PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Nico Rosberg Q&A: It's win or bust from here in

News
10th October 2014, 02:57
After losing out in a straight fight with Mercedes team mate Lewis Hamilton at Suzuka, Nico Rosberg says victory is his sole objective at Sochi Autodrom this weekend, as he looks to cut into his current 10-point deficit in the title hunt.
In a frank interview, Rosberg also touches on what defines 'star quality' in F1 racing, how mentally tough the championship fight has proved, and why Jules Bianchi won't be far from his thoughts in Russia...
Q: Nico, you said that whoever remains the coolest will bag the title, so how is your 'state of cool' after two difficult races?
Nico Rosberg: Did I really say that? I don't think that I said that - it's consistency from now to the end of the season. That's what I am trying to do - and to win, of course. We have four races to go and it is very close on the points, so let's go for it.
Q: Lewis has won eight races so far, compared to your four, but you are still only 10 points behind. That shows how important consistency is - but does it also give you hope?
NR: I don't think about the past, I just think about the moment. As I just said, four races to go, it is very close and anything can happen. I need to do the better job in these four races that are ahead of us. I don't think beyond - or behind - that!

Q: Have you changed your approach at all, now that we're into the final races?
NR: No. I will still go out here in Sochi on Sunday and try to win the race. It's not about trying to get points or whatever

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/10/16467.html)