12th October 2014, 14:33
Get your votes in.

It will be more fun than the race

donKey jote
12th October 2014, 14:35
sandwich (boterham) :dozey:

Tazio
12th October 2014, 14:36
I missed the first 40 laps so I'm going to say Fred? :confused: :)

steveaki13
12th October 2014, 14:46
I missed the first 40 laps so I'm going to say Fred? :confused: :)

At least you saw 13 laps of nothing happening instead of 53.

longisland
12th October 2014, 14:52
Rosberg for clawing his way back to 2nd spot after he flat spotted his tires in turn 1. Incidentally, he is also voted Donkey of the race

journeyman racer
12th October 2014, 14:57
Daniel Ricciardo - Supreme.

Flogging Vettel yet again!

A FONDO
12th October 2014, 15:00
Botas

steveaki13
12th October 2014, 15:12
Daniel Ricciardo - Supreme.

Flogging Vettel yet again!

:laugh: :p

steveaki13
12th October 2014, 15:15
Driver of the Race:
Nico Rosberg - Good fast driving on one set of tyres. A good Second place

Other Mentions:

Lewis Hamilton - Did little, but you always need to mention the winner

Valterri Bottas - Did another decent job

Jenson Button - second 4th in a row. Lovely job again from JB

K Mag - Solid job again to get to 5th from 11th

Marcus Ericcson - Did a decent job all weekend.

Doc Austin
12th October 2014, 18:13
Watching from Lewis' in-car camera, he was not working very hard at all. He was coasting into the corners and moving his hands smoothly in one swoop with very little correction. That car was absolutely on rails, but that's easier to achieve when you are at 9/10ths instead of 10/10. I think Lewis just cruised the whole race. He may have pushed at one point, but from the in-car, it sure did not look like it. To me, it looked like he had an auto pilot.

He may have won the race, but it looked way too easy. If I am Rosberg's engineer, I don't let him watch Hamilton's in car footage. It would be too disheartening to see how easy Lewis had it.

truefan72
12th October 2014, 20:33
agreed

Rosberg is DotR

Hamilton gets an honorable mention for of course winning and pretty much conserving his engine. If he pushed, i'm sure he could have stretched the lead
Vergne as well, for yet again outperforming Kyvatt on race day.

Zico
12th October 2014, 23:14
He made a big mistake but Im still going to give DOTR to Obe.

jens
12th October 2014, 23:25
I can't give it to Rosberg even if his tyre-management was excellent, he still threw a better challenge for the win away and I have to rate the whole race. So apart from Hamilton, who some say is "unratable" since he was "just cruising", I very much like what Bottas and Button did. Though I suspect Williams/Bottas could have thrown a P2 away as well by being too conservative on tyres and believing Rosberg would pit again. Then again hard to say.

E: Oh, and I forgot. The real driver of the race was of course Putin. How dare you think otherwise! Actually I am surprised he didn't try out an F1 car some time before the actual drivers took it out on track...

airshifter
13th October 2014, 02:47
Bottas. He had to fight for his podium spot. The Mercedes was so dominant that Lewis just cruised once Nico screwed his strategy up.

Honorable mention to Button for quietly driving to 4th.

yodasarmpit
13th October 2014, 11:52
Tempted to suggest Rosberg for the recovery drive, however he put himself in that position initially so difficult to give him drive of the race, and one has to pose the question “could he have recovered so well in a different car?”

Can’t give it to Lewis, the car was so superior all he had to do was point it in the right direction.

I’d give this one to Bottas or Button.

zako85
13th October 2014, 13:26
I see nothing wrong with saying that Rosberg was the biggest donkey and driver of the race ;p