PDA

View Full Version : The IRL has lost another fan!

Cass
17th April 2007, 22:44
When I read what Pieter Dams had to say about leaving the ChampCar fold it spurred me to face the mirror, and embrace the truth....I am having to leave the fanship of the IRL. I do this with a heart that is a heavy as my waist line.
I am leaving because the IRL has abandoned the true heroes of American OpenWheel Racing, and they left my all-time favorite to go on his own....we all know my favorite, the one and only Cory Kruseman. The IRL refused to make him into the legend that he should've been, instead, turning - no spurning him aside for the Penske's and Ganassi's of the world. I wept, like only a woman could, when my American hero, the first that I cried for, the passionate driver known only as Mr. Dave Steele was forced to walk the road of former leaders in our favorite sport. Do you remember his dominance, the effort in his agony of victory at Pheonix in March 1998? How about he thrill of defeat that he suffered at Texas in October 1998? You don't remember - this is what I am talking about - no one here cares for the real heroes and it hurts, it hurts so much.......I cry again!
I am angry that Tony George refuses to finance challengers to the Penske and Ganassi dominance - I am too shaken, yes, almost crippled with fear, to see how they will roll up and over all comers again this weekend - why, why, why I ask won't Tony do something about this? And to think, Andy Michner was a true American son, but Penske and Ganassi only have 1 American between them! This is shocking that we allow this as a nation, first the foreigners take our jobs, now they take our sporting legends. We must stop this being equal, or we'll just be equal and not the legends that we have to construct for our own future. And don't tell me that Vincenzo Sospiri can replace the pain that I feel - he can't!
With that, I will go and join the ranks who embrace NASCAR and the diversity programs that it offers - the efforts to get people from outside the south to race their cars as been so rewarding - I am proud to watch them now.
As a long time member of this site, and a poster who is now into 5 digit numbers I have earned the right to post this - and I hope it will only fall on deaf ears so that one day, when my adopted children from far away lands grow up they too can hear the roar of pride!
Farewell, my dear friends and Bristol Rocks Man!
Cassandra