PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Madness

truefan72
25th September 2014, 17:26
Ecclestone: Ticket prices up to teams
https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-ecclestone-ticket-prices-teams-110302813--f1.html
"Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says the easiest way to bring down grand prix ticket prices is for teams to accept less commercial rights income."

Tell me this little man is kidding right?
surely this must be some kind of inside joke right?

Of all the pathetic things he has said and done, this is the worst of them all and most disingenuous
wow

rjbetty
25th September 2014, 17:38
"Eh? Speak up son, I'm a little hard of hearing." :p

keysersoze
25th September 2014, 20:51
He proclaims (proudly, it seems) that 70% of the revenue is returned to the teams. I wonder who gets the remaining 30%?

zako85
27th September 2014, 13:52
He proclaims (proudly, it seems) that 70% of the revenue is returned to the teams. I wonder who gets the remaining 30%?

This statement is confusing to me. I always thought that the revenue that the teams receive comes from the TV rights. Those revenues are split about 50/50 between the teams and the companies that run the F1. I didn't know that teams also get the money from promoters. Is that even right?

Tazio
27th September 2014, 14:18
Do the teams, and Eclestool also get a cut of the concessions? I'm pretty sure I could retire on the gross revenue for a race weekend, from one booze stand at the USGP. :rolleyes:

AAReagles
28th September 2014, 03:49
Bernie Eccentric... solid gold as ever

anfield5
29th September 2014, 02:32
Classic Bernie mis-direction, while everybody is confused by and talking about this, be ready for him to slip something under the radar like an even stooooooooopider points system for next year, or the three cars per team rule.