PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Singapore

steveaki13
21st September 2014, 16:05
Give your nominations

Koz
21st September 2014, 16:07
Vergne for that blast on fresh tyres at the end.

Zico
21st September 2014, 16:09
Vergne.... followed by Vettel then Hamilton.

A FONDO
21st September 2014, 16:16
Vern

Perez

Fetel

Tazio
21st September 2014, 16:23
JEV, Fred, Danny Boy, Vettel, and than Boss,

Doc Austin
21st September 2014, 16:43
I haven't seen the race yet, but I am delighted that Vettel finally had a good weekend.

steveaki13
21st September 2014, 16:49
Driver of the Race:

Ricciardo - I believe he just edges out Vettel today. Finished right behind him for 3rd despite some clear issues in the car

Other Mentions: (No order)

Vettel - Almost tied in my opinion with Ricciardo. He done a fine job on wearing tyres to finish 2nd.

Hamilton - A good win, but nothing special until those laps after the SC and still had a tyre advantage. Good win though

Alonso - Done another good job IMO. He was potentially finishing ahead of Red Bull but for the SC. Another good effort

Jean Eric Vergne - Great final stint from him, passing 4 cars in 2 laps

Ericcson - He done a good job today. Racing faster cars and finished ahead of both Marussia's

truefan72
21st September 2014, 16:53
Hamilton: a great drive and an awesome stretch after the safety car
Vergne: stormed through the bottas train ( i hope he gets a seat for next year. as i rate him much higher than kyvatt)
Vettel: Did well to hold on to p2

longisland
21st September 2014, 17:21
JEV. He's got my vote for both driver & donkey of the race. I personally hope to see him on the grid next season. The boss. He just loves to win in style. Seb. Finally having a trouble free weekend.

dj_bytedisaster
21st September 2014, 17:23
How is losing FP2 a trouble-free weekend?

Tazio
21st September 2014, 17:29
:stareup: at least he wasn't arrested for domestic violence. :confused: :dozey:

airshifter
21st September 2014, 18:19
Hard to pick one today. A lot of good drivers in the top 10. Button had a great day right until the car stopped, and his drive was up there with the others mentioned.

anfield5
22nd September 2014, 02:23
Found it hard to vote for Vegne. He brought the car home well at the end, but he still cost himself a good result with things earlier in the race.

Hamilton did all he had to do and showed his real pace after the safety car.

Vettel had his best weekend of the season and couldn't really do any more than he did.

Alonso for his usual stirring effort in 'Clifford' (the big red dog)

Doc Austin
22nd September 2014, 03:05
Vettel had his best weekend of the season and couldn't really do any more than he did.

It's sad when your best weekend of the season includes missing part of one practice and most of another. I hope he gets another win soon.

Robinho
22nd September 2014, 03:47
Vergne, with some great passing at the end, was rooting for him to make up the 5 seconds on the guys behind to retain 6th. Hamilton, vettel, ricciardo and Alonso all drove pretty immaculately and Button was going really well too. But for me, for a potentially career saving drive, I'll say Vergne

The Black Knight
22nd September 2014, 13:18
Hamilton, Vettel, Ricciardo and Alonso.

All had superb drives yesterday.

racingmax420
22nd September 2014, 17:25
Super Hamilton and Vettel :D

truefan72
22nd September 2014, 17:25
Found it hard to vote for Vegne. He brought the car home well at the end, but he still cost himself a good result with things earlier in the race.

Hamilton did all he had to do and showed his real pace after the safety car.

Alonso for his usual stirring effort in 'Clifford' (the big red dog)

I think finishing 6th with the STR was about as good as it was going to get for him and his overtakes were sublime.
So I am not sure how he cost himself a better result. He dragged that car to p6 and overcame his last 5sec penalty in storming away on the last lap
Also, his penalties were all during daring overtakes rather than some "lock up" or other mishap. It was probably his best drive in his F1 career IMO

truefan72
22nd September 2014, 17:29
It's sad when your best weekend of the season includes missing part of one practice and most of another. I hope he gets another win soon.

Well, it is how you finish not how you start. and vettel ended the race in p2, holding on and beating his teammate and alonso.
It is a bit funny how folks think that missing practice, etc and yet finishing p2 was not an indication of an excellent weekend.
I'm not sure how folks are judging that or what more they want out of a driver.

The fact is , all things considered it was an excellent weekend for him.
He finished the race 2nd and looked very strong in the earlier parts, clearly pulling away from alonso and ricciardo

Storm
22nd September 2014, 19:55
I only saw the race from SC period onwards and Vergne impressed at the end with his brave passing.

Hamilton did well to maintain his position even with a pit stop too.

anfield5
22nd September 2014, 23:41
I think finishing 6th with the STR was about as good as it was going to get for him and his overtakes were sublime.
So I am not sure how he cost himself a better result. He dragged that car to p6 and overcame his last 5sec penalty in storming away on the last lap
Also, his penalties were all during daring overtakes rather than some "lock up" or other mishap. It was probably his best drive in his F1 career IMO

I simply meant that he had 2 penalties during the race and these cost him a better result. The penalties may have been for 'daring' overtaking, but since he was penalised for them they were ill advised.

I agree 6th was a brilliant effort, but how much better could it have been?

truefan72
23rd September 2014, 09:24
I simply meant that he had 2 penalties during the race and these cost him a better result. The penalties may have been for 'daring' overtaking, but since he was penalised for them they were ill advised.

I agree 6th was a brilliant effort, but how much better could it have been?

6th is what I say

he wasn't going to finish on the podium
that leaves 4th or 5th and both Alonso and massa were miles down the road
Especially massa, who pretty much ran solo for the entire race
Vergne had no chance of passing alonso or massa,
the first penalty was added to his pitstop, that was only 5 seconds,
the second one was added to his time at the end of the race and he did well enough to pull more than a 5sec gap to maintain the position
so there was no way he could have finished higher than 6th

I really hope he finds a race seat for next year
i think he might join lotus. when grosjean moves to mclaren and button either retires or moves to sauber for a swan song

jens
29th September 2014, 20:39
I am still not entirely happy with Vettel's performance, because once again he struggled with tyre wear in the end. But at least the beginning was strong and reminded me past seasons, when he was very fast in the early laps to open up gaps.