They certainly squashed everyone very convincingly to get it.

N4D13
12th October 2014, 18:21
Hard to believe this is Mercedes first championship. They certainly squashed everyone very convincingly to get it.
Well, this is their first championship under the current guise. You had them fetching another under a different name in 2008. And there's also Fangio's two titles when there was no WCC.

Edit: it's funny how the Brackley team can only win when F1 is undergoing massive changes, isn't it? :P

steveaki13
12th October 2014, 18:35
Suggests they are good in new, uncertain technology, but maybe can't develop it on. However next season I expect Mercedes to be right up there.

Tazio
12th October 2014, 19:46
Props to Mercedes, bloody well done!! :champion:

jens
12th October 2014, 21:17
Congrats. Stunning season. Up there with the most dominant cars in the history of F1.

And while their chassis has been excellent as well, designed by the very talented group of engineers consisting of Lowe, Costa, Bell, and others who have all been part of the team, the power unit really takes the cake. While engines didn't make much of a difference during the V8 era and even before the engine freeze the class differences between different V10 engines weren't that significant, Mercedes really knows, how to build a Hybrid Formula One engine. And this knowledge surpasses all the others significantly.

In fact I would be surprised if even Honda could match that, half expecting them to at best perhaps surpass Renault and Ferrari. As we know, the latter two are also very experienced and successful F1 engine makers (1st and 3rd in all-time win list as engine makers), but clearly do not have the kind of know-how to cut it in the truly new era of F1 powerplants.

Mark
13th October 2014, 11:32
Right up there in performance with their 2009 season. Of course at lot has changed since then but it's effectively the same team.

Storm
13th October 2014, 19:14
They did a very good job all season. Just like Brawn like Mark says.

Also the reason why this season is one of the most boring/one sided apart from Bahrain and a couple of bits and bobs here and there...Ferrari and McLaren must be competitive next year else this will be RedBull (10-13)/Ferrari (2002-4) repeat.

Jag_Warrior
13th October 2014, 21:36
Not a huge fan of the brand but I am a Hammy fan and I also greatly respect the job Merc has done this season. Wow! Apart from spotty reliability, those cars are pretty much the class of the field at every type of circuit.