PDA

View Full Version : Ex SCSA drivers.

Nick Brad
18th April 2007, 11:01
I was just having a think about some of the ex drivers and what they're up to now and came across this jem for Adam Jackson.
http://www.dillonmotorspeedway.com/

Looks good, anyone got info on some of our other departed drivers? Obviously I don't mean the like of Plato, (BTCC,) but some of the others that have seemingly dropped off the map.

turn 4 mad
18th April 2007, 14:57
I was just having a think about some of the ex drivers and what they're up to now and came across this jem for Adam Jackson.

Looks good, anyone got info on some of our other departed drivers? Obviously I don't mean the like of Plato, (BTCC,) but some of the others that have seemingly dropped off the map.

adam left the uk in early 2006 after his parents sold there buisness in birmingham and moved out with ron barfield in the states, he sold all his racing gear in the uk and the car went to us here as revolution where it bacame mike lucks car now the 99 car.

Nick Brad
18th April 2007, 16:11
I was aware that the 99 car was the ex Luck/Jackson ride, but I hadn't heard anything about where Adam himself had gonwe until this morning when I had a check.
I'd love to see something develop between SCSA and Ron/DMS whereby drivers could get experience of US short track racing at a good rate and maybe even DMS drivers come over here. I guess the rookie test may make that awkward though.

JDPower
18th April 2007, 16:40
IIRC Adam posted that here a while back. Tried searching the archive site but couldn't find it though.

acorn
18th April 2007, 18:02
IIRC Adam posted that here a while back. Tried searching the archive site but couldn't find it though.

you're correct and i actually put it on my favourites and have been checking it regularly to see how the construction of the track has been progressing.

Jamie Brown
18th April 2007, 18:39
what happened to Rob Speak and Anthony Swan?

Jordygirl
19th April 2007, 17:32
I have it on very good authority that "Swanny" now spends his time working as an electrician, in and around the Corby area, and still lives close to the Oval.

JDPower
19th April 2007, 19:28
I have it on very good authority that "Swanny" now spends his time working as an electrician, in and around the Corby area, and still lives close to the Oval.
He lives in Gretton AFAIK and can sometimes be found in the Bluebell (pub) in Gretton on a sunday lunch time ;)

Nick Brad
23rd April 2007, 11:24

Sadly I missed that due to my enforced year break from the forum, now you've got me wondering what other gems I missed.

racing59
24th April 2007, 20:28
So does this mean you've rejoined the world of the internet without the need to visit the library?

Nick Brad
24th April 2007, 20:30
Unfortunately not, I have managed to blag some time on my in law's pc as well. Before that though, I had to wait for the local library to be built before I could use their computers. ;)

Chigley
24th April 2007, 22:05
Don't worry Nick, Rob will donate enough of his winnings so you don't have a problem! ;)

racing59
25th April 2007, 07:25
And who, dare I ask, sells computers in return for jelly babies?

JovialJooles
25th April 2007, 12:50
I had to wait for the local library to be built before I could use their computers. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ramone
25th April 2007, 22:55
What about Pete Storm? What a driver he was!

Nick Brad
26th April 2007, 11:07
What about Pete Storm? What a driver he was!

Refresh my memory. I guess he's a 2001 driver which sadly was before I was introduced to ASCAR.

melonhead
26th April 2007, 11:37
2002 actually, but I believe only the first rounds in May. Raced for (and quite heavily involved with) Deuce Racing.

He lost the #48 car coming off T4 as the leaders were coming up to put a lap on him and had an unexpected introduction to the pit wall!

Nick Brad
26th April 2007, 11:41
Oh, I didn't arrive until second half of '02. Should really swot up on the older drivers in the series.

Henry Cutts
26th April 2007, 12:02
Does anyone know what Roland Rehfeld is up to? I know he has raced a bit in the US.

Nick Brad
26th April 2007, 12:22
His website hasn't been updated since 2004, (although it wouldn't help much if it had as I can't read german,) the latest thing I can find atm is ARCA in 2005.

truckmonster
26th April 2007, 23:34
Speaky was in a banger at the last belle vue meeting :beer: